Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't get what gets everyone's panties into such a tight bind on this
I turn the A/C on in April, and maybe turn it off in November. It sucks when it's 115 out and the A/C turns off because your car decided, nah, you don't need A/C while stopped at a light.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I turn the A/C on in April, and maybe turn it off in November. It sucks when it's 115 out and the A/C turns off because your car decided, nah, you don't need A/C while stopped at a light.
Interesting. Have not experienced that. I have Auto-HVAC set to 72, always, and *HAVE* been in traffic where engine kicks back on from off to (I assume) maintain A/C but I've never had A/C shut off. That's a behavior that would bother me but, like I said, never happened for me. Wonder what the difference is between yours and mine. '23 BL 2D MT High.

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Neat that this turned into a convo about 7MT issues and auto-stop.

I'm one of those who prefers to wear their brakes out instead of a clutch by being in neutral with my foot off the clutch at a light. Auto-stop is annoying, but it reminds me quickly if I forgot to push the button (if in Sport, auto-stop disables automatically). Driving sticks like this for 20 years and never had to replace a clutch or had one feel different from the day I first bought it.

I have an AB transmission built in April and have posted many times that I do hear a grumbling on a cold start, which goes away with the clutch pushed in. It does sound better once warmed up. It's not loud, it's not worrisome, it's not nearly as loud as what some have posted on YouTube - but I do hear it. We'll see what winter brings.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. Have not experienced that. I have Auto-HVAC set to 72, always, and *HAVE* been in traffic where engine kicks back on from off to (I assume) maintain A/C but I've never had A/C shut off. That's a behavior that would bother me but, like I said, never happened for me. Wonder what the difference is between yours and mine. '23 BL 2D MT High.
As far as I know, all Fords do that. It's especially egregous in my wife's F-150.

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks, LCB. I too hope that's the case. I'm certain you've more experience and knowledge on this issue than I. The two threads I looked at (one had a poll) were quite long and not at all comforting. A manual transmission. Something so basic that has been sorted out a long time ago.
Promised I'll tag you on threads... Check out the link below for the most recent scheduling notes (came out an hour ago) Seems like the pause on the 2 door heritage and heritage limited is still in effect 😞

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...14-23-for-production-weeks-10-16-10-23.81254/

Sponsored

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello fellow Bronco 6G’ers.

I ordered a ’24 2 door Heritage with a manual trans from my local dealer on August 24. The salesman said I’d get an email from Ford confirming my order. After a week of no email or dealer contact I contacted the salesman. He said his ordering manager confirmed it had been ordered. After another week of no word, I contacted the salesdude again. This time he told me Ford “kicked back” the order because it was a 2 door! Interestingly I only learned this because I contacted them. Who knows when they were ever going to tell me.(?) Salesguy even asked if I wanted to change the order to a 4 door! “ABSOLUTELY NOT”.

I have been reading the 6G news and threads here for a couple weeks and honestly am still confused how the reservation and order programs work. Is it true Ford is not accepting 2 door orders or is this dealer playing games? Since it seems the latter and I have no reservation or order, I guess I’ll just tell them I want my deposit back. Maybe go somewhere else and order.

We ran into the same situation with a local dealer - she got on the phone and heard it from her FORD rep - no orders for 2D. We kept at it and finally got an order in with an out-of-state, but known to us, dealer. Suggest trying another dealer.

OP
OP
65CarryAll

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ok, I tapped out. Getting the exact Bronco I wanted (a ’23 or ‘24 2 door Heritage with manual trans) is just too difficult. Ford paused accepting orders for these and now the UAW strike. Plus a long line of orders ahead of me, I’m sure. No one knows when a new order would be accepted, let alone built and delivered.

So, I moved to my next favored 2 door vehicle to replace my 2005 ZR2 Blazer. A Standard Cab Short Bed pickup. Even these are becoming somewhat rare as most are hideous looking 4 door super king cabs nowadays. Every year models and/or option choices are reduced for the sporty, sexy looking standard cab trucks. Glad I got this 2022 F-150 XLT when I did.

Maybe in a few years once production catches up I’ll revisit getting the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Ford Not Accepting 2 door orders? F-150 10-8-23
Ford Bronco Ford Not Accepting 2 door orders? F-150 10-8-23 #2

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ok, I tapped out. Getting the exact Bronco I wanted (a ’23 or ‘24 2 door Heritage with manual trans) is just too difficult. Ford paused accepting orders for these and now the UAW strike. Plus a long line of orders ahead of me, I’m sure. No one knows when a new order would be accepted, let alone built and delivered.

So, I moved to my next favored 2 door vehicle to replace my 2005 ZR2 Blazer. A Standard Cab Short Bed pickup. Even these are becoming somewhat rare as most are hideous looking 4 door super king cabs nowadays. Every year models and/or option choices are reduced for the sporty, sexy looking standard cab trucks. Glad I got this 2022 F-150 XLT when I did.

Maybe in a few years once production catches up I’ll revisit getting the Bronco.
Ford Bronco Ford Not Accepting 2 door orders? IMG_6002
Ford Bronco Ford Not Accepting 2 door orders? IMG_6002
Your new truck looks great! I'm a fan of the 2dr short beds. I had a 95 Lightning that I sold in 2020 when I thought I was getting a new 2dr Bronco in 21! Silly me. But I got it now and I love it.

Congratulations on your new truck. Hard to know when they will get their stuff together.
Sponsored