bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I remember when land rover unveiled the new defender...I lol'd and cried at the same time.

no way in hell did I ever think I was going to see a cross between the fj cruiser and honda element.

I thought for certain I was going to see one of the cool 90's classic looking defenders.

I mean..the new ford bronco looks more like the defender than the new defender...complete failboat for land rover.

yes

Ford Bronco ford nailed the look of bronco.  land rover chit the bed with the defender s-l1600

no..haha

Ford Bronco ford nailed the look of bronco.  land rover chit the bed with the defender land-rover-defender

yes

Ford Bronco ford nailed the look of bronco.  land rover chit the bed with the defender img2434-1535142179183

NO!!!!!

Ford Bronco ford nailed the look of bronco.  land rover chit the bed with the defender 20_Land_Rover_Defender_SE_D240_Automatic_2.0_Front

yes!!!!

vehicle-1-png.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
keep fightiing for that bronco black top. I will sign the petition 100 times under different names to get it
It's really such an odd decision.
They made the Orange Reveal Bronco with a matte black hard top.
Then somebody high up said "That looks great. Now, make the top ... GREY!?"
Ford Bronco ford nailed the look of bronco.  land rover chit the bed with the defender 2_DOOR_ACCESORIES_0015_C3_v1_current 1

Last edited:
OP
OP
bobby bunny time

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's really such an odd decision and I struggle with the whole absurdity.
They made the Orange Reveal Bronco with a matte black hard top.
Then somebody high up said "That looks great! Now, make the top ... GREY!?"
Ford Bronco ford nailed the look of bronco.  land rover chit the bed with the defender 2_DOOR_ACCESORIES_0015_C3_v1_current 1
there's no way around it. it ruins the look..ford has done a lot of right, but this is a big fail.

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have looked at the new Defender as well. I believe it looks much better in person than in pics. My main concern was the front view that looks weak in pics but ok in person. I do hate the cheap plastic pieces on the hood. The drive train , mechanicals and overall capabilites are nice.

I think the Bronco and Defender are both good but made for two different markets. The hard core offroader will go for the Bronco or Jeep. The daily drivers / overlanders looking for more refinement and towing capabilities (8,200 pounds) will go for Land Rover. I think the Defender is $5-$10k overpriced. I am looking forward to the the Bronco build site. If my Badlands with desired features is within $10k I will take another look at the Defender. Hopefully Bronco will put price pressure on Land Rover. Competition is good.

edit: i like the navy seats in the FE, so that is reason enough to questions my design taste. ;)

Last edited:

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think both of them look fantastic.
i've only seen the defender in person (of course) and it's a much different beast than in the pictures. it is designed very nicely. like other(s) have said, it's a different market. more luxurious type of crowd that will not but looking to modify and rock crawl but need/want the off road abilities. the defender was looking to bring back a modern look, where the bronco kept it's retro 60s look. big difference in how they were designed.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have seen the new defender in person and it is very nice. It is a luxury off-roader. I spec’d one out fully loaded and it came in at 89K. You can get it without the dorky box on the side. It is a very capable high end mall crawler. They have been delayed on getting them to dealers. I might have purchased one as a daily driver but they were not available yet. I am glad the Bronco reveal came out so strong. I am going with the Bronco.

Lee Woiteshek

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Matrix
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Defender with a Badlands/Squatch set up is going to run mid 80's. I think it's a great daily driver with the occasional off road use. The Bronco depending on the trim is a off roader that can be used as a daily driver for 20K less. Besides, there are Ford dealers in every small town in America, if you happen to break something. Break a Defender, and you'd better hope your near a city over 100K, and even then be prepared to wait weeks as your widget part comes from overseas.

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually really like the Defender 110. (and you can delete that metal panel in the window on the 110 btw). I prefer its looks over the new bronco for the most part. The main issue for me would be the cost of it. However, if getting a bronco setup the way I want comes close to the cost of the defender I want I may have a tough choice to make.

Sponsored

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Defender with a Badlands/Squatch set up is going to run mid 80's. I think it's a great daily driver with the occasional off road use. The Bronco depending on the trim is a off roader that can be used as a daily driver for 20K less. Besides, there are Ford dealers in every small town in America, if you happen to break something. Break a Defender, and you'd better hope your near a city over 100K, and even then be prepared to wait weeks as your widget part comes from overseas.
My Defender 110 SE build (6 cyl) is around $71k (before tax) and I would consider comparable to my 4dr Badlands which will probably come in over $60k (with no sasquatch). The Defender is better/nicer in some areas and the Bronco others. For my needs the Defender is a better fit but a little too pricey. I think the Bronco is great. My wife perfers the Defender.

You are right about the maintenance cost and availbility. With all the technology on trucks these days it would be hard to own, at least for me, outside of the warranty period. The Bronco will be easier and cheaper to repair with many more after market accessories. I need the lottery to come though so I can get both.

psychwarfare

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, MGB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hope to see more Defenders in the wild. I saw a silver one yesterday and it looked like a plastic toy...maybe it was the color...

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sat in a Defender at one of the auto shows back in the before days, and it felt cramped for the size. Wasn't terribly impressed inside, outside, ok, but prefer the Bronco by far.

Still need to sit in a Bronco... :D

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
keep fightiing for that bronco black top. I will sign the petition 100 times under different names to get it
I don't understand why the petition is needed, as Bronco has many options (like getting the better looking painted top). Try out their colorizer on the main page for the 2 door to see this in action.

Also, the 'matte' roof, black or gray will still fade in the sun.
You'll never guess what color it will become.... gray.

Now, there will always be aftermarket (made by Ford as well) for certain things missing on your favorite trim.
Ex. Fog Lights on the HD Modular Front Bumper do not seem unavailable at this time

So, this leaves the option of getting stuff you want on whatever trim after you purchase your new SUV.
Sponsored