Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be clear you have the 12in screen right?

Are you CERTAIN it’s connecting to WiFi at your house? Mine didn’t actually connect and download the update until I went into the menu and clicked connect and it immediately started downloading it in the middle of the day.
12", and yes. I disconnected and reconfigured my home wifi a month or two ago. My eero shows it's connected but doesn't give me statistics for data/traffic.
Sponsored

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12", and yes. I disconnected and reconfigured my home wifi a month or two ago. My eero shows it's connected but doesn't give me statistics for data/traffic.
Huh, I can see in my router’s history I connected the bronco back in November and it connected for a few days then never connected from 11/8 to 1/12 when I told it to connect in settings menu for it.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
got 3.5.2 yesterday and then it updated to 3.5.3 today. '22 model year built late November

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
carplay doesn’t really support 2 apps at the same time. There is the “dashboard” view shown in the screenshot someone posted above but it’s not really multiple apps, they are simplified and you still have to open them to really interact with them.

I REALLY like how ford lets us pick size now so when I’m just playing music I make it full screen but if I’m navigating I make CarPlay smaller and show the music on the sync “1/4” screen sidebar and have CarPlay show the maps app full screen.
You're correct - it is the dashboard view that I have been after. I first saw this with my wife's phone, but sadly, mine would not display this. So tonight, I finally sat down and said I will figure this out, and poured a few vodka root beers to help! ;) After a lot of frustration with it not working, and searching online, and it wasn't really clear, the solution was to update google maps. I don't have apple maps on my phone because it sucks, and I don't know how current my google maps was, but the icon for google maps changed when I updated so what I was running was older than the last google map icon update ;) And then the dashboard view icon appeared!

Now I have what I want - I can display google maps and music at the same time in Carplay.

And now I kind of like the full screen carplay. If I'm on a road trip and need GPS and music, but not off road information, this will be nice. I'm a hater turned lover, which is fitting considering as a Jeep owner I hated the Bronco until I drove one LOL! Cheers! :D

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the update and noticed a glitch with CarPlay is no longer there. Prior to this update my music would cut and skip if I was using any map in CarPlay. There was also a noticeable improvement when I closed the map apps. Now the maps don’t
interfere with the music and the stereo sounds better.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got my update yesterday morning. When I got in and went to physical therapy it had not been updated over night. After an hour of physical therapy came out and noticed it had been updated. I really like the full screen option.

Got to figure out how the two phones works.

603BB

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update finally came through and I can make Ford Nav full screen but there does not seem to be a way to do it with CarPlay. With Ford Nav there is a place to expand screen on bottom right. With CarPlay I was expecting an arrow thing on the upper left but it is not there. What gives?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Update finally came through and I can make Ford Nav full screen but there does not seem to be a way to do it with CarPlay. With Ford Nav there is a place to expand screen on bottom right. With CarPlay I was expecting an arrow thing on the upper left but it is not there. What gives?
If it’s not there you’re not on the right power up version yet. Many people had not been receiving the previous updates, so you have a little catching up to do. It will come.

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got the 3.5.3 update!
Had gotten 3.5.2 the other day so only a few days in between.
Both kicked in after driving the bronco running errands.

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it’s not there you’re not on the right power up version yet. Many people had not been receiving the previous updates, so you have a little catching up to do. It will come.
Makes sense because the update that just came through was 3.5.2. Guess I need to wait for 3.5.3.
Thanks.