Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep to be pushing to get the I6 Hurricane engine out.
Gotta say I'm a little jealous they're getting that. Not enough to get a Jeep though.
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most Jeep people ask how I like it and few friends will give me some ribbing about it. But so far it has been pretty positive all around.

Most people get that the Bronco should help drive innovation from Jeep. Heck, the Extreme Recon package for the Jeep was obviously driven by the Sasquatch package and the extra power the 2.7 has over the Jeep 3.6 might part of the rush for Jeep to be pushing to get the I6 Hurricane engine out.
For you younger guys, the Hurricane engine was the power plant in the early 1950 Willys CJā€™s, I4, 65 HP. A real reason for the low speed transfer caseā€¦..

As a somewhat authentic Willys owner, I take a little offense at the current Jeep WILLYS designation. Folks have no idea what this 40ā€™s technology was capable of without lockers.

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure I posted it before on the board before, but will do so again.

We showed up to the All-Jeep show in Carnation, WA last summer and had our bone-stock Base model Bronco on display (along with a JL and JT) right up in front near the main stage. Most people loved the chance to see it and we even got "Ducked" at the shop.

Caution Jeep-heavy content:

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For you younger guys, the Hurricane engine was the power plant in the early 1950 Willys CJā€™s, I4, 65 HP. A real reason for the low speed transfer caseā€¦..

As a somewhat authentic Willys owner, I take a little offense at the current Jeep WILLYS designation. Folks have no idea what this 40ā€™s technology was capable of without lockers.

Watch who you're calling a young'un..... ;)

I'm old enough to know how to pronounce Willys correctly. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I've had a few of them over the years. a '47 CJ2a, a '49 CJ3a and a '53 3B.

Those old flatties were tough buggers!

Ford Bronco Friendly Rivalries  Jeeps vs Bronco iu

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve been a Jeeper. Both are awesome vehicles, but in stock trim, while the jeep might be marginally better in more severe off road conditions IMO the Bronco is competing in an upward market that the Wrangler doesnā€™t. You can actually drive a bronco on the highway in the fast lane if you need to, and you can take your hands off the steering wheel without worrying too much if a bump appears.

what the Bronco needs is stronger brakes. Stock is soft and very easy to modulate which Iā€™m sure is great for off road, but I was spoiled by a German car.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve been a Jeeper. Both are awesome vehicles, but in stock trim, while the jeep might be marginally better in more severe off road conditions IMO the Bronco is competing in an upward market that the Wrangler doesnā€™t. You can actually drive a bronco on the highway in the fast lane if you need to, and you can take your hands off the steering wheel without worrying too much if a bump appears.

what the Bronco needs is stronger brakes. Stock is soft and very easy to modulate which Iā€™m sure is great for off road, but I was spoiled by a German car.
I have owned both and would be happy driving either one and most of my Jeep friends feel the same way. The only comments I get from Jeepers are about the IFS.

I agree with you that the Bronco is a better value in the lower stock trims, which is what prompted me to give the Bronco a try. I never minded the way the Wrangler handled, but my wife and daughters did and they much prefer the Bronco.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, the 50 Willys is an awesome off-road vehicle but dangerous on-road due to its short wheel base.

A907Chick

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Wildtrax Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those of you who have actually gotten your rigs, whats been your experience with the Jeep community? Being the President of my local Jeep club and getting a Bronco , my club members do some ripping, but for the most part like them. They all point out the IFS issues and that back tire in the air thing you always see.

Ford Bronco Friendly Rivalries  Jeeps vs Bronco iu
Love the sticker, that is hilarious. Gives new meaning to FORD: Found on road dead. šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well having previously owned 1 Bronco (76) & 2 Jeeps (81 CJ-5 93 XJ) I had to even the score. I might even wear a Jeep hat when driving my Bronco :eek: because there's no sense in tossing out a great hat :cool:

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of us that have been around, remember when the Hummers were launched. The same conversations cropped up. But I don't see many Hummers getting built today. Just sayin!!

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The IFS thing is funny -- it reminds me of Mustang owners demanding a solid rear axle, BMW owners insisting on normally aspirated engines, and Harley owners swearing by air cooled engines. All of them ignore the tradeoffs. They should just acknowledge that it's more about tradition, like round tail lights on a Corvette. Not to mention that usually when offroading, the biggest variable is between the seat and the steering wheel.

With the Bronco engine, drivetrain, and suspension, I just want to know if it's powerful, efficient, reliable, strong, accurate, capable, etc. If the 7G Bronco uses repulsorlift technology from Luke Skywalker's land speeder, that's fine by me.

musicman

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a gladiator (soon to be gone) and a wrangler 392 and a bronco. They are great in their own ways. Iā€™m glad they all exist in this segment and I look forward to the war between ford and jeep because we win in the end.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keeping it friendly is the best way ,one day yall might need each other in a bind and brand won't matter šŸ‘
If you get sideways... there are a lot more Jeeps out there with winches than there are Broncos. (Ask me how I know šŸ˜‘).

And they are more than willing to give you a yank (while taking pics šŸ“ø... lol).
Sponsored