Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly! Ford even stated to have a signed purchase agreement when ordering, yet we see this over and over again.

I don't understand why anyone would not want to have a signed purchase agreement when ordering. A signed purchase agreement eliminates the stress and drama for all buyers.

The process I went through: I shopped around for dealers for the best price before I made a reservation. The dealer with the best price (Invoice w/no dealer fees) got my reservation. I have a signed purchase agreement and zero stress.

I personally think, and maybe I'm simplifying it, the biggest issue is that folks can misinterpret an order agreement (e.g. a priced DORA - Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) from a purchase agreement. The dealers seem to literally be banking on this to happen - they will play games like "well we need a VIN to create a purchase agreement, blah blah blah."

It's crappy and unethical for those dealers to not walk their customers through the entire process in the hopes that confusion will arise and they can screw customers out of their orders that they would logically think are theirs at the ordered price.
There is misinterpretation and many if not most aren't knowledgeable enough to know the vulnerability with a reservation/order. I am quite an experienced in dealing with new car dealers, but till now that was always with cars in stock on the lot, not an order. So I was completely unaware or what was normal and what I was given showing a price wasn't an agreed upon price. I was far too reliant on what the dealer told me.

To this day that dealer will not write a sales agreement claiming there is no way without a VIN. I did eventually, after 9 months, get a signed (by both of us) pricing sheet. That isn't completely comforting, but it is something more than I had and even getting that ADM reared its ugly head with the salesman saying it really should be on that after many times telling me that it would be MSRP.
Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck with this OP. I am sorry to hear this horror story happened to you too.

I also recommend contacting @Gloff, Serramonte Ford.

I moved my reservation from Fremont Ford to Serramonte Ford because I had a bad feeling when x-plan got canned.

When I reserved, I lived 1.5 miles from the dealership and I could not get anyone at Fremont to return emails other than the original reservation confirmation. They did not have much Bronco knowledge other than taking reservations and placing orders.

Gloff supports his orders well and this forum. He answers emails in good time and will speak what he knows. Contact him to see what options he may have. He is a good person to work with.

OP
OP

94becerra

Big Bend
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is unbelievable that this shit happens. The original post wasn't all that clear, as others have suggested maybe the OP should update / clarify, so I will pose as a question: is this what happened??

1) 94Becerra made a reservation with Ford Motor Company which cost him $100 (he's the reservation holder).
2) His reservation was assigned (by Ford) to Fremont Ford of Newark, CA.
3) His res was converted to an order 3/19 (of 2021?).
4) His expectation was that on delivery he would pay MSRP (based on anything stated or in writing from dealership?).

So in this case, and unfortunately many others, is this what is happening?

1) Fremont Ford of Newark, CA (and others as noted on B6G) used his reservation as a way to essentially get a Bronco early which they could mark up and sell as their own, ignoring the customer's reservation?
2) In other words, Fremont Ford of Newark, CA gamed the Ford Motor Co Bronco Reservation System as a means to jump ahead of Dealer Stock orders??!!!

Contract or not, whether in a court of law, or in the court of public opinion, how can this be anything other than a blatant case of bait and switch?

Assuming all true, then Fremont Ford of Newark, CA and their ilk should be blacklisted, hands down, no question, full stop.

BUT, its really astounding that Ford Motor Company allows this practice to persist. The reservation system was a marketing tool designed and implemented by Ford Motor Company, not by the dealers, as a means to generate interest and draw in customers. Despite all the negative feedback, the system actually works, as evidenced by the fact that as far as Ford Motor Company is concerned, reservation holders still take priority over dealer stock orders. BUT, instead of the system putting specific customer builds in the hands of the customers who made the reservation then converted to order as designed / as intended, instead are they in fact turning a blind eye to these practices?? Almost makes them an accomplice and enabler of these greed - driven dealers, and in any case, reflects badly on them as an otherwise respected manufacturer.

