BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Clubs

Admin addendum: Ford has corrected its website to reflect that the Base 4-Door Bronco does not come standard with automatic transmission.

So, did anyone else catch this? On Base 4 DR specs it used to just say 10-speed Automatic, not anymore.. it has both. The cherry on top of getting the 4 dr base was you only had to spend 1600 for 2.6L cause it already came with Auto... now?

NEW SPECS on Base Details:

Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission

My reservation details :
Bronco, BASE, 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmissioin, undefined, 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement
^ˆ˜`~*†‡
$34,695

Advertisement

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Clubs

Yeah. Ford confirmed at a Q&A that the the info on 4DR Base coming with automatic was incorrect. They just updated the site to show auto is optional like other trims. (except Outer Banks)
4AD832B8-46AF-4872-8CA8-20C3635C7FC8.jpeg

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
So, did anyone else catch this? On Base 4 DR specs it used to just say 10-speed Automatic, not anymore.. it has both. The cherry on top of getting the 4 dr base was you only had to spend 1600 for 2.6L cause it already came with Auto... now?

Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission

My reservation details :
Bronco, BASE, 10-Speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmissioin, undefined, 4x4 with Part Time Selectable Engagement
^ˆ˜`~*†‡
$34,695
When you see 10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission (It means that they are available across all the Trims) but in this case Manual on 2 Door and AT Standard on 4 Door on a BASE:
1600271198905.png

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion

My reservation details :
^ˆ˜`~*†‡
$34,695
When you see 10-Speed Automatic/7-Speed Manual Transmission (It means that they are available across all the Trims) but in this case Manual on 2 Door and AT Standard on 4 Door on a BASE:
1600271198905.png

Yeah. Ford confirmed at a Q&A that the 4DR Base coming with automatic was incorrect. They just updated the site to show auto is optional like every other trim.
4AD832B8-46AF-4872-8CA8-20C3635C7FC8.jpeg
If this is True and they are not changing this again, then the Price of the Base 4 Door should come down?

Rion

Big Bend
First Name
Rion
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Not cool.
I mean, I like having options, but it definitely means more cost now for base buyers

mC.242

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Clubs

I was wondering about that myself - seemed odd that the base would include the AT for free when it's an additional cost in all other trims. I figured that must have been a mistake. Definitely makes the Big Bend the value play in the line though - if you want something that will at least cover the basics well under $40K.
I'm still planning on the the 4dr Big Bend totally stock - which will end up around $36,500 using X-Plan. I might opt for the MIC hard top if it really is only a $700 upgrade, but keeping the MT and 2.3L engine.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Clubs

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
no way a base in any trim is gonna have a 10spd standard unless you up to Sasquatch package :)
Automatic is still cheaper than Sask Pkg. Now its extra add the $1600 for AT to Base Price.
Its a Disappointment. Ford is playing with the people who want Base :LOL: There is No Guarantee that Ford would come back and say Wheels are Optional too😅

OP
BuddysB6g

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Clubs

Those of us remember that the base and BL 4dr came standard with Auto. Which explained the big jump in MSRP between base 2 and 4 dr. Now this has changed, I'm assuming the projected base 4dr price should come down.

tshaw2009

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150 Lariat 4X4 Offroad, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Clubs

I wonder if it would be possible to make Ford stick with what was listed originally when it comes time to order by having a screenshot of the information on the original page? When I bought my 2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost, they had mistakenly put a price sticker meant for a 2011 XLT that was on the lot at $19,300. They admitted the mistake and the truck was supposed to be priced at $23K. I asked them, "So are you going to honor the price you had on the vehicle, because if not, I'll walk away." Only reason I thought to ask was because my credit union was like, "That truck appraises way above $19.3k." Needless to say, they gave me the truck at the price listed on the sticker. I mean it is kind of bait and switch lol. Their QA team should have caught that mistake before it ever went live on the web.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement