Sponsored

For those sticking with the 2021....why?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No vehicle is perfect for me. The 2021 Bronco isn't perfect. But any of the main gripes arent likely to change in a model year (or ever) so I see no reason to wait.

I'm fairly happy with the current offering.

My truck also won't last another year. The transmission got stuck in reverse just this morning. A cool experience on an icy road.
Every time my auto trans does a 2 -> 1 downshift with light pedal load I think the transmission may be laying on the road. No rolling stops for me.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No... I'm not trolling, and I totally understand the mentality of "because I just want one", but I'm seriously wondering with so many red flags and so many unanswered questions, why are so many of us still willing to dive in?

Jeep had better prices, more options, and the aftermarket is never ending.

We know without a doubt that Ford is changing things for 2022 including more color options (tops and exterior for sure), more running gear options (manual and possible engines), something that is going to change the GVWR, and definitely more real life review information.

And yet with all these things, most of us, who are as much in the know as can be (vs the clueless mass population)... are still clamoring at each others throats to be first in line?

Besides the very large possibility that there will be a price increase for 2022... any actual sain reasons as to why it's 2021 or bust?
Jeep jeep jeep. Geez. If you like 70 year old design, have at it. I'd rather drive safely.

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, I have had 2 Wranglers(2015 and 2018 JKs), and loved them. They were my DDs. I drive a lot and they killed my back and hips. I'm finally at a point where I can buy something as a "Toy" and pay cash. I was initially planning on a 4dr Wildtrak as a DD, but I'm unimpressed with the options and pricing. I am planning to change to the 2dr Base+2.7L for the toy instead. Hoping the IFS is a lot more gentile on my back, but it'll be a toy so I can live with it regardless.

I've been a member of many forum communities for cars and Jeeps, and it's fun. When I was younger my first car was already 5 years old and all of the forum posts on things I wanted to do were old. I'm looking forward to being one of the first people waiting for aftermarket lift kits and accessories for the Bronco and posting about it. I'm also involved in the manufacturing industry and see this as possibly a big opportunity to create and manufacture mods myself and have a big community to sell them to.

Many vehicles have come and gone, some come and then a few years later the price is astronomically higher(see 2010 Raptor original MSRP 38,995).

As a toy, I'll probably have it for a long time. I won't be racking up miles like a DD.

CoolerThanCool

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2wd 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm on the Verge of holding off for a while. Only thing keeping me going is that knowing that I'm getting a hell of a deal on it and my daily driver is 7 years old with almost 85k miles on it and not practical at all.

Once I see real pricing then I'll decide.

Sponsored

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 Door Badlands, Velocity blue, 2.3l, MT, lux package, MIC top, non-squatch. Nothing in my build is late availability and has no accessory restrictions. Why would I wait?

I'm getting a MT, and my attitude is get while the getting is good. I really think Ford will axe the MT after a couple years.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me I don’t see the red flags as much as some, the interior options look good
To me, I prefer the MIC top over the painted top. The delays do suck but some are to be expected. The BP price change to me was stupid and late. But in the end it didn’t affect my WT build..
Color options will always be changing with future years, I’m not one that sees a new color and thinks I need to trade mine in...
everyone needs to weigh their pros and cons and then make their best decision...
This.

I don’t see a bunch of “red flags”. I see a company trying to overcome the obstacles of the current situation to get a completely new vehicle out there. Has it been perfect? no, but if you always expect perfection then you will always be disappointed. I will be amazed and impressed if they can manage to get some of these models on the road in 2021 with all of the challenges Covid has presented.

Overall people are too pessimistic. It is easy to be an armchair critic than it is to see the positivity in things. There are problems with other vehicle launches and other build and price tools from competitors, I could point some out. The difference here is that they didn’t generate the same level of buzz and excite the masses as much as the Bronco.

So if so many people are so exited and emotionally invested in this vehicle, that has to tell you that Ford did something right. Right?

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because I’m driving my wife’s hand me down... a 2009 Honda Pilot with 200,000 miles.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m sticking with 2021 because I don’t want to pay what will be a little price increase for 22 these damn things are expensive as is hell if I see a good deal on a new pick up and I like it I might go that route as well but pretty set on bronco

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I don’t think Ford has any quality red flags at this point. Seems to be all supply chain stuff now. I bet they are done tweaking, for the most part.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a day three reservation .. I’m actually very happy with my build for 21’ model! OBX, 2 door race red, MIC top, roast cloth and Lux Pkg!!! I’m kind of a tomboy when it comes to cars. I get that from my dad who is a Ford retiree! He loves telling us stories of racing his 69’ Roadrunner and His stories from working at Ford in Hegewish (Chicago)! My amazing father is 71, has Multiple Sclerosis for 42 years and still mobile thank god! He and I are soo excited for the Bronco to come back. I will not wait because I can’t wait to have him by my side on delivery day! It’s going to be epic! That is god willing HES still here. 2020 has taught us to not take life for granted, be thankful for what we’ve been blessed with! I am so incredibly lucky to be able to live the life I have! This Bronco will be the icing on the cake! ❤
Thanks for this. I admire how positive you are, consistently.
Sad about your dad, but good that he is mobile and even at 71 yrs young, good thing!
I'd love to hear stories about that Roadrunner, as those were good years to live in back then (from stories I have heard as well).

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 Door Badlands, Velocity blue, 2.3l, MT, lux package, MIC top, non-squatch. Nothing in my build is late availability and has no accessory restrictions. Why would I wait?

I'm getting a MT, and my attitude is get while the getting is good. I really think Ford will axe the MT after a couple years.
Rumor has it that the Lux package will cause a delay. I'm looking at the same build but black 2-door.

Bmisk19

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few reasons for me.

First of all everything I want already exists. I love the Badlands. I'm getting a Antimatter Blue 2door, standard wheels on 33"s, 7-speed manual, the mid package, sound deadening, and the floor liners. That's it, that's all I want.

My current living situation allows me to not require a car for at least another 8 months. Truthfully I'm a car/sedan guy. Ford is only really making SUV's and trucks now, and I might as well get the coolest one. I know that the Mustang exists, but I've already got a 69 Cougar that I keep in storage.

Plus this will be my first new car, and I wanted my choice to be a memorable one.
Sponsored

Last edited: