First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got the cover. Gave up on FPP (Ford Performance Parts), my f’ing points, and my dealer and bought a cover on-line @ full price.

Here are my observations/opinions on the cover:

1) Cosmetically, major bonus points and style points. Not too flashy, but it is there….

2). Very will made and comes with the proper bolts including the threaded studs for the brake line clips.

3) Well packaged!

4) The installation went flawlessly. Draining of the fluid with the original equipment cover was messy. How come you never have a rag handy when you need one?

5). The original fluid was clean…. 28,200 miles. The oil in the untrainable portion in the bottom of the housing was fairly black. It appeared to me that the housing was designed for a bottom drain as several ounces of gear oil remain in the low spot of the Dana housing.

6) If you want to utilize the drain in the FFP housing to its fullest extent, you will have to do some grinding. From the photos, you can see that the way the drain system is fabricated, it forms about a 3/8” damn.. At 60,000 miles, I will probably again remove the cover and grind out the drain to reduce the amount of untrainable oil.

7) The Motorcraft Synthetic Gear Oil, $$$$$$, is very light colored.

Ready to hit the back country!!!

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions IMG_3472
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions IMG_3471
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions IMG_3469
Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions IMG_3470
Sponsored

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No grinding, just risk your life and park it on a hill, lol. I may just bulb siphon/suck that tiny bit out when the time comes.

Also, all the cool kids are painting our covers. :wink: 😁
At 73 YO, I’m past the cook kids stage..

Hmmm, I do have a Badlands Graphic on my hood however (strictly functional….. right?). I can’t do yellow or red differential covers however, too flashy for me..

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Finally got the cover. Gave up on FPP (Ford Performance Parts), my f’ing points, and my dealer and bought a cover on-line @ full price.

Here are my observations/opinions on the cover:

1) Cosmetically, major bonus points and style points. Not too flashy, but it is there….

2). Very will made and comes with the proper bolts including the threaded studs for the brake line clips.

3) Well packaged!

4) The installation went flawlessly. Draining of the fluid with the original equipment cover was messy. How come you never have a rag handy when you need one?

5). The original fluid was clean…. 28,200 miles. The oil in the untrainable portion in the bottom of the housing was fairly black. It appeared to me that the housing was designed for a bottom drain as several ounces of gear oil remain in the low spot of the Dana housing.

6) If you want to utilize the drain in the FFP housing to its fullest extent, you will have to do some grinding. From the photos, you can see that the way the drain system is fabricated, it forms about a 3/8” damn.. At 60,000 miles, I will probably again remove the cover and grind out the drain to reduce the amount of untrainable oil.

7) The Motorcraft Synthetic Gear Oil, $$$$$$, is very light colored.

Ready to hit the back country!!!

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Rear Differential Cover Installed Impressions IMG_3470
Agree. Did the cover when I did all fluids and not only does it look great it, it has a drain plug which is quick and easy.

20240414_161749.jpg

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The additional bonus is the Magnet on the drain plug.... the exact same reservoir that the cover has... is in the diff housing as well. Even on a down hill slope with the cover removed the housing has a small rectangular recess on the bottom that seems to hold a couple of ozs as well. I used a rag to wipe out the bottom and found the depth.....

But yea... Nice cover. Had mine on for about a week.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice! I did Valvoline 75W-140 instead of the motorcraft stuff, mostly because of cost. But the axle manufacturer Dana does actually recommend 75W-140, so that's a plus I guess. Caught a glimpse of my cover the other day walking back to my car and thought, damn that's cool!

Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So aside from the advantage of the magnet drain plug, does this cover add any diff fluid capacity?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love that cover. It's on the to-do list.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No grinding, just risk your life and park it on a hill, lol. I may just bulb siphon/suck that tiny bit out when the time comes.

Also, all the cool kids are painting our covers. :wink: 😁
I drain mine on an 11% grade (driveway). I have truck chocks, not the cheap plastic ones but real ones that are rubber and used for Class 7-8 trucks. They meet the requirements for my industry and have been tested by NFPA, USFS, BLM, etc.......

One morning I was going salmon fishing and forgot that i placed them in front of the boat trailer tires. Thing would not move and at first thought the trailer brakes were frozen. My 3/4 diesel should have dragged it out even so but it would not budge. About to put the truck in 4 low when it dawned on me........Ooooops.