Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It looks great. I have been following off/on and glad to see colormatched. What did you finish with on the bulkhead, and is it remaining dry? How about the final composite work - any cracking/fatigue?
it's still a work in progress. Lately I've been spending more time making clearance for full articulation with 40s, than working on the top/bulkhead/bed. The bulkhead is just an aluminum panel bolted in place and sealed. no leaks.
I will eventually build a new one that is improved , but for now it's low on priority list.

Each time I remove the half cab and run the standard top for a few weeks I am able to make a few revisions and improvements, it's almost perfect, lots and lots of sanding, grinding, measuring, epoxy, and dust. 🤪

this time I bought a new rubber gasket, the one that goes around the front of the 2dr top. I had been using the 4dr gasket before and it didn't fit right, they are different.

next time I remove it I'll be mounting the cool little interior lights with the Bronco emblem inside the halfcab.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any updates? Love this idea

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heres a few pics of my "roll bar"....I used the OEM rock slider and cut off the mounts, and fabbed up some 4130 ends that slide into the Bronco roll bar. And secures with a aircraft grade bolt. Definletly feels more solid and structurly sound now. Hope i never need to test it out. Next ill be painting the tops to match.
I would think the sectional area provides more than sufficient strength and rigidity. During a severely loaded roll over event the bar maybe buckling critical or at least sustain significant bending loads. It is difficult to keep the end supports from behaving more like a pinned connection. Not sure what the sectional inertia of the rock sliders are but may want to maximize that if possible.

very impressive work. You clearly have an abundance of experience and I love reading and learning from your posts. Keep them coming.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
🛻 this is absolutely amazing work. The level of knowledge and creativity it takes to execute this is unreal. I could look at this rig all day