First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I firmly believe these dealers will all at some point be forced to refund ADMs to customers with an agreed price beforehand. At some point a good legal time will file some sort of class action suit against ford.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whether or not a legally enforceable contract exists has no bearing on the main point here:

A dealer who agrees to a price and then tries to hike it upon delivery is a dishonest sleazeball who deserves to get publicly roasted for their shameful business practices.
Read the original post, he did not have an agreed upon price. Claim he was all worried about ADM and asked about it many times, the dealer told him they would discuss pricing when it came in. While a dick move on the dealer's part, the OP claims to have been very concerned and aware of the possibility of ADM, but there is no mention of trying to move the order or pushing to get a price in advance. Even with the warning signs, he decided to roll the dice. Again, dealer is a shitbird, but they never actually lied to him.

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I handpicked Fremont Ford after a few excellent service department experiences there. my order was placed on 3/19/2021 with Michael pollum (prev GM?) after never receiving an update about turning reservation into a order I took matters into my own hand and contacted them. Once He received it, never heard back from Fremont Ford again only updates I received were from FordMoCo themselves. I would regularly call to ask about pricing once I heard about rumored ADM, would constantly receive ā€œnothing to worry about, youā€™re vehicle needs to arrive firstā€. I even called in to update my order and add tow package, was not notified about ADM then either. Bronco arrived 12/24 the day I left town for a couple days for holiday, FINALLY they initiated contact with Robert the salesguy, he even sent me some pictures. NOTE. He excluded the aftermarket price in the pictures, have pics with proof. When I arrived 12/28 to purchase we went on a quick test drive for about 3 mins then they said they werenā€™t going to let it go for anything under 66k (15K ADM, MSRP IS 51K), they also noted that I was lucky they didnā€™t sell it while I was gone, we allegedly have 24 hours to purchase. Got them to lower it to 8K over MSRP but still way too much. Sat outside while I contacted Mike Levine, and ABBAS ā€œsales managerā€ came outside came to offer water and then told me at this time the GM wouldnā€™t ever sell it to me anymore because I wonā€™t agree to the price. Still currently sitting at the dealer. Nuke Fremont Ford (Fremont CA)

Update: while I sat outside the sales manager came up and said they would never do business with me again (because I contacted this forum and Mike Levine) and handed me my refund for my deposit.

Attn. ROBERT ā€œSALESā€, ABBAS ā€œSALES MANAGERā€ & TOO BUSY FOR YOU ā€œGMā€

FREMONT FORD
39700 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
United States

They couldnā€™t handle the truth anymore, so they started removing the bad google reviews

F160A0CB-B9E0-4667-8B7E-687975830591.jpeg

5FD35B07-EC98-4AD9-A410-AB4FC506C682.jpeg

CA773936-2A20-4D85-BC5D-04C476F2AA33.jpeg

Sponsored

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didnā€™t realize you needed a contract agreement to not be a douche to your customers. Iā€™m the reason they have the bronco in the first place
Like you my reservation was pretty early and the site wasn't even completed, we just hung in there with ford till they could deliver and had we had know we would need a "vehicle prenuptial agreement" we would have done.

Aerie79

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read the original post, he did not have an agreed upon price. Claim he was all worried about ADM and asked about it many times, the dealer told him they would discuss pricing when it came in. While a dick move on the dealer's part, the OP claims to have been very concerned and aware of the possibility of ADM, but there is no mention of trying to move the order or pushing to get a price in advance. Even with the warning signs, he decided to roll the dice. Again, dealer is a shitbird, but they never actually lied to him.
Yes, it is possible that he set himself up to fail, however, there can be no excuse for this business practice on ordered vehicles....."dick move" describes it pretty well. I'm just not buying it that Ford in any way, shape or form really condones this. It's time for big blue to throw their weight at this....it ultimately blows back on the manufacturer......

77Highboy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Jags, 2 Jeeps, Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree with youā€¦.I say they DID lie to himā€¦ assuming a reasonable definition of ā€œlieā€ includes willfully hiding intent. The ONLY WAY they have that unit to sell is because HE reserved it and for a price assumed to be MSRPā€¦.that is a completely reasonable assumption on his part. Had the dealer been up front and said ā€œhey by the way, your price will NOT be MSRP but instead whatever we think the market will pay when YOUR order is deliveredā€, THAT would be a different story. No way they would have done that because he would have simply moved his reservation to a professional dealer. The fact that they didnā€™t disclose their intent up front is just the sleaze bag pushing the limits until caught.

fuhrius

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Mustang, Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're in the Bay Area, I highly recommend The Ford Store MORGAN HILL. No ADM's on anything for anyone.

ceffylcoch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What ever happened to the list of dealerships that Ford came out of dealers who would sell at MSRP? I know I picked the dealership I did specifically based upon that. Wouldnā€™t it be a breach of contract if one of those dealerships tried an ADM?

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I firmly believe these dealers will all at some point be forced to refund ADMs to customers with an agreed price beforehand. At some point a good legal time will file some sort of class action suit against ford.
Right? Where is Saul Goodman when you need him? Anyways hope a competent trial lawyer/s takes these cases of ADM surprises on reservation holders. These dealerships should disclose the m at ordering, not at delivery.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not blaming the OP because this is such bullshit. But we gotta be more proactive and read the reviews, etc prior to this shit. Like if the OP saw this 4 months ago, could have switch to a better dealer. Especially if no prior history with said dealer.

I mean, just reading all this about the dealer, they are a bunch of assholes and have been assholes for years.
ā€œIā€™m not blaming the OPā€ā€¦ then proceeds to blame the OP for not reading reviews on the dealer and for not switching dealers. SmhšŸ˜‚

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€œIā€™m not blaming the OPā€ā€¦ then proceeds to blame the OP for not reading reviews on the dealer and for not switching dealers. SmhšŸ˜‚
I'm not blaming him for doing this to an asshole dealer. Nobody deserves what Fremont is doing, even if it was you... šŸ˜œ

But the lack of research? Maybe he should have done a quick 20 second Google search... Evidence is all over the place.

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not blaming him for doing this to an asshole dealer. Nobody deserves what Fremont is doing, even if it was you... šŸ˜œ

But the lack of research? Maybe he should have done a quick 20 second Google search... Evidence is all over the place.
Donā€™t kick the OP while heā€™s down. He mentioned having good experiences with the service dept which led him to place an order with this dealer. Iā€™m sure weā€™d all do things differently in hindsight, but itā€™s too late to go back now. Being told what shouldā€™ve been done isnā€™t helping, sometimes ppl just need a shoulder, an ear or some help from the B6G crew to let these shady dealers know we see their BS.
Sponsored