Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$650 for Pod lights?!?!
I agree those Pod Lights are pricey but I know Rigid is one of the best. However, does anyone know if this accessory is installed with full wiring hookup? I actually selected the pod lights assuming that it will (I am going to verify with the dealer first). I bought some Rigid Off Road Lights to mount on my front bumper of my Jeep GC and ended up paying someone to wire them to a switch installed in my dash. I was going to do it myself but was nervous about drilling thru the firewall in a brand new car. It was a pain finding someone to do it and then paying them around $150 for labor alone. Those lights are high end so I know they are pricey. So to me if the wiring to one of those overhead switches is included, I will order for piece of mind and to have on day 1. If anyone knows for sure, I would love to know.
Sponsored

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're looking at the RTT option that's nearly double from what I thought it would be. You can get one for half the price that Yakima/Ford is offering. Somewhat pleased with the pricing of the platform roof rack vs the aftermarket.
Where is cheaper ?
The cross bars plus the RRT are basically less than retail... plus they are installed plus they are under the financing

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree but does anyone know if this accessory is installed with full wiring hookup? I actually selected this accessory assuming that it will (I am going to verify with the dealer first). I bought some Rigid Off Road Lights to mount on my front bumper of my Jeep GC and ended up paying someone to wire them to a switch installed in my dash. I was going to do it myself but was nervous about drilling thru the firewall in a brand new car. It was a pain finding someone to do it and then paying them around $150 for labor alone. Those lights are high end so I know they are pricey. So to me if the wiring to one of those overhead switches is included, I will order for piece of mind and to have on day 1. If anyone knows for sure, I would love to know.
just keep in mind if you select the aux switches there will be connection points already wired in. Its really not a difficult DIY and they way they have touted the way you can mod the rig makes securing it simple... would love to see more details on these lights. If they are a really good quality and I get on the sticker then it may.... (probably not though )....make sense
I am seeing highest quality Ridged for $400

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That PPF is not worth it. Read the description. It only covers the leading edge of the hood and fenders. I've also yet so see factory PPF in the same quality as Xpel. You're better off having it done afterwards. You'll spend a bit more but can get stuff like the grill or whatever you want done.

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is cheaper ?
The cross bars plus the RRT are basically less than retail... plus they are installed plus they are under the financing
Smittybilt has a two person RTT for under $1,000. I was initially looking at that for later down the road.
The platform rack I’ll consider if we can get it with the 2.7. If not then I’ll go through maybe Rhino Rack

Sponsored

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t want to sound like an idiot...... but it doesn’t make sense why certain things are available with things and others are not.....

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll second this. Plus even when aftermarket does start developing and rolling out products, they’ll likely be on back order to keep up with demand.

To OP: In my opinion, most aftermarket bumpers look like absolute garbage. And you’re gonna pay a good bit for a well fabricated product. I personally think Ford’s steel bumper is pretty nice and decently priced, as it also includes installation. This is all subjective though.
I will 2nd that on aftermarket bumpers. I had 2 different ones rust including an AEV front bumper (one of the top after market brands) on my prior Jeeps. So I just got the factory steel bumpers most recently and no issues.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guys, spend some time on Quadratec with JL parts. You can get a pretty damn good idea how much stuff should actually cost in the aftermarket. Steel bumpers? Around a grand for a pair of decent ones. Sun shade? A Benjamin. Lights and mounts? Winches? Wheels?

Go to the dark side and just imagine that the JL you're building is actually a Bronco. You'll see that some stuff isn't a bad deal (like the winch and mount... Not great but Ford could've easily tacked another grand on it and it would've sold) and some stuff is just a rip off (you can get the same EXACT portable fridge for $350 less online).

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the paint protection, I think it depends on what it is. If it's the self healing stuff like Xpel, that's a hell of a deal. Obviously they're going to need to provide more details on some of these things for us to make an informed decision.

Chris
Paint Protection Film

The paint protection film kit is extremely durable, virtually Invisible and helps protect the paint from day-to-day wear and tear.

• Nearly invisible high-grade polyurethane barrier adheres directly to the vehicle
• Three-piece kit covers the leading edge of the hood and front fenders
• Helps protect the vehicle’s finish from bugs and other road debris
• Helps maintain the vehicle’s resale value

Available on All Bronco Models.

Not available with Sasquatch™ package.

Leading Edge…I will pass

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who has spent thousands on parts tow package too high, winch too high,bumpers ok but proabably junk wait till aftermarket.
Get the stuff that will need a warranty lockers, gears suspension lift(Sasquatch) ?

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most of the off road. products I got used to looking at were for 80's series Landcruisers. The only thing that looked decently priced to me is the "rock rails". Then I saw that they are a dealer installed item meaning there could be a labor charge for that.
The rock rails can be added aftermarket. They are only body mounted at the factory and despite being advertised to support the weight of the vehicle. I wouldn't count on it. If they were frame mounted, then it would be possible. The body mounted rails are really only to protect the pinch welds on the rocker panels. They will provide protection from kick-back and perhaps "kissing" rocks. For the money, you can get rails from n-fab - RKR Rails

More discussion on Rock Rails - Rock Rail Discussion

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for feedback from people who follow the off-road aftermarket and can advise what options to maybe avoid from ford. Ford capable bumper for 995, worth it? 300 more for brush guard ? Ford Bimini top 399-499, but aftermarket wrangler Bimini looks to be had for less than 150. Ford paint protection for front edge of hood and front fenders 295? Thx
Anybody know the difference between the modular from bumper and this "capable" bumper?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these options also dealer installed and covered under warranty? That may be something to consider also. I think the receiver hitch is a little overpriced but it will come installed and wired for trailer lights and I will need it immediately for the bike rack I'm ordering with it. Plus I wont have to lay under it as soon as I get home and install it and wire it myself.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Smittybilt has a two person RTT for under $1,000. I was initially looking at that for later down the road.
The platform rack I’ll consider if we can get it with the 2.7. If not then I’ll go through maybe Rhino Rack
Very cool. Thanks for that. So can you message me?
whatrack would be required for the smitty ?
the platform rack or would cross bars be suffice ?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks