OP
OC4x4

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
A
Dude... just had two guys from the Bay Area Bronco Thread ask me to keep them in the loop regarding Portland. We're all super salty regarding the dealerships throughout the Bay Area outer Bay Area region. Its not just a pricing thing either; its a lack of knowledge or customer service. We've got guys in for a trip to Iowa just to not buy from California... its a real thing... Please let your connection know I want to share information. Direct Message me sooner than later.
I reached out to him, he may wait until he has something to actually offer.....It is a solid dealer but I don’t have any direct experience with them.

Aussieshed

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Clubs

Maybe. I'd have to crunch the numbers because buying out of State I'd have to pay 10.1% to bring it back into WA (you pay tax on where you live when buying out of state), to where I was going to buy in WA State which is 8.2% (you pay WA tax where you buy when WA resident). That alone is around a 1k saving for a 50k purchase. Savings may be wiped out just through tax alone. I have X Plan at the very least.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac
I would have considered it, it's a day trip from eastern WA. But ended using my one time switch today and going to Jess Ford in Pullman for the lifetime warranty.

harpo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
I would have considered it, it's a day trip from eastern WA. But ended using my one time switch today and going to Jess Ford in Pullman for the lifetime warranty.
Go cougs...

My son went there. Interesting country. Not the dirty brown of much of the intermountain west. For the record I mean dirty brown in the most loving way.

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150
Clubs

Another from So-Cal with interest here. I'm seriously considering going to Granger or Laura Ford, but Portland is about 700 miles closer.

da_jokker

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee XJ
Clubs

That would be about the same as me going down to Southern Cali to get a deal. I'm concerned about the whole "out of state" and such, but right now, there appears to be NO dealer this side of the Rockies ... so I'm sure they could score some really good buyers.

OP
OC4x4

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Maybe. I'd have to crunch the numbers because buying out of State I'd have to pay 10.1% to bring it back into WA (you pay tax on where you live when buying out of state), to where I was going to buy in WA State which is 8.2% (you pay WA tax where you buy when WA resident). That alone is around a 1k saving for a 50k purchase. Savings may be wiped out just through tax alone. I have X Plan at the very least.
Ouch! Each state gets their pound of flesh, one way or another......

OP
OC4x4

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Dont know any dealer in Oregon offering that.....EWU-Screaming Eagles!

66RivieraGS

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Buick Riviera GS, 1972 Ford F-250, 2015 BMW 435i M-Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Im in Portland and really like my dealer so far, but I could be convinced to change to someone that offers that deal.

BroncoDude

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB
This lifetime warranty of which you speak. Tell me more. Has to be serviced at that specific dealer?

fv9

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Clubs

I’m in Camas and would change in a heartbeat.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac
This lifetime warranty of which you speak. Tell me more. Has to be serviced at that specific dealer?
I'm not sure yet. It is drivetrain only though, and when they determine drivetrain repair costs exceed the value of the vehicle, they pay out the value of the vehicle and the warranty ends.

Advertisement

Advertisement