First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Today I upgraded the dash and rear speakers with the Kicker 4" and 300hz blockers. It sounded a little better but not a whole lot. I then did the suggested Forscan changes to flatten the EQ and send full range to the rear speakers but I'm not getting the expected results. I've tried a few different settings and to me they either sound the same or worse.

I've tried the suggestions from:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/forscan-rear-speaker-eq-findings.54999/

and

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...sured-flat-front-rear-forscan-settings.50301/

Has anyone had success with these audio changes on a 2023 with the base audio sound system? We already know that the Forscan start/stop disable doesn't work on 23 models like it does for 21 and 22 and I've seen posts where people previously had to use beta versions of Forscan to even connect to a 2023. Is it possible there were changes in the ACM module as well?

Right now the suggested change for disabling the EQ is to change 727-01-02 from 0901 000D 0048 to 0900 000D 0048 but I'm not hearing any difference and as some others have noticed it removes the occupancy mode menu. Since this setting is being removed there's obviously something happening here beyond the EQ.

As for the rear speakers. I've tried changing 727-01-01 from 382B 14F1 0098 to 382B 28F1 0098 but I cant say I hear a difference, I might have to try removing the blockers to see if it's in fact sending full range. I also tried the 3900 and 3901 as some others have had success with but those made the front speakers sound worse to me.

As a side note Forscan also throws an "Incorrect checksum of data entered" warning when using any of these values, I'm not sure if that's normal or not for updating the as built configs. I know I didn't get them when I disabled the double honk and enabled global window close.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out this thread if you want the values:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-forscan-audio-speaker-mods.71145/

The two threads you were looking at DO indeed have the correct values if you dig into the threads, but the first few posts were people guessing and doing a bunch of trail-and-error. Some of the values they guessed are correct, some are not. If you want the full range to the rear 4" pods, you just have to disable the EQ setting.

However... I'm a bit confused what you are trying to accomplish. The factory EQ setting adds a 300hz high-pass filter to the rear pod speakers. You disabled the software 300hz high-pass filter, and then added a 300hz high-pass filter in the form of a bass blocker. So... in effect you did nothing.

So I guess the question is, what are you trying to accomplish? What were the results you were expecting?

---

Also, the occupancy mode is part of the EQ profile. So by disabling the EQ setting you've also disabled it's ability to select different occupancy modes.

OP
OP
JHenley01

JHenley01

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Check out this thread if you want the values:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-to-forscan-audio-speaker-mods.71145/

The two threads you were looking at DO indeed have the correct values if you dig into the threads, but the first few posts were people guessing and doing a bunch of trail-and-error. Some of the values they guessed are correct, some are not. If you want the full range to the rear 4" pods, you just have to disable the EQ setting.

However... I'm a bit confused what you are trying to accomplish. The factory EQ setting adds a 300hz high-pass filter to the rear pod speakers. You disabled the software 300hz high-pass filter, and then added a 300hz high-pass filter in the form of a bass blocker. So... in effect you did nothing.

So I guess the question is, what are you trying to accomplish? What were the results you were expecting?

---

Also, the occupancy mode is part of the EQ profile. So by disabling the EQ setting you've also disabled it's ability to select different occupancy modes.

Thank you for the info!

So if the factory EQ is only a pass filter to the rear that would make sense, I was thinking it was something Ford had applied to the front as well to try and compensate for the crappy factory speakers.

I wasn't sure what the factory cutoff to the rear was so if it also 300hz that makes sense as well.

Basically I did the speaker swap as a stage 1 to see if I would be happy with that or if I wanted to go further with a Kicker Key and possibly a sub. Wanted to make sure I was indeed getting a flat EQ as a baseline before I spend the extra money. I was hoping swapping the speakers would make a bigger difference than it did.

Great job with the videos! I've watched several of them and they have been very detailed and helpful.

FlyTheCourse

Badlands
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any time you get "Incorrect checksum of data entered" this is a read/write error. Step 1. Try without using an existing profile. Select “No” when it asks to use existing profiles. All this does is take a few minutes to re-read all the settings. If this does not work. Step 2. Try a older versions of forscan. I have found new versions do not always carry fixes. Step 3. Contact Forscan support, great folks that are there to learn and solve problems with you. Do not forget to pay the few bucks for the membership, it’s worth it! Free is great but get your money’s worth is better.
Also do not forget to call your mother tomorrow.😎🤘🏼

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the checksums were normal. It basically tells you if you changed a value this is expected. The check sum is letting you know a line doesn't match which should be the case when you've actually changed something. The next time you load, I thought the checks some value updates.
Sponsored