K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll third this. Plus even when aftermarket does start developing and rolling out products, they’ll likely be on back order to keep up with demand.

To OP: In my opinion, most aftermarket bumpers look like absolute garbage. And you’re gonna pay a good bit for a well fabricated product. I personally think Ford’s steel bumper is pretty nice and decently priced, as it also includes installation. This is all subjective though.
I will second this. The steel bumper from my truck cost me over $1400 because I didn’t go with one of the cheap thin steel ones and opted for a thick heavy duty one for off road. So depends on how heavy duty Ford one is but for a quality front bumper you will be at least $900 not installed so it depends
Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're looking at the RTT option that's nearly double from what I thought it would be. You can get one for half the price that Yakima/Ford is offering. Somewhat pleased with the pricing of the platform roof rack vs the aftermarket.

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Google "jeep bimini tops" and see what they're going for.

Chris
OMG Ford is so overpriced!!!! Going to hold on buying tops for it, Or any other DIO and just stick with the soft top on the 4 door. Ford are you listening...you are pricing your accessories way out of market range... people we must band together to show them what the market value is worth. Don’t buy that garbage!!!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@BroncoFanBoy Brandon, that Bronco grill with all the little holes is going to present a true challenge for any installer. So, I can't predict a price as I'm guessing degree of difficulty causes a price change.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$2500 for a winch and bumper add on bracket / mini cactus bar. Seems a bit high.
I can get 12000 lbs test nylon winch for $600 and just set it up for tow receiver attachment which is another $120. If you’ve never seen receiver attached winch’s for on YouTube and watch winder off road towing. Those guys are the shit and their rigs are mainly custom made.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is xpel sold as a nationwide product? Is it installed by companies like Linex or a paint shop or what?

OP
OP
BroncoFanBoy

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OMG Ford is so overpriced!!!! Going to hold on buying tops for it, Or any other DIO and just stick with the soft top on the 4 door. Ford are you listening...you are pricing your accessories way out of market range... people we must band together to show them what the market value is worth. Don’t buy that garbage!!!
Is $700 for the hardtop upgrade on 4door fair though. What is aftermarket going to cost, like $1500 of anything even comes out?

Ihatecrashing

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback 2” lift/Ducati Monster 796
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of the off road. products I got used to looking at were for 80's series Landcruisers. The only thing that looked decently priced to me is the "rock rails". Then I saw that they are a dealer installed item meaning there could be a labor charge for that.

The winch package seems overpriced and the air compressor package should be "on board air" for the price they want. Kind of makes me think that if you want to build the Bronco to a certain level, just get the basic package you like and go after market for everything, including the 'squatch. Of course, like others have mentioned, it will take a year or two and somebody will have to loan their Bronco to some shops for test fitting, but I think the aftermarket is going to jump all over this thing which is exciting!

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is $700 for the hardtop upgrade on 4door fair though. What is aftermarket going to cost, like $1500 of anything even comes out?
Personally, I think so. I think the most cost effective way of getting dual tops is get the MIC top now and then go aftermarket for a soft top later.

Chris

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would say that is fair price and a way to guarantee no leaks (or if it leaks it will be covered under warranty) so I would gladly pay that for a Ford hard top

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Personally, I think so. I think the most cost effective way of getting dual tops is get the MIC top now and then go aftermarket for a soft top later.

Chris
thats what I am doing and for the 4 door with the 2 removeable panels its a good deal. if I want to color change it, that will be easy.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sure. But there are a great variety of differences on the spectrum between the cheapest crap that will dry and flake off and Xpel. The closer it gets to the latter, the better the deal it is.

Chris
Looking for feedback from people who follow the off-road aftermarket and can advise what options to maybe avoid from ford. Ford capable bumper for 995, worth it? 300 more for brush guard ? Ford Bimini top 399-499, but aftermarket wrangler Bimini looks to be had for less than 150. Ford paint protection for front edge of hood and front fenders 295? Thx
Like others mentioned, you can do better going aftermarket. 3 thin strips on the edges for $300, there’s not much material for any protection.
Ford Bronco Ford Options to AVOID? E198DB2B-D857-4410-9B3B-11B486FF98D0

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s my input.

1. Factory Bumpers - Absolutely worth it. A lot of aftermarket bumpers have quality, and rust issues.
  2. Brush Guard - Not worth it, and it covers the beautiful Bronco script.
  3. Remote start system - If you want the inside of the Bronco to be somewhat tolerable in extreme heat/cold, this is a no brainer.
  4. Engine Block Heater - If you park your Bronco outside in extreme cold, get this option.
  5. Keyless Entry Pad - I don’t see the point of getting this option.
  6. Racks and Carriers - These seem to be reasonably priced. Get the ones you want. I am getting the four bike carrier, and the XL roof basket.
  7. Off-road recovery kits - No. Priced too high for what is included. There are much better options available.
  8. Winch - Priced way too high. You can buy a really nice winch with synthetic rope for less than $900.
  9. Air Compressor - Not worth it. You can buy a comparable one for half the price.
  10. Pod Lights - This is over priced. I am a big fan of PIAA lights. By the time I buy a pair, and the mounting brackets, the total will be $350.
  11. Light Bar - Way over priced.
  12. Portable Fridge - Unless you are camping for an extended amount of time, a good cooler is a much better option.
  13. PPF - I find them to be nearly useless. Yes, they somewhat protect the paint from damage caused by pebbles, and very small stones, but after a couple of years, you can see yellowing, scars, slight tears etc. In other words, the solution becomes worse than the problem.
Sponsored

Last edited: