JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is definitely a sucky deal for the Grangers and Stephens of the world and it really jerks around the people who've spend countless hours trying to understand the game and win. Ford screwed this up. They should have foreseen this train wreck before they set the original rules.

It kinda sucks that I want this Bronco badly, otherwise I'd have walked by now. Too much drama.

I have to think that somewhere in all of this is folks at every level trying to maximize their utility. Dealers trying to corner the market on orders, consumers trying to get the lowest price, etc. No fault for anyone doing the best they can. Ford and it's dealers have been doing it a long time and they both are playing the game. Neither has it in for the guys like us.

I think most of the drama is created in the threads, not by Ford. I think they have done a pretty good job a product they have yet to sell or build. Enjoy the B&P and have some faith that things will work themselves out. In the end most of this is out of our control so enjoy the dream of your Bronco. Don't let the stress take away the joy.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone calm down. Ford is the manufacturer and at the end of the day they will do what they want in the best interest of their dealership network and their customers. If you think ford is screwing you then you can choose to unscrew yourself by walking away.

everyone is missing the point why all of this drama even exist at all. It exist because ford produced the best looking vehicle in decades and everyone agrees and thus DEMAND is HIGH.

everyone will get their Broncos so just relax. Btw all this demand means bronco values will hold for years to come.

Last edited:

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get mad but this is likely the most efficient way to fill orders quickly and is what I anticipated from the beginning.

They could have been more transparent from the beginning.

This the same thing Tesla does when they roll out a new model. The service certain geographic locations first and certain builds.

Live in California and want a dual motor you'll get it much sooner than someone in New England that wants a single motor even if he reserved way earlier than you.

Im not going to assume Fords doing the exact same way but we'll see.

Does living in Connecticut drop me down the line? Does getting a 4dr Big Bend with what I assume will be a pretty standard build move me back up it?

I don't know but given how far out things are already Im not going to get too unhappy about it right now and hope I have mine by September or October.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The formula is in the attachment to the first post. The specific numbers that will go into that formula for each dealer are not yet known, or at minimum not disclosed.

As an aside, Ford will never provide the 4,000 plus allocation calculations for all the dealers (or any of the dealers for that matter) to the end consumer.

One of the Super Fun parts of this Ford change in production allocation is you get to ask your dealer where you stand in their allocation calculation (after Ford communicates it to them). Then you get to guess whether they are being truthful with you when they answer!

If you have ever asked any question at most dealerships more difficult than the color of the sky, you can imagine how fun this conversation will be and how many dealer employee levels it will move through.

And, more really Good News! You can have this conversation, along with the always fun-filled pricing conversation, with multiple dealers! If the first one you speak with doesn’t work out, try, try again.

Gosh! I’ve reinvigorated my desire to order a Bronco just thinking about this bonus play time with dealers!

Ford truly is listening!
That was not the formula. Just the numbers in it.

Telling someone 2 and 5 is in the equation is not the same as saying the equation IS, “2 x 5 = ?” vs “2 x y5 = ?”

It’s all speculation at this point. ?‍♂

JK

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Ford places that much emphasis on market size, I might as well go buy something else. I’ll have time to wear it out before Ford builds my reservation in 2026.

There isn’t a new car dealer of any flavor in the county I live in!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

well seems I am good, early 2nd day reservation, in jeep country, in decent metropolitan population area, jeep dealer across street from current reservation win!!!!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow it's almost like Ford doesn't want to be sued in to oblivion by the dealer interest groups that have them by the balls. If they want to sell vehicles in the United States, they have to kowtow to the big dealers. It's as simple as that.

OP
OP

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
That was not the formula. Just the numbers in it.

Telling someone 2 and 5 is in the equation is not the same as saying the equation IS, “2 x 5 = ?” vs “2 x y5 = ?”

It’s all speculation at this point. ?‍♂

JK
Look again - I presume the “numbers“ you are referring to are the %’s. 50% of an individual dealer’s allocation is the dealer reservations thru 9/18 and 50% is a weighting of the competitive vehicle sales and his sales of other Ford product.