I remember the last guy that made a post like this that specifically said to dump a ton of negative reviews was threatened with a lawsuit. Good luck.
Yes, I handpicked Fremont Ford after a few excellent service department experiences there. my order was placed on 3/19/2021 with Michael pollum (prev GM?) after never receiving an update about turning reservation into a order I took matters into my own hand. Once He received it, never heard back from Fremont Ford again. I would regularly call to ask about pricing once I heard about rumored ADM, would constantly receive “nothing to worry about, you’re vehicle needs to arrive first”. I even called in to update my order and add tow package, was not notified about ADM

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is accurate as to when you have a valid contract; however, this isn't true in this particular circumstance.

The $100 deposit is not consideration for the ultimate sale, and when you place an order there is no meeting of the minds or an agreement between the parties. Additionally, the Statute of Frauds would likely make these agreements unenforceable, unless in writing, in a lot of jurisdictions.
I’m not an attorney but the person who originally posted that is.

No matter, it’s pathetic that we have to cover our asses with counter signed purchase agreements to buy a car.

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I copied this from another post…
“Many seem to think you need a contract signed by both parties but an Attorney posted in another thread “you do NOT need a signed purchase order to have an enforceable contract. For a non real estate contract you need an offer, acceptance and consideration (deposit suffices).”

I think you can put the pressure on them and get this markup removed.
One of the resident lawyers here, (Ive even passed the CA bar, but haven't bothered to get licensed there yet, ha). I haven't read this whole thread, but this is generally correct. A contract can be formed with an offer, acceptance, and some consideration. Even if you don't have anything signed by the dealer, anything else could be useful....like even an email from the dealer about the price around the time you placed the order, anything indicating the price would be MSRP. Unfortunately, as I said on another thread, it might actually take filing a lawsuit for breach of contract and/or specific performance and getting an injunction on the dealer from selling that vehicle (and disclaimer, I have NO IDEA how to go about that in CA), but doing that might make the dealership realize it'll cost more than the ADM to defend it ,and they'll relent.

and edited to add, regarding a comment above:

Very possible CA has a law that requires auto-sales to be in writing (statute of frauds), but, again, a written email might be enough to at least get you to file a legit lawsuit.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see this on top of Yelps page.

"This business is being monitored by Yelp's Support team for content related to media reports."

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not an attorney but the person who originally posted that is.

No matter, it’s pathetic that we have to cover our asses with counter signed purchase agreements to buy a car.
I am an attorney also, and maybe what they stated is accurate in the country or state they live in. It is not accurate in my location.

I agree. I think it's a terrible business model. If I were a manufacturer, I'd do whatever I could to eliminate that type of behavior. Unfortunately, Ford does not feel that way. Regardless of what they say, they really do not care much about the end purchaser of their products. We're just numbers, statistics, and profits to them.

Sure, they make grandiose displays of "caring" at times, but it's just for appearances.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am an attorney also, and maybe what they stated is accurate in the country or state they live in. It is not accurate in my location.

I agree. I think it's a terrible business model. If I were a manufacturer, I'd do whatever I could to eliminate that type of behavior. Unfortunately, Ford does not feel that way. Regardless of what they say, they really do not care much about the end purchaser of their products. We're just numbers, statistics, and profits to them.

Sure, they make grandiose displays of "caring" at times, but it's just for appearances.
I believe Tesla has somewhat of a solution having no franchised dealerships, you buy direct. Imagine buying your Bronco on Amazon with Prime and it’s in your driveway the next day ! Ive bought a lot of new cars and it’s always a PITA dealing with dealerships and nothing else I buy is like that. It’s such a uniquely fukd up buying experience.

I When I picked up my current STi(not on order) I walked out of a few dealerships for either NOT telling me a price on the car, lowballing me severely on trade or having $3-$5k ADM. It took forever to find the right deal and not get ripped off and I consider myself a knowledgeable buyer. So many people just walk into these places and hand over their hard earned money to scammers basically.

Sponsored

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe Tesla has somewhat of a solution having no franchised dealerships, you buy direct. Imagine buying your Bronco on Amazon with Prime and it’s in your driveway the next day ! Ive bought a lot of new cars and it’s always a PITA dealing with dealerships and nothing else I buy is like that. It’s such a uniquely fukd up buying experience.

