Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No offense, but this is a solution looking for a problem. I have put 1000s of miles at highway speeds without issue.

OP
OP
davidforlife

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No offense, but this is a solution looking for a problem. I have put 1000s of miles at highway speeds without issue.

Hey no offense taken. I get your point, but when I said secure, I really meant “more secure”. I ran front panels without the back for months and didn’t like that I could physically see a gap between the two unlatched corners. I could see it from across the parking lot. It looked crooked. Problem #1 solved. #2 I wanted better mounting points for a partition between front and back seats. Not gonna lie, it does give me piece of mind, so maybe you got me there. Regarding highway speeds, it never was my concern. I don’t even think I use the words “highway” or “speed” in my post. Guess I need to clarify. I was never good at thesis papers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
davidforlife

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been wanting to do this but was afraid of the panels flying off or someone walking away with them . Stealing this idea with some mods now lol

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My ultimate plan is to build a tonneau cover and add a soft “window” to separate the cab from the back seat, so the crossbar will also function as mounting points for the window.
I cannot wait to see that come together! Side note, please message me if you're ever in Tallahassee!

JKMor

Big Bend
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When you say “make a tonneau cover and add a soft “window” to separate the cab from the back seat”, that’s exactly what I want!! I was wondering if the tonneau for the 4 door could be modified to go all the way up to the front seats on the 2 door🤔 Let me know if you ever decide to sell/install these ideas👍🏼

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love this mod and was planning to do the same when my Bronco comes in. I also was hoping to do the tonneau division. Or maybe even an aluminum plate with a window? Thanks for sharing the post. Glad to know there are some easing mounting points to make this work.

Sponsored

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s secure but not solid. They’ll flex if you push up on the panels. In short term they’d be fine, but you may start to see some cracks in the panels over time. My ultimate plan is to build a tonneau cover and add a soft “window” to separate the cab from the back seat, so the crossbar will also function as mounting points for the window.
I look forward to seeing the follow up post!

BroncoEnvy

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr, 2006 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is a little off topic, but I wonder if it would be possible to run the mid panel from the 4 doors on the 2 door if one were to switch the brackets on the top of the roll cage that the panels interact with. Would be an interesting way to create a safari style hardtop on the 2 door. :unsure:

Thinking further out of the box, it would be interesting to then add some removal soft side and rear windows like on the soft top... :unsure::unsure:

Ford Bronco How to get "half cab" look on 2 door Bronco using a DIY crossbar top brackets 2dr
Ford Bronco How to get "half cab" look on 2 door Bronco using a DIY crossbar top brackets 4dr

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in the 90s there were a few different variations of the tonneau covers made for the 5G Broncos with the top off. I'm sure someone will eventually come out with one similar.

Ford Bronco How to get "half cab" look on 2 door Bronco using a DIY crossbar 1694529287198

Ford Bronco How to get "half cab" look on 2 door Bronco using a DIY crossbar 1694529319464

Ford Bronco How to get "half cab" look on 2 door Bronco using a DIY crossbar 1694529471517

This company might still be making things as well;

http://www.skylercorp.com/Skyler-tops.htm

OP
OP
davidforlife

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a little off topic, but I wonder if it would be possible to run the mid panel from the 4 doors on the 2 door if one were to switch the brackets on the top of the roll cage that the panels interact with. Would be an interesting way to create a safari style hardtop on the 2 door. :unsure:

Thinking further out of the box, it would be interesting to then add some removal soft side and rear windows like on the soft top... :unsure::unsure:

Ford Bronco How to get "half cab" look on 2 door Bronco using a DIY crossbar 1694529471517
Your idea looks sick in my head. A few of my neighbors have 4 doors 🤔