First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 2 jeeps, and if I was to buy another I'd most likely rip out stock suspension and axles within a year or two...so it's really not that different cost wise from how jeep builds go. What's different is tech stuff...that's why we are floating these ideas now...trying to figure out a rough plan! Hopefully some amarket companies fab some stuff to help, but we shall see
Thank you for adding some intelligence to the conversation.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 2 jeeps, and if I was to buy another I'd most likely rip out stock suspension and axles within a year or two...so it's really not that different cost wise from how jeep builds go. What's different is tech stuff...that's why we are floating these ideas now...trying to figure out a rough plan! Hopefully some amarket companies fab some stuff to help, but we shall see
It is way, way different to go from IFS on a new truck to SFA, than going from a solid axle to another solid axle. Completely different level of complexity. Worlds different.

Go read on the FJ forums about those very few that did it. Complex, expensive, problem prone.....not worth it in any way from a value or capability standpoint, over just upgrading the IFS. The only way it is worth it is if you just have to be different and only care about that, and then, more power to you. Good luck. All this by the way is just theorizing, since no one has actually said they plan on buying a base and swapping to a solid axle right away. Not one person that I have seen. For good reason.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aftermarket SAS conversion will be available a lot fast than most here think.

I'd love to see a Ford 9" f/r swap.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aftermarket SAS conversion will be available a lot fast than most here think.

I'd love to see a Ford 9" f/r swap.
when has there ever been a reverse cut 9"...has such a thing been done?

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True High 9

http://www.truehi9.com/

Not for the poors, like me.
But I can look from afar.
From a build/fab standpoint that would be awesome...but would run into some serious $ fast! Still have never seen one built as a front. Now...U wana get nuts? if it can be built as a steerable, why not build 2 right away? 4 wheel steer? Maybe that's what I can use the EPS rack for?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From a build/fab standpoint that would be awesome...but would run into some serious $ fast! Still have never seen one built as a front. Now...U wana get nuts? if it can be built as a steerable, why not build 2 right away? 4 wheel steer? Maybe that's what I can use the EPS rack for?
I agree with you the cost... As for the 4 wheel steer; keep that for 40" - plus tires, which is small with that set up. Probably for a buggy.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the spirit of the American hot rodder is still alive, and I'd venture to say it is, there will be an SAS Bronco. There will be a Bronco on tons. That's what we do, and we figure out how to make it work. Plenty of LS, Coyote and 5.0 swaps to prove it. Lots of cars with chopped tops. All that is needed is the will.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
All steer gets real pricey.
Complexity is very high too.
I've never even really looked into them, let alone built.
That's way above my league. ;)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you the cost... As for the 4 wheel steer; keep that for 40" - plus tires, which is small with that set up. Probably for a buggy.
What I'm thinking is a light weight version of what they do w/rockwells. Realistically I want to keep the weight within reason...the rockwells are just too heavy for anything w/out a mountain motor to be streetable

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
A 9" without that sweet 3rd pinion bearing seems pretty pointless to me.
All the cost. None of the strength. ?‍♂

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All steer gets real pricey.
Complexity is very high too.
I've never even really looked into them, let alone built.
That's way above my league. ;)
it's not very complicated when the steering is full hydro...but that gets into street legal issues. We are just riffing here ;)
Sponsored