I When I picked up my current STi(not on order) I walked out of a few dealerships for either NOT telling me a price on the car, lowballing me severely on trade or having $3-$5k ADM. It took forever to find the right deal and not get ripped off and I consider myself a knowledgeable buyer. So many people just walk into these places and hand over their hard earned money to scammers basically.
Very true. Buying a new car is such a shitty experience. Dealerships are terrible. There are exceptions. Some of the dealers on here seem to be truly great businesses to work with l. Others like the one in this thread need to go out of business.

Aerie79

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you have a signed price agreement (not the WBDO print out, but an actual price agreement)? Otherwise, this one is unfortunately on you.

Dealer is still sleazy.......
Bullshit it's on "him".....there is no way to excuse a dealership accepting a special order and seeing that order built to spec with no mention of ADM until the SPECIAL ORDER arrives at the dealer...

It's time we (and Ford) hold these guys accountable -- this is not acceptable business practice no matter how much legal psychobabble is spouted.....

IL GATOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yelp has stopped accepting reviews....left a negative Facebook review.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, I handpicked Fremont Ford after a few excellent service department experiences there. my order was placed on 3/19/2021 with Michael pollum (prev GM?) after never receiving an update about turning reservation into a order I took matters into my own hand and contacted them. Once He received it, never heard back from Fremont Ford again only updates I received were from FordMoCo themselves. I would regularly call to ask about pricing once I heard about rumored ADM, would constantly receive “nothing to worry about, you’re vehicle needs to arrive first”. I even called in to update my order and add tow package, was not notified about ADM then either. Bronco arrived 12/24 the day I left town for a couple days for holiday, FINALLY they initiated contact with Robert the salesguy, he even sent me some pictures. NOTE. He excluded the aftermarket price in the pictures, have pics with proof. When I arrived 12/28 to purchase we went on a quick test drive for about 3 mins then they said they weren’t going to let it go for anything under 66k (15K ADM, MSRP IS 51K), they also noted that I was lucky they didn’t sell it while I was gone, we allegedly have 24 hours to purchase. Got them to lower it to 8K over MSRP but still way too much. Sat outside while I contacted Mike Levine, and ABBAS “sales manager” came outside came to offer water and then told me at this time the GM wouldn’t ever sell it to me anymore because I won’t agree to the price. Still currently sitting at the dealer. Nuke Fremont Ford (Fremont CA)

Update: while I sat outside the sales manager came up and said they would never do business with me again (because I contacted this forum and Mike Levine) and handed me my refund for my deposit.

Attn. ROBERT “SALES”, ABBAS “SALES MANAGER” & TOO BUSY FOR YOU “GM”

FREMONT FORD
39700 Balentine Dr
Newark, CA 94560
United States

F160A0CB-B9E0-4667-8B7E-687975830591.jpeg

5FD35B07-EC98-4AD9-A410-AB4FC506C682.jpeg

CA773936-2A20-4D85-BC5D-04C476F2AA33.jpeg
I have seen a member who claims to be representing Ford on the engine failure thread; so someone in Ford is monitoring Bronco6G.

Dear Ford,

We are a Ford customer even when we buy a vehicle from a dealer. We can change dealers but we are always a Ford owner and a Ford customer. You really need to protect your customers from dealers who are taking advantage of the high demand and lack of availability. Once the lots are full again, then it should be back to your normal relationship but we are willing to pay MRSP plus delivery and we have no other option, no leverage, no ability to walk out and buy from someone else.

I would suggest that dealers get suspended on confirmed mark-ups where they are holding a custom ordered Bronco for a ransom above the ordered price. Let them sit with empty lots. You will be able to find customers that will wait over 600+ days for their order. Take pride in that and protect that devotion, but your reputation will be damaged in places like California or Texas if you allow Ford dealers to bait and switch. If you allow Ford dealers to hold custom orders for ransom .

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs