First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another good reason for a spare tire delete. Two of my last cars didn't even come with a spare. Does than mean I should mount a tire the back of them?
Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t just say you bent it and go pound sand
Has your dealer treated you that way so far? That blows. In my case, they have been super cool to deal with these little things quickly and with as little inconvenience as possible. But I live in a big city with w lot of competition and one of the biggest dealers so would be tough to pull off that shit

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t just say you bent it and go pound sand
I was afraid theyā€™d say that but it was noted that they were trying to find said rattle for a week before I was able to take delivery. My salesperson went with us for a test drive and it was rattling/thudding like crazy which now we know was the rear tailgate flexing. I didnā€™t realize the extend of how bad it really was until driving it 3hrs back home and then took it in to our local dealer the very next morning for diagnosis where they found this

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For anybody wondering - my tailgate is being replaced completely. They say itā€™s been ordered but no ETA. Just happy itā€™s going to be replaced. Theyā€™re telling me it was probably a result of transport damage.. no idea how it wasnā€™t found on initial delivery unless it got worse as I drove back home. Oh well, just glad itā€™s getting taken care of without hassle!

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
For anybody wondering - my tailgate is being replaced completely. They say itā€™s been ordered but no ETA. Just happy itā€™s going to be replaced. Theyā€™re telling me it was probably a result of transport damage.. no idea how it wasnā€™t found on initial delivery unless it got worse as I drove back home. Oh well, just glad itā€™s getting taken care of without hassle!
Nice !! I have yet to take mine to the dealer but I hope itā€™s this easy as well .

Sponsored

dubblin8302

First Edition
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I tried messing with the spare tire and mount while the vehicle is stationary, and it feels VERY solid; little to no play whatsoever. Also canā€™t reproduce the rattle while the vehicle is stationary at all, opening and closing it, messing with the tire/mount, etc.

This one would definitely drive anyone crazy! Itā€™s very audible from the cabin since thereā€™s nothing between the passenger compartment and the metal of the tailgate lol
I removed my spare tire, and the noise went away. I ordered the rough country spare tire mount kit to see if that solves it. I think the 35" tire is too heavy and is creating the popping/metalic sound.

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer got back with me. Looking at anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months+ as the tailgate is on back order. Not surprised really. Atleast I was able to enjoy my Bronco for a day before taking it back to the dealer for an unknown amount of time.. lol. The waiting now begins again! Worth it to get rid of that rattle though

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer got back with me. Looking at anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months+ as the tailgate is on back order. Not surprised really. Atleast I was able to enjoy my Bronco for a day before taking it back to the dealer for an unknown amount of time.. lol. The waiting now begins again! Worth it to get rid of that rattle though
The swap is only time consuming due to paint - have them do it first before you bring it in. Donā€™t forget to remind them to order the badges too - save some time. Make sure alignment is correct too upon reattach.

Tkekich

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wanted to report that my brand new bronco with 15 miles has the dreaded tailgate rattle. Oh MAN is it annoying. My dealer tried for almost a week to find exactly what was wrong before I took delivery.. They took the entire tailgate apart and they couldnā€™t diagnose the problem. Apparently they asked the local rep if this is becoming common and the answer was yes and that nothing currently can be done. I was told that Ford is collecting VINs to follow the issue and will hopefully come out with a resolution.
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have a 2 door and I popped both of the plastic trim pieces off of the interior swing gate and i had my wife drive me around while I was in the back with a flashlight trying to feel around for anything that may be loose. Nothing. Took it to my dealership service guy and he said" yep, it's a problem". No fix yet.

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I have a 2 door and I popped both of the plastic trim pieces off of the interior swing gate and i had my wife drive me around while I was in the back with a flashlight trying to feel around for anything that may be loose. Nothing. Took it to my dealership service guy and he said" yep, it's a problem". No fix yet.
I wonder why @Ford Motor Company doesnt want to address this . ??? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I couldnā€™t agree more . They just sit back and let people go crazy trying to figure out problems themselves . not ok @Ford Motor Company .
I think itā€™s a way larger design issue that has to do with the rivets and the constantly expanding and twisting material against the rivets. granted this thread is a whole variety of different clicks ticks and rattles people are reporting on - not everyone reporting the same issue. So Iā€™m referring solely too the tick not the bumpers etc relating to the huge spare tire. Just my take. Fortunately it has been resolved for the time being for me so easier to give my two cents.
Sponsored