ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m all for choice, what works for one person may not work for someone else…or even preferred. Coke or Pepsi, mayonnaise or miracle whip, chocolate or vanilla. It’s your money spend it on whatever appeals or is most appropriate for your needs and desires.

What I am absolutely disgusted by is when the govt. mandates what products and technologies manufacturers have to make rather than letting the free market determine what sells and what doesn’t. Not to mention the lies and slight of hand back room deals that promote green technology as in the best interest of humanity and the environment which have been proven many many many times over to be absolutely false and as someone else had pointed out, unless the entire world adopts carbon and emission free technology for every single industry, this does zero to reduce any impact on the environment whatsoever and only makes those pushing the agenda wealthier while increasing the costs to the consumer.

Wasn’t it just twenty years ago we were being warned about the coming of the next ice age, that didn’t happen so flip the script and now it’s all about global warming oh I seem to also remember that cows that fart exhaust methane which was also supposed to destroy the ozone and we were all going to burn up. Do you own research and make educated decisions based on what you know rather than what you’ve heard or are being told from our C- leaders.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Funny how many of you believe anything said by a company CEO... I'm old enough to remember when Ford said the 2007-2008 would be the only years of the reincarnation of the GT500 and people bought them thinking they would have a collectible... Well, the 2022 is nicer.
This is not a Ford thing either, I also remember the BMW CEO say that they would never have turbocharged M car, then they said, there would never be an M SUV nor an AWD M car... All proven lies.
Every time VW says anything about producing a prototype, it's likely a lie.

Manufacturers ONLY care about their stockholders, they will sell whatever makes money, not tradition, not legacy, not enthusiasts and not of any other BS.
I remember when the fifth Gen Cherokee came out, Jeep enthusiasts cried like hungry babies about the legacy... Jeep knew that most of the XJ owners would never buy the new Cherokee and did absolutely nothing about it, yet it still sells in great numbers despite of Jeep having 7 different 4 door SUVs in their lineup (I think they had two in 1990). The electric Mustang is selling more than the ICE one, so expect changes in that department. Dodge can't build Hellcats quick enough so they'll keep building supercharged V8s. If people only buy EVs, I can guarantee manufacturers will only build EVs.
Whatever a CEO says will be what buyers want to hear to keep the stockholders happy.

bstoked

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Going from less than 3% of the market to the majority is going to take a LOT longer than any of these fantasy proposals I've seen talking heads promote.

Electrics get talked about constantly, but hardly anyone is actually buying them.
Actually this is not true. Rocketing EV car sales last year put them close to 10% of all sales in 2021. Insane growth... Of course not the majority of sales, but a fast trend....

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny how many of you believe anything said by a company CEO... I'm old enough to remember when Ford said the 2007-2008 would be the only years of the reincarnation of the GT500 and people bought them thinking they would have a collectible... Well, the 2022 is nicer.
This is not a Ford thing either, I also remember the BMW CEO say that they would never have turbocharged M car, then they said, there would never be an M SUV nor an AWD M car... All proven lies.

Manufacturers ONLY care about their stockholders, they will sell whatever makes money, not tradition, not legacy, not enthusiasts and not of any other BS.
I remember when the fifth Gen Cherokee came out, Jeep enthusiasts cried like hungry babies about the legacy... Jeep knew that most of the XJ owners would never buy the new Cherokee and did absolutely nothing about it, yet it still sells in great numbers despite of Jeep having 7 different 4 door SUVs in their lineup (I think they had two in 1990). The electric Mustang is selling more than the ICE one, so expect changes in that department. Dodge can't build Hellcats quick enough so they'll keep building supercharged V8s. If people only buy EVs, I can guarantee manufacturers will only build EVs.
Whatever a CEO says will be what buyers want to hear to keep the stockholders happy.
I loved my 2007 M3 V8. Nothing sounds like a V8 for certain, but the BMW twin turbo design is lighter and more efficient. Now I have anxiety for the first time ever owing a new car. The 2.7L twin turbo in our Bronco is probably more complicated than a modern full flow staged-combustion-cycle rocket engine. OK, maybe that is a stretch, but I can say that the latest Carbon Wrapped Electric Motor that is in the Model S Plaid is now far easier to design, manufacture and maintain than any modern ICE design.

BroncoJLandCJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ-7, 2020 JLU, Bronco res holder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not slowing down on ICE vehicles

Ford, however, has no plans to curb production of its gasoline-powered vehicles.
“We continue to see a lot of opportunity in the ICE business,” said Lawler, who called it a “strategic advantage.”

Farley noted the company would increasingly focus its ICE business around products with passionate owners, like Bronco SUVs or Mustang sports cars."

https://www.autonews.com/manufactur...m_campaign=20220203&utm_content=hero-headline
Was really hoping he'd confirm a BEV Bronco. Probably won't buy one until a BEV is on the market.

