Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See update at the bottom of this post.

Remember this thread? https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/goose-gear-stealth-rear-seat-delete-my-review.31953/

I was hoping to have better luck since I ordered a couple months after and my product is slightly different. I got the 4D cargo platform (not the seat delete) and fridge slide.
I hesitated between Goose Gear and American Adventure Lab that also has a cargo platform and fridge slide but in metal instead of wood. I chose Goose Gear mostly due to availability.

Well, I received them and for now it's quite ugly. I will update this post once I hear back from the dealer and Goose Gear. I hope that they stand behind their product!

I ordered everything QTY x2 for both our Broncos (friend and I).

1) The packages arrived damaged. See picture 1. The content is not damaged but the hardware and keys are missing for the platform that was in the damaged box.

2) Upon opening both platforms boxes, we realized they are different. One platform has reinforced pieces of wood but the other platform does not have that. The one that is missing those reinforcements is the platform that was in the non opened, non damaged box so it came like this from the factory. See 2nd picture that shows the difference

3) after installing the first platform with the only set of hardware we received, we installed the fridge slide on it. It’s impossible to close the door of the Bronco because there is not enough clearance and the Bronco tailgate will hit the fridge slide (with no fridge on it). See picture 3.
It is possible to push the fridge slide a little more so it’s flush with the rear seats, but in that case, the holes of the platform are covered by the slide metal in such a way that only 4 holes are accessible in total (see picture 4). It’s impossible to line-up everything so that the slide is pushed back enough for the door to clear, and that the 8 platform holes are not covered.
Moving the fridge slide 1 row sideway to the right does not help and it still interferes with the door.
The only way to make the product usable would be:
- use only 4 screws, which is probably a risk for the wood with a fully loaded fridge and the reason why Goose included 8 screws.
- drill additional holes in the metal of the slide so all of the 8 holes on the platform are accessible.

4) The fridge slide covers the Jack cover. Back in November, Goose Gear confirmed via e-mail that the jack compartment would still be accessible with the fridge slide on as long as the screws of the cover are removed before hand. The compartment is not accessible, it’s impossible to remove the cover with the fridge slide on even with all four screws removed. See picture 5.

5) By using the only set of hardware provided, we tried the 2nd platform and 2nd slide on the 2nd Bronco from my friend. All the issues above apply.

That's not to mention several quality issues (issues on the line-x paint, some holes are not well aligned with the Bronco holes, some issues on the wood, etc) but at this point I don't really care about that, I just want something that works ok.

UPDATE:
- Goose Gear response came within hours via both phone and e-mail. Response time was top notch.
- Goose Gear confirmed the wood reinforcements were not normal and their mistake. They sent parts with glue, as well as the missing hardware and some swag quickly, and we were able to install it.
- They mentioned that the fridge slide can be used safely with only 4 bolts, which allows to install in a way that clears the Bronco tailgate. We installed it that way and it works. The wood bends with the slide extended and a fridge on it, so I would have preferred to use the 8 bolts but I will take their word for it.
- The jack cover works as intended.
- After installing everything, there are a lot of rattles from the fridge slide (both of them), the little cover for the jack and other compartment (both platforms) and from the platform itself (in only one of the 2 platform) because it is slightly bent. I was able to fix all of those by using foam in various locations. I wish it came with those upgrades from the factory.
- In conclusion, I am very happy with their customer service. The product itself, I am half happy. It now works as intended but for such a premium price, QC should be better, finish should be better, rattles should be fixed with the right parts from the factory, etc. I will report back after a season of use to let you know hot it holds up.

Ford Bronco Goose Gear Platform / Fridge slide issues and update Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 17.06.06
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Platform / Fridge slide issues and update Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 17.06.15
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Platform / Fridge slide issues and update Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 17.06.23
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Platform / Fridge slide issues and update Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 17.06.31
Ford Bronco Goose Gear Platform / Fridge slide issues and update Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 17.06.38
Sponsored

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, bummer. Hope they make it right for you.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for sharing. I really want this product and now I'm not sure.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Things like this make me want to simply halt any purchasing until a couple years go by to see what sticks and what doesn't.
Exactly why we are just enjoying our stock Bronco! Not to mention how many new and improved aftermarket goodies will be available in the next year or so. EDIT: We do have 4 of the Bartact Paracord grab handles in dozer yellow!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn that sucks. After seeing the first guys install thread it definitely made me realize that goosegear was overpriced considering the recent quality coming out. Shipping damage is one thing, but 2 different setups that shipped at the same time? Are they working in the same plant as Ford who is sending Broncos out with mismatched seats, badging & tail lights?

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE:
- Goose Gear response came within hours via both phone and e-mail. Response time was top notch.
- Goose Gear confirmed the wood reinforcements were not normal and their mistake. They sent parts with glue, as well as the missing hardware and some swag quickly, and we were able to install it.
- They mentioned that the fridge slide can be used safely with only 4 bolts, which allows to install in a way that clears the Bronco tailgate. We installed it that way and it works. The wood bends with the slide extended and a fridge on it, so I would have preferred to use the 8 bolts but I will take their word for it.
- After installing everything, there are a lot of rattles from the fridge slide (both of them), the little cover for the jack and other compartment (both platforms) and from the platform itself (in only one of the 2 platform) because it is slightly bent. I was able to fix all of those by using foam in various locations. I wish it came with those upgrades from the factory.
- In conclusion, I am very happy with their customer service. The product itself, I am half happy. It now works as intended but for such a premium price, QC should be better, finish should be better, rattles should be fixed with the right parts from the factory, etc. I will report back after a season of use to let you know hot it holds up.

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
UPDATE:
Do you still like the system? Would you recommend them?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a chance to touch, feel and look at the system in a bronco this past weekend. I was not impressed at all. Fit, finish, gaps, alignment all stood out to me.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you still like the system? Would you recommend them?
After the modifications I did using padding in various locations to eliminate rattle, yes I am happy with the product.
It's too expensive and at that price should be perfect and not require modifications. But yes it works as intended and I am happy using it.
Sponsored