There are a couple of examples in this thread where people have plugged in hypothetical #’s for hypothetical dealers if you’re interested.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

'they lied'

'they could have been more transparent'

'bait and switch'

Frustrating? Absolutely.

But for me, Occam's Razor; it's not a big conspiracy by a billion dollar company with a massive internal quasi-bureaucracy to stick it to me, just some guy in a small group of bad-ass-vehicle devotees.

Ford respects enthusiasts, but let's be real: we're not dating. Ford will ultimately move far more volume on the walk-in impulse purchasers who don't know there are forums, or deals, or spyshots, or a Warthog variant, or prototype-only leather interiors that frustrate everyone, or the fact that the mid-package-includes-heated-seats-but-the-Big-Bend-was-supposed-to-have-those-and-if-you-switch-to-the-sandstone-interior-it-says-you-get-them-for-no-upcharge-on-B&P.

It is most likely that Ford simply made what ultimately proved to be inaccurate assumptions and projections, and based their rollout details on those assumptions and projections.

I might have a legitimate issue with the PR department's methodology for articulating the (apparently) significant change, or arguably trying to whitewash the fact that there has been a significant change at all in these details. But that's a far cry from the Big Blue Oval plotting late at night through clouds of cigar smoke, because they're out to get me with their 'lies.';)

I'll leave my Bronco frustration-energy for figuring out heated seats and whether my affinity for the look of the Squatch will defeat reason.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the key there is 2021.....I bet 2022s will hit the lots at the end of the year and maybe even before the 2022 reservations are sent out to customers. They do have to get these on the lots so that people can sell them and dealers can start making some money. Hopefully they can start to ramp up production so everyone can get one.

Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look again - I presume the “numbers“ you are referring to are the %’s. 50% of an individual dealer’s allocation is the dealer reservations thru 9/18 and 50% is a weighting of the competitive vehicle sales and his sales of other Ford product.

There are a couple of examples in this thread where people have plugged in hypothetical #’s for hypothetical dealers if you’re interested.
To be fair, there is not enough information provided to divine the actual formula. Yes people keep speculating, but there is no reason to assume that the formula is anything like what these hypothetical users are stating. There are an infinite number of formulas that could meet the criteria in that memo [even ignoring the input values], but would yield vastly different results. Could it end up being the basic 6th grade formula that many seem to believe? Yes. I just don't know how anyone would reasonably conclude that this must absolutely be the case.

I know that I'm not the first to state this and I know that I'm not going to convince anyone. Maybe we can get a mathematician or a student that can better explain the errors and oversimplifications that are being made.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I learned the first day of business school that the main purpose of a business is to maximize profits. I'm sure Ford is playing with the allocation model (and everything else) to do just that.

Whether we Bronco buyers like it or not, Ford has to placate their big volume dealers. Bronco is just a small piece of the Ford puzzle. If a big F-150 dealer wants some Broncos, he's going to get them regardless of reservations.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Soooooo should I hit the panic button mentally or.....

I'm a day one res. Should i be concerned?
No, but those of us not in the first 50% of our dealer’s reservations have no idea when we will get our Bronco.

BMaze

Outer Banks
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If there are going to be dealer allocation Broncos at dealers...great!
They can mark THOSE up while we reservation holders justly pay MSRP.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have read a lot of different threads here, and have not seen the following asked/addressed. Apologies if I missed it elsewhere, but I did try to search it various different ways.

This has to do with how Ford views dealership size. Locally, we have three different locations with the same name and ownership - Call it XYZ North, XYZ South, and XYZ East. Does Ford look at that and add sales at all three locations to determine their sales volume, or does each location get treated as an independent dealer?

Similarly, we also have one owner with two locations that have different names - call it ABC Ford and DEF Ford. Same question - Are they considered together for volume, or separate?

Just trying to figure out if one of the two scenarios would be considered the bigger volume dealership, when it come to allocations.
Sponsored