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is so much BS and lies about electric vehicles. Firstly modern internal combustion engines are very efficient and clean. The majority of electric power comes from coal or natural gas, in the midwest where I live and in much of the country it's coal. The small amount coming from wind turbines is going to be consumed whether or not you plug in your car, the additional power to charge your car comes from guess what fossil fuels. Batteries have their own environmental impact and if you're lucky will last 10 years. That said I'm not opposed to electric vehicles and may get one myself, but no you're not saving the planet! It's amazing how college professors even with phds actually think electric vehicles are zero emissions. Tell a lie enough times people believe it truth be damned.
Don’t forget about the child labor used to mine what is needed for the electric cars. As young as 6 years old.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a prophetic song:
Ford Bronco Ford CEO Jim Farley Confirms ICE Future for the Bronco and Mustang 1644456868159
Ford Bronco Ford CEO Jim Farley Confirms ICE Future for the Bronco and Mustang 1644456735367

long live the ICE.....

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are absolutely correct. And diesels regularly go a million miles pulling goods all over the country. The current popular opinion is forcing the technology efforts in the direction of ev’s. And just because something is expected to perform a certain way doesn’t mean it will in all cases. You’re on a 6G Bronco forum; lots of examples of that right at our fingertips 😁
Oh evs will NEVER fully replace 3/4 ton trucks threw commercial trucks . No arguments there. At best those will be PHEV.

Smashquatch

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 Cooper S 85 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Charging times to 100%, will eventually get to under 10 minutes, maybe under 5. When that happens, it's game over for ICE's.
[/QUOTE
Oh evs will NEVER fully replace 3/4 ton trucks threw commercial trucks . No arguments there. At best those will be PHEV.
Yup. The power company I work far has started buying them. The bucket trucks are actually nice. No idling while you’re in the air.

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are absolutely correct. And diesels regularly go a million miles pulling goods all over the country. The current popular opinion is forcing the technology efforts in the direction of ev’s. And just because something is expected to perform a certain way doesn’t mean it will in all cases. You’re on a 6G Bronco forum; lots of examples of that right at our fingertips 😁
No question that trucking has absolutely demonstrated the longevity of the diesels in that platform. The disruptor in that space is total cost of ownership. The electric versions are penciling out so well that the shift will happening. Battery supply is limiting this at present. Cost of fuel, cost of maintenance and for that matter the shortage of truck drivers (as compared to future autonomy) will disrupt things in a big way. Some see the disruption coming in the form of hydrogen and so we will see.

Time will validate, but just calling the shot now.

Sponsored

sshurts

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
misc, no jeep or bronco at this time.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

And this summary validates that disruption always comes from outside the status quo. The reason that ICE manufacturers are scrambling is because they missed seeing the S-Curve years ago. Tesla, and The-Chinese-Are-Coming (think Japan in years past) are years ahead and hitting the ramp of the adoption curve prepared. We will see how fast legacy manufacturers are able to RAMP their production (do they even have enough battery supplies contracted?). With the innovation S-Curve is a disruption S-Curve. We will see which companies can get on the innovation curve.

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup... sounds like they'll continue to build ICE vehicles as long as they are profitable.

Probably will see a hybrid Bronco in the not-too-distant future. Find it hard to believe we'll see an all-electric Bronco any time soon. Just need some more time for the technology to advance. All-electric is feasible for daily drivers or vehicles intended to be driven around heavily populated areas. Doesn't really work for an off-road adventure vehicle—at least not yet.

BUT, probably only a matter of time.
Hybrids are a bit more realistic. Full EV is not sustainable for the entire fleet without a significant boost in electricity production along with the need for a much more robust plug-in network. In addition, the tax credit of $7,500 is what makes these more price competitive. Take the tax credit away and the EV instantly jumps $7,500 in cost.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hybrids are a bit more realistic. Full EV is not sustainable for the entire fleet without a significant boost in electricity production along with the need for a much more robust plug-in network. In addition, the tax credit of $7,500 is what makes these more price competitive. Take the tax credit away and the EV instantly jumps $7,500 in cost.
The $7500 tax credit expired for Tesla 2 years ago and their sales have only gone up since.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not slowing down on ICE vehicles

Ford, however, has no plans to curb production of its gasoline-powered vehicles.
“We continue to see a lot of opportunity in the ICE business,” said Lawler, who called it a “strategic advantage.”

Farley noted the company would increasingly focus its ICE business around products with passionate owners, like Bronco SUVs or Mustang sports cars."

https://www.autonews.com/manufactur...m_campaign=20220203&utm_content=hero-headline
Don't expect the gas engine to disappear. National security plays a big part in the "all in" process of going electric only. Mobilty has been a strategic asset to the US for many reasons. Do you really want bad actors having the abilty to shut your vehicle down with a few keystrokes? An all EV vehicle leaves you vulnerable.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.