redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes that it is. When posting I could only come up with high-sided but knew it was the wrong term.

It is also referred to as being "turtled".

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going up a 22 degree sand pile with the intent to stop before cresting over. At the top I went to stop but slid over a bit in the snow and got stuck with all the tires spinning in the air after.

As soon as the bronco got stuck the errors came on the dash. I was going pretty slow when it happened. Traction boards were no help but I got out with a single soft tug from a F-150.

ABS and AdvanceTrac lights are on. It still lets me turn AdvanceTrac on and off. ABS, AdvanceTrac, collision, and side traffic alert are all errors I can remember. While idling they will re-alert every 20 seconds or so. On the few mile drive home "Service Vehicle Soon" came up and feels like it's shifting slightly rough. If I try to use the swaybar disconnect, I get an error and it does not disconnect.

The truck is sitting at home while I'm at work today. The battery is disconnected. Underneath the truck it looks fine. The sand is all on the skid that protects the gas tank. No sand underneath anywhere forward of that.

While I was stuck, I noticed that one rear tire was not spinning even with the dif locked. All other three tires were spinning. The power distribution screen shows nothing even when the tires were spinning.

Going to reconnect the battery when I get home. Maybe bring it to the carwash and get some sand out? Anything I could look for underneath? Sounds like some kind of electrical/electronic problem. Nothing was rough on the truck with the stuck or unstuck process. Will be making an appointment with the dealer of course.
Next time put it in one of the GOAT modes and see if it freaks out.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is also referred to as being "turtled".

But that can also mean stuck on your back ... Which if your bronco is that kind of turtled ... you got a lot more issues than a few codes.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have a wiring harness running along your frame rails on the driver side. Can’t remember if there is one on the passenger side too. Either way they have a big connection point somewhere below the front doors on the frame. Check it and see if if those got disconnected somehow

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going up a 22 degree sand pile with the intent to stop before cresting over. At the top I went to stop but slid over a bit in the snow and got stuck with all the tires spinning in the air after.

As soon as the bronco got stuck the errors came on the dash. I was going pretty slow when it happened. Traction boards were no help but I got out with a single soft tug from a F-150.

ABS and AdvanceTrac lights are on. It still lets me turn AdvanceTrac on and off. ABS, AdvanceTrac, collision, and side traffic alert are all errors I can remember. While idling they will re-alert every 20 seconds or so. On the few mile drive home "Service Vehicle Soon" came up and feels like it's shifting slightly rough. If I try to use the swaybar disconnect, I get an error and it does not disconnect.

The truck is sitting at home while I'm at work today. The battery is disconnected. Underneath the truck it looks fine. The sand is all on the skid that protects the gas tank. No sand underneath anywhere forward of that.

While I was stuck, I noticed that one rear tire was not spinning even with the dif locked. All other three tires were spinning. The power distribution screen shows nothing even when the tires were spinning.

Going to reconnect the battery when I get home. Maybe bring it to the carwash and get some sand out? Anything I could look for underneath? Sounds like some kind of electrical/electronic problem. Nothing was rough on the truck with the stuck or unstuck process. Will be making an appointment with the dealer of course.
I had this same series of lights come on very early into ownership. I resolved it myself by tightening up every ground point in the engine bay and the two bolts inside the engine bay fuse box. It did not return. Recently I had an issue where the vehicle would not even attempt to start. Part of that was a failing battery that didn't really show symptoms of failing. This also exposed some issues with the AWD module which kept failing and leaving me without transfer case control. That module and the battery were replaced and I'm whole again, all with less than 1000 miles of warranty left. :O

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm headed home in about an hour.

I've received some advice including checking the wheel speed sensors. I also found a post where someone had debris on their sensor and had basically all the same faults. Park aid, cross traffic, pre-collision assist, service advancetrac, abs fault. They faults went away after cleaning it. I'll be checking that first and I'm hoping one is just covered with debris and not actually damaged.

I'm crossing my fingers I can get this resolved on my own and be able to make the drive to VT and see the solar eclipse using my own vehicle on Monday

OP
OP
BlazinGTO

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this same series of lights come on very early into ownership. I resolved it myself by tightening up every ground point in the engine bay and the two bolts inside the engine bay fuse box. It did not return. Recently I had an issue where the vehicle would not even attempt to start. Part of that was a failing battery that didn't really show symptoms of failing. This also exposed some issues with the AWD module which kept failing and leaving me without transfer case control. That module and the battery were replaced and I'm whole again, all with less than 1000 miles of warranty left. :O
Thank you, I'll take a look at this too.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Same happen to a guy, in our off roading group. He limp off the trail and once it got up to a certain MPH on the way home it corrected itself.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Technology is cool…. Until it isn’t.

Someone needs to invent a nanny override program and push button lol.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for this, I had read in another thread that tightening all the grounds was one of the first things to do when one gets their new Bronco. I had forgotten about that.

nipeej

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know its fun to go up a steep incline and then back down. If you come to a berm that you must go over you need to hit it at an angle, one tire cresting at a time so you have at least one or two tires still on the ground. FYI

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This particular time, no. I go to a washed out dirt road that is closed to traffic but I can make it down to a trailhead I use. It's fairly mild and I only use 4A or 2wd.

This is the sand I was on. This is from an earlier time this week. It's used to block access to the road and my son likes when we pull up onto it. After, we back down and go around.
1000000623.jpg
Not to be “that guy”, but there is a Road Closed sign and a pile of what looks more like gravel or asphalt millings than sand blocking the road. Perhaps someone should not give our community a bloody nose by not venturing into closed areas. I may get flamed for this comment, but when I lived out west it was a constant battle to keep trails open and people ignoring the closed signs usually resulted in stricter enforcement and additional closures.

Also, four door problems. The extended wheelbase of the lifted Ford Flex doesn’t help with break over angle.

Reactions: abe

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs