First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh and I'd solid axle swap a bronco over q jeep because I can get a brand new base for as cheap as a jeep with 40k miles plus have a better engine and manual transmission
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will agree with you all a squatch bronco is going to be very capable. But as soon as you want to do 37s or 40s and more hardcore trails the ifs will need to go bye bye and on the jeeps Dana 60s are a must. So swapping axles has to be done anyway whether it's a jeep or a bronco for 40s
100% correct. I will feel comfortable with 35s and less comfortable with 37s. Beyond that swap.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to wheel it stock and wait for Currie to come out with a reasonable sas. Y'all need to get out there there are literally thousands of people buying brand new jeep jl rubicons and in a month have one tons and a hemi swap underway. Solid axles under broncos will be more common sooner than you think. I think starting with the base is a really cheap way to get into a legit off-road build.
Ya...the bronco crowd doesn't really get the jeepers. Those guys do some crazy stuff! I'm down, but can't wrap my head around a workaround for the EPS rack that's not hamfisted. Adapt a Jeep eps pump and gear? Fab some kinda setup to mount a conventional pump? The ideal solution would be if somebody came out w/a eps worm/sector gear...AFAIK no such thing has ever been built. Making the computer happy is going to be a whole other issue, then the issue of strengthening the frame as it was never set up for worm/sector. Would want to do a swap that is 50 state legal for street so not going full hydro!(although that would be the ideal solution!)

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hah. What a different group over here. Once saw a question on a Wrangler forum if they should wave to non-modified Wranglers or not (google the "Jeep Wave" if you don't know why waving is a question/thing). But here someone asks what plans people have to modify and they are accused of being insane...

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hah. What a different group over here. Once saw a question on a Wrangler forum if they should wave to non-modified Wranglers or not (google the "Jeep Wave" if you don't know why waving is a question/thing). But here someone asks what plans people have to modify and they are accused of being insane...
No joke.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DJe.gif

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s not what was asked, and you know that. He asked if a Single Axle Swap would be a good call as soon as they bought a base model. That’s probably a $15,000 swap, probably more since you’re first in line, with inherent problems to even make work, on a vehicle not designed for it. If SFA is so critical before you even wheel this one, than better to buy a SFA vehicle. It would be “insane” compared to modding the IFS. I also think modding a Wrangler to IFS would be equally insane, for the record....and I like modding vehicles. It’s just not what the vehicle performs well with.

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s not what was asked, and you know that. He asked if a Single Axle Swap would be a good call as soon as they bought a base model. That’s probably a $15,000 swap, probably more since you’re first in line, with inherent problems to even make work, on a vehicle not designed for it. If SFA is so critical before you even wheel this one, than better to buy a SFA vehicle. It would be “insane” compared to modding the IFS. I also think modding a Wrangler to IFS would be equally insane, for the record....and I like modding vehicles. It’s just not what the vehicle performs well with.
Ummmm 15k are u kidding I have a welder and a grinder not my first rodeo

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not rocket science. It's not going to space bro.

mountainbiker90

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I fully suspect that Maxlider and others will offer an expensive DIY SAS mall crawler kit down the road. For wheelers, a D44 rear is by no means a stout axle. I have no idea on the front diff. I'm sure you'll see build threads with one ton swaps and more. I'm thinking a base Sasquatch for us, and leave it like that, as the wife will want to drive it all the time. It'll be cool to see what folks come up with in the upcoming years!

My 67' is on tons. I'll probably not wheel it again but when the new ones can be found as salvage and cheap, hmm...

E6CF679A-1BEA-4F8B-B2FD-3B319EE14FF9.jpeg

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If that is what you want buy a jeep.
I have done a ifs to sfa swap and it is a pain and the newer the vehicle the harder it is.

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have done a ifs to sfa swap and it is a pain and the newer the vehicle the harder it is.
That's what she said

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can do it the SAS with junkyard 60s and some aftermarket parts for about $5K give or take. If I go with the Ultimate 60s set up with brakes, gears, lockers alone are $15K.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep you are right about being a pain, been there done that more than once. As for a SAS Bronco no one has one... That is why.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2 jeeps, and if I was to buy another I'd most likely rip out stock suspension and axles within a year or two...so it's really not that different cost wise from how jeep builds go. What's different is tech stuff...that's why we are floating these ideas now...trying to figure out a rough plan! Hopefully some amarket companies fab some stuff to help, but we shall see
Sponsored