First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm definitely interested in SAS. Probably after warranty is up. I get bashed alot for saying it though! It's something I want to do for the knowledge, and to help out others who might want it. IFS is a glass celing type of deal. Of course if the IFS turns out to be as unbeleiveably awesome as everyone here keeps telling me, I guess I will just forget all about it?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No I will take it on the trails day 1. It needs to be able to go where my xj does. There is one pretty hairy rock climb...I'm gonna see if it will do it stock 1st! Hopefully I will have some vids to post in less than a year!

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also agree that getting a used Jeep would be better. However if you just like the looks of the Bronco, want something really hardcore, and have the money to to it, I'd say go for it.

It's not something I'd do, but I won't be a hardcore off-roader.

I've watched 4runners that had a IFS that did really well in hardcore situations. There may be some aftermarket stuff for the Bronco that will make it much more capable without changing to a solid axle. Not sure which would be the cheaper route

Just my take, I don't have a lot of knowledge on this stuff.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 Threads
2 Messages
Things that have been discussed at length before in this community

Minimum post count, please! People are using threads on this site like the Google search box.
thats what happens when you have 165,000+ people waiting around for B&P.

just wait till next year. Then you get to sift thru the multiple “whats the best winch” Or “what’s the best motor oil”, “who makes the best tire”. Those always seem to come up on forums.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No I will take it on the trails day 1. It needs to be able to go where my xj does. There is one pretty hairy rock climb...I'm gonna see if it will do it stock 1st! Hopefully I will have some vids to post in less than a year!
heck, where is the vid of the XD? ill check it out now. I’m just sitting here waiting on stupid B&P.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most definitely! I will try to get side by side comparisons of my xj, my fsb, and the new bronco tackling similar obstacles. The Jeep club does their shindig 1st week of june up there...unlikely I will have mine by then, but who knows?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thats what happens when you have 165,000+ people waiting around for B&P.

just wait till next year. Then you get to sift thru the multiple “whats the best winch” Or “what’s the best motor oil”, “who makes the best tire”. Those always seem to come up on forums.
Oh, I know it's coming. That's why I'm pleading for the forum controls to be enabled now.

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to wheel it stock and wait for Currie to come out with a reasonable sas. Y'all need to get out there there are literally thousands of people buying brand new jeep jl rubicons and in a month have one tons and a hemi swap underway. Solid axles under broncos will be more common sooner than you think. I think starting with the base is a really cheap way to get into a legit off-road build.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will agree with you all a squatch bronco is going to be very capable. But as soon as you want to do 37s or 40s and more hardcore trails the ifs will need to go bye bye and on the jeeps Dana 60s are a must. So swapping axles has to be done anyway whether it's a jeep or a bronco for 40s

OP
OP
Evanks

Evanks

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, I know it's coming. That's why I'm pleading for the forum controls to be enabled now.
Oh I'm sorry that I'm bored with the posts of people wanting to see colors and interiors. Some of us have other interests in the bronco.
Sponsored