Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No matter how you look at this, the base model pricing makes zero sense. I can only assume they are pricing the 2dr base artificially low so dealers can advertise the 2021 Bronco "Starting at just $28,500". TBH I wish I could live with a 2dr since I plan to get the 2.3L/MT anyway but it's just way too small and getting in/out of the back will be a massive PITA.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you add Diesel Option the Price is crossing $40K. BUt if you want a Bronco and that Torque #s then option 2.7L V6 you would hit the 400 mark Torque.
I guess you're right and you could spec the 2.0 turbo 4 on the wrangler at no cost with the AT.

nbennett14

Base
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Fusion, 14 Fusion, 07 Expedition, 14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm playing devil's advocate since I'm not even getting a Base model. I will be going with either Big Bend or Black Diamond. With that being said, my issue that I have isn't with the price or being upcharged for upgrades or options. The issue I have is that for literally weeks, the Ford Bronco Base website listed the 10 speed automatic transmission as the "Standard" option on the Base 4-Door model (not an upgrade). I completely understand why people are pissed about that changing. Then people come on here and defend Ford saying their "disclosure" that I posted a while ago is okay because "everyone does it". Just because shady, disingenuous, and dishonest business practices is the "usual" in the industry doesn't make it right. Like I said previously, a well-run, honest business doesn't need disclosures as an escape for their mistakes as they will own up to their mistakes and make it right with their customers, if keeping a loyal customer base is important to them. When oopsies cost a business money, I guess they should learn to properly vet the information that is getting put out to the public with better QA teams. My work gets internally audited at least three times before it is finalized. Maybe Ford should adopt the same policy instead of making the customers pay for its mistakes.
I am with you that I prefer a well run Honest business, but, in todays world with these attorneys just waiting for their next big pay day, you pretty much have to cover your ass.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm playing devil's advocate since I'm not even getting a Base model. I will be going with either Big Bend or Black Diamond. With that being said, my issue that I have isn't with the price or being upcharged for upgrades or options. The issue I have is that for literally weeks, the Ford Bronco Base website listed the 10 speed automatic transmission as the "Standard" option on the Base 4-Door model (not an upgrade). I completely understand why people are pissed about that changing. Then people come on here and defend Ford saying their "disclosure" that I posted a while ago is okay because "everyone does it". Just because shady, disingenuous, and dishonest business practices is the "usual" in the industry doesn't make it right. Like I said previously, a well-run, honest business doesn't need disclosures as an escape for their mistakes as they will own up to their mistakes and make it right with their customers, if keeping a loyal customer base is important to them. When oopsies cost a business money, I guess they should learn to properly vet the information that is getting put out to the public with better QA teams. My work gets internally audited at least three times before it is finalized. Maybe Ford should adopt the same policy instead of making the customers pay for its mistakes.
Full disclosure: I'm a Federal compliance auditor by trade, specializing in internal controls and also dabble in city/state grants.

Where Ford is at in the process of bringing this product to market, it seems reasonable that the marketing team isn't in direct and instant connection with the bean counters and whatever business group of theirs runs the distribution and price of said beans.

The Build and price tool, plus the Order Guide which the dealerships use to input your order into the database, are where you have legally binding figures and every single character on those forms is thoroughly vetted. Official pricing has not been announced, Order Guides are not made yet (Example of the order guide is up for Ranger, BTW, on their forums its at this link: Ranger order form).

Having the cart before the horse at this very moment doesn't not make shady business practices or dishonesty, IMHO. Customers have never had so much information and access to future vehicles before so we're lucky to know as much as we do! This is why Ford's official stance has long been "we don't talk about future products", because no matter what you say, you're torn apart by somebody.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure there are some folks who presumed the four door base had automatic transmission and are pissed that automatic is an option.
Not Presumed. The Website showed it as 4-Door Auto. Standard. Now they(Ford) removed it. If you lookup older posts there are screenshots of it.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Total Madness:
B
2D-28500
4D-33200
--------------
Diff-4700--Why so much difference for Base? "Ford only knows" Nothing is included then why pay more.

BB
2D-33385
4D-35880
--------------
Diff-2495 - sames as BD why?

BD
2D-36050
4D-38545
---------------
Diff-2495

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, you got it. I was still searching for this one.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600284505690

Not that Great in Editing ?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Full disclosure: I'm a Federal compliance auditor by trade, specializing in internal controls and also dabble in city/state grants.

Where Ford is at in the process of bringing this product to market, it seems reasonable that the marketing team isn't in direct and instant connection with the bean counters and whatever business group of theirs runs the distribution and price of said beans.

The Build and price tool, plus the Order Guide which the dealerships use to input your order into the database, are where you have legally binding figures and every single character on those forms is thoroughly vetted. Official pricing has not been announced, Order Guides are not made yet (Example of the order guide is up for Ranger, BTW, on their forums its at this link: Ranger order form).

Having the cart before the horse at this very moment doesn't not make shady business practices or dishonesty, IMHO. Customers have never had so much information and access to future vehicles before so we're lucky to know as much as we do! This is why Ford's official stance has long been "we don't talk about future products", because no matter what you say, you're torn apart by somebody.
And that is why very early in this process I stated my opinion that (bracing for chair throwing) Ford should have just delayed the Bronco 2 and 4-Door reveal again until everything was in place and ready to go. They would have revealed and launched the Bronco Sport in its current form. We true Bronco enthusiasts would have been disappointed/angry when we found out that Ford did the same as GM and turned an offroad icon nameplate into grocery-getter turd. Ford stock dips a bit with this news, but Ford has a card up its sleeve. Random surveys go out to the public similar to the pricing surveys some of us received while Ford continues to work out kinks and specific packages/details behind the scenes. A few months down the road, the true Bronco is revealed in its perfect final form (DBZ reference) and ready to build, price, and order immediately upon reveal. I would much rather know nothing until everything is final, as we wouldn't be having these heated discussions over things that really shouldn't be issues. That's just my opinion on the best possible scenario that Ford could have used to launch the Bronco.
Sponsored