First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whew!!! ;) I was worried for a moment that installing keyless entry might have been later used to deny my warranty should my engine shit a valve!

Can you imagine if programming the homelink or saving a radio preset voided your warranty because it wasn't set to a factory value?!?
I'm late to this thread for sure. But unless any of the "void your warranty" folks have actually been denied service/warranty work...well, you know the old saying about opinions. I have been down this road with 2 diesels over "plug and play" tuners. One of the tuners ABSOLUTELY changed the calibration of fuel and air. The other one didn't do ANYTHING, except monitor PIDS that weren't on the dash! Also, went to war with GM over defeating the AFM on a Surburban...it still killed two lifters and they said NOT allowing it to shut down lifters is what killed them! I was only about 1200 miles from being out of warranty and finally just gave up. Bought a $600 AFM delete kit off Amazon and then had it completely re-tuned. Completely different Burb after that! I didn't even want to get rid of it. That dang thing has 230K on it and has been through two of my friends, at this point. But yeah...don't really see just turning something on, that already exist...to ever become an issue.
Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are you talking about?!?

IMG_20220413_184145.jpg

How sure are you about that again???

Some people just look really ignorant when they run their mouths talking shit.
What do you attribute your MPG to? Light foot regardless of the mode, early shifting (shifting assuming you have a manual), highway driving for long distances,.....?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you attribute your MPG to? Light foot regardless of the mode, early shifting (shifting assuming you have a manual), highway driving for long distances,.....?
I do not have a light foot.

It's a 2.7 automatic in sport mode highway driving at average speeds of over 70 mph (including all stops, traffic jams, road construction, etc).

What I can say for certain is that the two biggest factors have been running light wheels/tires and the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust. My mileage with the Milestar Patagonia M/T's on the RTR Tech 6 rims with the stock exhaust is 3-4 mpg less (if not lower mpg).

I want to reiterate, I am not making any special efforts to improve my mileage, I just drive the way I want... When I pass people, it's hammer down; otherwise, I let the ACC do the pedal management.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do not have a light foot.

It's a 2.7 automatic in sport mode highway driving at average speeds of over 70 mph (including all stops, traffic jams, road construction, etc).

What I can say for certain is that the two biggest factors have been running light wheels/tires and the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust. My mileage with the Milestar Patagonia M/T's on the RTR Tech 6 rims with the stock exhaust is 3-4 mpg less (if not lower mpg).

I want to reiterate, I am not making any special efforts to improve my mileage, I just drive the way I want... When I pass people, it's hammer down; otherwise, I let the ACC do the pedal management.
Those wheels and exhaust are indeed the major factors.

I just tested 20miles of flat highway in sport mode and averaged 20.6 mpg. That's no stopping; just cruising at 75mph. Otherwise, I'm getting, AT BEST, 17.5 mpg with my basesquatch (2.7 auto) in NORMAL mode during my normal commute of 50miles/day (40 being highway, 10 being city stop and go).

Then again, I didn't buy this thing for MPG. I'm plenty happy with 10mpg when wheelin' it.

bdezmo

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those wheels and exhaust are indeed the major factors.

I just tested 20miles of flat highway in sport mode and averaged 20.6 mpg. That's no stopping; just cruising at 75mph. Otherwise, I'm getting, AT BEST, 17.5 mpg with my basesquatch (2.7 auto) in NORMAL mode during my normal commute of 50miles/day (40 being highway, 10 being city stop and go).

Then again, I didn't buy this thing for MPG. I'm plenty happy with 10mpg when wheelin' it.
Strange thing...we are road tripping right now in our 2DR Badland w/2.7 auto. When heading north out of the hill country of Texas, couldn't get but 16-18mpg...until we starting getting into some altitude! Once we made it to about Clovis, NM. The rest of the way into Utah, we have been averaging 19-20 (+). Shoot, one fill up, the "tank range" was 362 miles! I almost fell out. Guess it just likes altitude.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put my M/T's and factory exhaust back on, mileage dropped right back to 18 MPG. LOL. No where near the 22.5-23.5 MPG in the other configuration.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear it’s still working. 2022 model year?

A shame Forscan unlocks came to a screeching halt after Ford nuked the engineer that showed us this gold.
Do you mean that Forscan unlocks no longer work, or that no new ones will be coming out? I am considering switching my Badlands to an Outerbanks, but only if I can add Baja mode.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you mean that Forscan unlocks no longer work, or that no new ones will be coming out? I am considering switching my Badlands to an Outerbanks, but only if I can add Baja mode.
Honestly, you will hardly ever have a reason to use Baja mode - It's that extreme. Don't let that be the hill you die on. However, as far as I know it still works to unlock all the modes.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, you will hardly ever have a reason to use Baja mode - It's that extreme. Don't let that be the hill you die on. However, as far as I know it still works to unlock all the modes.
I appreciate the honest feedback. I do tend to fixate on things like this.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I meant that no new stuff has come out. All the existing stuff works as far as I can tell. I would much rather have sport over Baja. That was why I wanted it on my Badlands. I thought Baja in 2WD would be a good comprimise. But it's not streetable. Haven't used it except for the fact it shows front camera while you're driving. Sport > Baja for street driving.

Sponsored

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did not go through all the posts ,I have a base sasquatch manual and it has sport mode from the factory is that new?

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did not go through all the posts ,I have a base sasquatch manual and it has sport mode from the factory is that new?
First edition and Badlands were the only 2021 models without Sport mode. Not sure about everglades/heritage/etc new models.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 non-SAS, no ADV 4X4, OBX. Will adding rock crawl and/or Baja have any benefits for my build, or more importantly, any ill effects for it?

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ii lOve sport mode on my BL. Also, I’m not going to say anything anymore that upsets peoples sensitivities. I received a demerit recently and for that I am ashamed.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2022 non-SAS, no ADV 4X4, OBX. Will adding rock crawl and/or Baja have any benefits for my build, or more importantly, any ill effects for it?
Maybe...

It's hard to say since the modes are essentially black boxes. I would assume that there would be no known ill-effects from enabling them all.

Baja, while not useful in general, might be helpful in some situations because it pretty much acts like anti-lag, and I could see in some very low traction situations (e.g. Deep Snow/Sand) where keeping RPM high and boost on tap could be very useful to maintain momentum.

Rock Crawl may (and I am unsure) cause modification to the traction control which could improve your ability to crawl without lockers, or it may even disable traction control assuming that front and rear lockers are going to be used.

Without deeper understanding of these GOAT boxes, it is hard to say what benefit or detriments are associated with any specific mode. It is unlikely that an unsupported GOAT mode would lead to any detrimental impact to any Bronco.
Sponsored