Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't post a lot on this board, and I have been very patient throughout this process. I haven't been overly critical of Ford even though they have made many, many mistakes the last 18 months. But this mess is of their own making. If you want to control where your Broncos get sent, don't allow dealerships to take that many reservations. Don't allow customers to choose which dealer they go to. And when you realized production numbers weren't meeting forecasts, stop taking more orders.
The reasonable and ethical thing to do is to honor all existing orders and do whatever you have to do fulfill those orders as quickly as possible. Going forward, if you want to change things back to the old way, that's fine. But you allowed this situation, and it's your job to fix it.
I agree Eric. Myself, I was one of Fords biggest fanboys when the MIC top problem, supplier issues, and chip shortage surfaced. And this is the thanks I got for that. Boy, I feel like a sap now.......:)
Sponsored

DVOStandard

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger, Honestly, I am proud to be a reservation holder at Granger. I can wait it out. Just wish it was some other dang company making the Bronco now.

@Ford Motor Company, Can you hear that Mr. Farley?

Ford sure isn't fostering any loyalty with me. Guess I'll see how much further I can get my current ride to go before it croaks. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why should they do this? Many dealers discount and have done so for decades? And if Ford does try to so, shouldn't they also penalize dealers who ADM?
Yes, they should. If they are going to allow ADM, then they should allow incentives.

The massive shift
That's a pipe dream under the new allocation restrictions. Straight from Granger's estimates:

Meanwhile, ordering a Jeep is allowed regardless of the dealers allocation...

This is Ford screwing the small dealers and the reservation holders that chose them...

...and giving Jeep a good chance at a 4th straight record quarter by driving Bronco early adopters to the Wrangler family....
Maybe. Or maybe "the sky is falling"...again on the forum and people are jumping to the worst possible scenario.

I don't believe that orders will take 4 years to deliver.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Touareg, ā€˜10 Jetta, ā€˜07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! and on the opposite side of this; this was a chance for Ford to attract new customers. i have never bought a new Ford; yet i have 4 to Granger (1 bronco delivered, one coming this Fall, one october reservation coming in 2024-5, and one lightning). this whole sordid affair with Ford has not built any brand loyalty within me. dealer loyalty yes, and i will go through with these Granger Ford orders. after that, no more Fords. but future Jeep or Ram truck orders go to Granger, and i am in south florida ($1400 to ship from Granger to Ft Myers).
I wonder if someone could work up a nice oval Granger logo in Vinyl? May be of some good use someday.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't stand large dealers. My original plan with the Bronco was to wait a few years to pick up a clean used one just to avoid slick Willie and his back room "finance guy".

When I saw the transparency and honesty of Granger I decided to give buying new another try.

If Ford is now trying to force me back to a big dealership, hard pass. I donā€™t need a Bronco that bad.

Iā€™m sure Granger will have a nice selection of clean trade-ins of all makes and types I can choose from for a fair price.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've said it multiple times before, as I've sat in on a good many dealer council calls and spoken to the Bronco brand manager multiple times, it wasn't solely the dealers who got the allocation formula changed. Ford was not a fan of what happened with the low ball pricing strategy. Sure, I think the dealers definitely complained, but that was not the driving decision. It absolutely was a brand devaluing tactic that drove it.
While I don't discount what you've said we all know the the dealers are Fords customers. And Ford has said many times that they can't do anything about dealers selling Broncos with an astronomical ADM added, because they are independent franchises. So, why then would Ford care if a dealer sold his Broncos at a discounted price. Ford has already gotten their money. Hell, I can't even understand why Ford would care if a dealer gave them away. The term "Follow the money" comes to mind in this situation.

Last edited:

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I donā€™t need a Bronco that bad.
This is really the point. Nobody needs a Bronco that bad. The Wrangler is a wonderful alternative. I was lined up to be a conquest customer for Ford. Now Iā€™m completely turned off to the point where I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever buy any Ford.

All they had to do, as someone suggested above, was fill the damn reservations in time-stamp order. Thatā€™s it. If they wanted to change the rules going forward then fine (although, again, Jeep doesnā€™t do what Ford is doing here). But to essentially completely abandon the time stamps is wrong wrong wrong.

Ford played us all for fools. Well, fool me onceā€¦

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I am about convinced to take some of my Bronco cash throw a supercharger in my Mustang and call it a day. Then I can drive the wheels off it until I can walk onto a lot and just buy a Bronco. This whole process has been a nightmare.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What the corporate world often forgets and this thread shows so well is that people still do care how they are treated. How wild is that, people are more loyal to the few honost dealerships on here than they are to Ford whom they have had a relationship with dating back to being behind the wheel on grandpa's lap. That's how far gone Farley is. Believe for a fact that tweet was communicated to Levine from the cronies up top, maybe not actually expecting him to say it, but again that's how out of touch they all are.

Sponsored

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ill help where I can.
D60D1E02-3990-46DB-BDB4-3E74E7E5E4B2.png

I appreciate the reacts to the photo on this forum. but get on twitter and like and retweet the actual tweet. tag the ford guys when you do it so they can see the support. It puts things a lot more in their face on twitter.

Here's the direct link

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Ford is purposefully punishing those dealers that are willing to sell below MSRP because they are worried about the reported re-sale value of their vehicles?
No. Ford is punishing dealers who sold a lot of Broncos but didn't sell a lot of other Ford Products.

They are also punishing smaller, growing dealerships because they are looking at total Ford sales over the last 3 years.

Granger is particularilly hurt, because they sold a LOT of Broncos, and are not a large "everything else Ford" seller.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been fuming since Friday, it just stinks to high hell, Ford & their fat-ass fat head fat-cat dealers saw the "quick money" & cajoled a plan to stuff their own pockets as fast as possible by creating the Bronco shortage (who really thinks they can't produce ALL the damn orders by summer of '22?!) and to brush us customers aside like garbage to do so. I still say they whole pot of shit all along was to get $60K for a base & into the $100K's for everything else. It all & only about stuffing pockets at the top & we never did matter, other than a big fat promotional campaign for free. Yeah, we were used!! That it spills over onto hurting decent dealers like Granger is just futher evidence to what level they're gold-rush greed attitude as risen (or sunk). Go JEEP!!

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a Grangetober reservation holder Ford appears to be giving me these options, is this correct?

1. Wait for a long time (indeterminate) to get my Bronco while watching big dealer lots fill up with stock. Accept that the "in order of reservation" statement was not true.
2. Visit a medium that can talk with the spirits of the dead to divine which dealer in the nation has extra allocation. Then try to work with that dealer on setting a price and hope they hold to it.
3. Just forget it and go buy something else
Sponsored