Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a nightmare last night that I caught covid, was on a ventilator, and my wife had no idea which Bronco to order when the time came... I know its silly, but I still want to lock in my choices before December rolls around. Not to mention most dealers won't discuss pricing until B&P is released and as far as I know that still has a hard stop for switches.
Sponsored

AbsoluteFord

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-150, Honda Clarity
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they have definitely generated a lot of buzz. However I do think that they have missed the ball with lack of communication. I mean before I joined this forum, I had no idea what was going on half the time. And I’ve went from checking to see if build and price is up everyday, to like once a week. I see a lot of people mentioning the fact that this forum is filled with enthusiasts, which is true. However I’d argue that without this forum, the amount of information that I would have learned would be zero. All the videos I’ve watched came from here, measuring cargo space, how seats fold etc. I’ve learned more here than from Ford and that’s concerning.

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Admit it or not, it's nearly impossible to keep a buzz going for almost a year.
The iconic heritage, engineers, and design team have kept the buzz going for decades.

You really don’t even need a “marketing manager” to make this a success.

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
They probably should have waited another few months to launch.
You think making the “2020 Bronco” into the “2022 Bronco” would quell the comments about delay after delay?

Weird.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think we’re at the point where it’s more than reasonable to assume ordering won’t be happening in December.
Totally disagree. Care to make a wager?

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You think making the “2020 Bronco” into the “2022 Bronco” would quell the comments about delay after delay?

Weird.
Read the entire post. I believe they were throwing out some timelines when pressed to do so. It is a perceived delay. Yes, pushing the launch resulting in a condensed timeline would have been better.

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Read the entire post. I believe they were throwing out some timelines when pressed to do so. It is a perceived delay. Yes, pushing the launch resulting in a condensed timeline would have been better.
Are you aware that this was initially billed as the 2020 Bronco?

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal. I've been trying to decide whether they're incompetent or just mistaken in their efforts. I mean, the Bronco has been absent for over 20 years. I guess I can understand that Ford underestimated the demand (although I really think that's incompetence in itself). So they reveal the Bronco to great fanfare. Then...nothing. All we get from an information standpoint is Mike Levine's vague tweets. I'll keep my opinion on that guy's performance to myself. But if you're Ford, you clearly have a huge population of people clamoring for the Bronco. They want details. They want specifics. They want prices. You continue to miss self-imposed deadlines (spare me with the "by September" includes September BS). The question is whether Ford is stringing people along because they believe it keeps us interested or they are just incompetent. I think that once you realize there is a demand for your product that far exceeds your expectations a strategy of stringing people along to keep them interested is unlikely. Thus, I think Ford's marketing efforts and the lack of information is a result is sheer incompetence. Maybe they need a few more "rock stars" running the show. The new design of the Bronco is spot on. However, Ford's execution of the product launch is abysmal. Just my opinion. Some people will say roll with the punches. Enjoy the ride. I get that. But when I look at it from a business perspective, Ford gets a failing grade. People say Ford really needs this launch to go well and maybe it will from a sales standpoint. But in my opinion, Mike Levine and his "rock star" marketing team is detrimental the Ford's launch efforts.
I agree with what you so eloquently said. Ford seems to be doing a much better job with the Bronco Sport roll out which few folks care about. Ok they got many of us to consider it out of boredom. Now we are just more pissed and woundering why they did not introduce them in reverse order!

Tlarkinjeri

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mariner, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand delays and changes but this has been handled without grace or humility by Ford. They have shown zero gratitude for the customer and choose to use our loyalty and enthusiasm as a way to dial in exactly how high to price.
They seem all over the place with what they are offering:
A low powered wannabe made south of the border?
An affordable hardcore true SUV ?
A 50+k luxury SUV toy?
They are getting rid of 1400 managerial jobs in the US and I feel like all the stress of the lack of getting the project together will land on manufacturing.
Also, Ford now makes fewer models in the US than Honda (not related to the Bronco project but another sign of who Ford is now).
I have delayed making my Bronco purchase until 2023 and am now looking at other vehicles in the meantime.
That's what Ford marketing or otherwise has done.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Most people are impatient and it seems there are plenty of those people are on this forum.

if you think Ford marketing has failed Then why would you want to support ford with your hard earned money? Just cancel your reservation so the patient peeps here can move up in line.

But wait! You can’t cancel your reservation because marketing did a great job proven by the fact that you took the bait.

Endless threads about why ford failed because you can’t contain your excitement to have the bronco sitting in your garage now.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
lol. Ask yourself this question. In the last 10 years how many manufacturers have made more new cars, exciting cars Than ford?

here’s a small list in the last 10 years from ford: ford GT, gen1 and gen2 raptor, focus rs, gt350 and gt350r, gt500 and with the gen3 raptor and bronco and their electric right around the corner.

Based on your post I assume you will look to create more reasons why ford has failed over the next 2 years and conclude that you need a honda. Just do it and buy a Honda.

I understand delays and changes but this has been handled without grace or humility by Ford. They have shown zero gratitude for the customer and choose to use our loyalty and enthusiasm as a way to dial in exactly how high to price.
They seem all over the place with what they are offering:
A low powered wannabe made south of the border?
An affordable hardcore true SUV ?
A 50+k luxury SUV toy?
They are getting rid of 1400 managerial jobs in the US and I feel like all the stress of the lack of getting the project together will land on manufacturing.
Also, Ford now makes fewer models in the US than Honda (not related to the Bronco project but another sign of who Ford is now).
I have delayed making my Bronco purchase until 2023 and am now looking at other vehicles in the meantime.
That's what Ford marketing or otherwise has done.