Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn't matter what you said honestly. Ford Motor Company created a reservation system that in exchange for $100, let you reserve a Bronco and pick the dealer you wanted to purchase it from. No consumer would have a reasonable expectation to think otherwise.

Clearly we are now seeing Ford pivot and try to clean up the mess on the dealer side to appease the ones that are complaining. That's not the customer's fault. That's Ford's fault. Yes, they have a captive product that leaves little choice in terms of competitors (Jeep and that's about it). And if you don't want a Jeep, you have to put up with Ford's crap.

Again in the end they should from a Public Relations standpoint (which Mike Levine is part of) stand by their reservation holders and make sure they are taken care of first (at least get that messaging out). This is PR 100 level crap. It is also some of the worst customer service out of a large company ever.
Stay Pumped

:sick:
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's just take a moment and realize that all of this thread (53 pages so far), a large number of other threads, and many, many hours of teeth-gnashing and frustration are solely the result of a terrible car buying process that does not match the way we buy anything else in today's society.

A system that makes us jump through our own assholes just to buy a vehicle at a reasonable price. It's obnoxious that anybody should feel like their best option to purchase a new vehicle is to travel 7 states away, to Iowa, just to buy a car...that is f&*$*@$ stupid. It is a broken system that is not customer friendly, is not designed to be customer-friendly, and is designed to maximize confusion amongst the consumers.

There is a reason why places like Carvana, Carmax, Tesla and others have succeeded...they have removed as much friction as possible from the buying process/selling, and they have benefited from this.

I think Ford is on point with the ordering system, I think they dicked it up by comingling the dealership model along with an ordering system. The two are naturally at odds and the incentives are misaligned.

I buy a new car every 9 years....hopefully in 2030, when I get my next new car, I can just order it and the damn thing shows up on a flat bed at my house.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious to see how customers who bought from dealers that provide costs under MSRP, like Granger, Chapman, etc. to see if the final deal was still good. I had 3 dealers today, including a very large volume dealer in CA tell me to not believe the $$$ under MSRP because those dealers will add costs at the end. Personally, I give dealers who offer good deals the benefit of the doubt until they prove themselves to be untrustworthy.

If you have bought from such a dealer, would love to know if the deal was as promised.
granger is exactly how they appear on this forum; super!
ME; #3 bronco delivered by granger
msrp $48,475
price 45,790
extras + 9,012 (lift, wheels, tires, graphics, frig, mats, camera, seat covers etc)
ext war + 2,135
points - 1,800 (ford pass points credit)
total; 55,501 +tax

if i would not have ordered any extras would have been 45,790 - 1800 ford points = 43,990 +tax
this outer banks is a nice truck for the money just stock in the $45k range
was offered $500 for the factory wheels/tires but told granger to keep them.

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 1634072537812

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy 1634072136524

Last edited:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford is on point with the ordering system, I think they dicked it up by comingling the dealership model along with an ordering system. The two are naturally at odds and the incentives are misaligned.
It is bizarre that a company that does $125B in revenue and has existed since the dawn of the industry can't figure out how to alter a sales process without tripping all over themselves. But sometimes it is difficult to change the airplane while you fly it, and the change has to come from an external source. The dealership model is heavily protected by a regulatory moat, but that will only stand up to competition for so long.

I am in the tech industry, and woe to Ford if the level of creative destruction our titans bring to so many industries should befall the auto industry. Tesla is just a minor taste of the disruption on the way. I don't hate Ford at all and they did a great job designing the Bronco, but they can't set up a reservation queue properly? Come on. Ford's gonna need to bring their customer service A game if they want to stand a chance once Apple, Google, etc. are competing with them.

Sponsored

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Chuck Anderson is who I went with. I'm in OK & they're almost 5 hours from me, but have been awesome to deal with. Sold them my truck for a great price & ordered/bought a Super Duty from them while waiting for my Bronco. Great communication the whole way, always answered my calls or called back very quickly, and know what's going on.

All the many, many OK dealers I talked to before the order banks opened were either greedy, a-holes, or didn't know anything close to what was going on or even know anything about the Bronco.

That's what made me go with Chuck Anderson. I'm tired of all the local dealer BS, and am willing to take the extra time and extra money for travel to go to someone that's honest & respectful. And I'll wait for them to get me my Bronco (reserved within 1st 48 hrs of launch). I'll be damned if I change to some douchebag dealer & give them my money just to get it sooner.

Hear that @Ford Motor Company? We chose our smaller dealers for a reason! Don't you dare continue to screw over early reservations because of allocation. We were told our timestamp matters, but you don't seem to think so. I understand the issues you've faced, and gave you some leeway for the partial year of production for 2021. We've waited patiently, but people can only take so much. Seeing people who reserved or direct ordered in 2021 get their VINS while people who reserved last summer still wait is infuriating. If this continues in 2022 people are going to start bailing. And I'm still mad that you yanked Rapid Red before filling the early reservations who had it. All of this will be remembered.
Do you happen to know what Chuck Anderson's ratio is for allocations to reservations?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brichan