Sponsored

Hardtop pricing from Ford for those that switched to soft top.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Ford did was level with you and say, “hey, the hard tops are a constraint, but if you’d like a vehicle sooner, you can order it in soft top”. That’s all you should get. I’m not expecting a half priced tow package next year simply because I dropped mine to get my Bronco faster.

My plan with the soft top is to be thankful it’s set up for a hard top, wait about three years while enjoying my soft top, and then look at the proven after-market stuff and make another free, informed decision.
You said it. I believe if Ford hadn't suggested that reservation holders switch over... they would have built all those soft tops anyway... and those would have gone straight to dealer stock with stupid ADM.

Then we'd all be pissed Ford didn't give us a shot at them before giving the dealers all that extra stock.

There's no "cutting in line" when all those Broncos would have been built before yours anyway. Seriously, would you rather all those softies go to res holders or walk-ins?

Can people get over the fact that hard tops were getting bumped to the back of the line no matter whether people here switched their orders or not?

I decided not to budge from a 2dr... knowing that my dealer would probably run out of '22 allocations before my July 20 res ever gets a VIN. Not happy about that, but I'm not compromising. I hope there's a kick ass new color in '23 when have to reorder.

Last edited:

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted dual tops from the beginning, so I decided to take the soft top route. I still really want a hard top eventually. They look so good! I don't mind waiting a year or two so they can caught up on orders. It is only fair. I just hope that Ford doesn't decide to charge an outrageous price when they did encouraged people to switch to get it sooner. In the realm of 4-5k, and I am happy. Over that, we will see. This is the route I chose. No matter what I can't blame Ford, I just want a fair deal.

I was just thinking. Since I decide to switch to soft top, it is pretty much a self-inflicted ADM lol. We will call it an ACM (Additional Customer Markup). :LOL:

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wanted dual tops from the beginning, so I decided to take the soft top route. I still really want a hard top eventually. They look so good! I don't mind waiting a year or two so they can caught up on orders. It is only fair. I just hope that Ford doesn't decide to charge an outrageous price when they did encouraged people to switch to get it sooner. In the realm of 4-5k, and I am happy. Over that, we will see. This is the route I chose. No matter what I can't blame Ford, I just want a fair deal.

I was just thinking. Since I decide to switch to soft top, it is pretty much a self-inflicted ADM lol. We will call it an ACM (Additional Customer Markup). :LOL:
This! i was in the same boat. soft top overall is pretty good, but there are times where it would be nice to have a hard top (longer trips, winter, etc). Hopefully they will be out soon for us!

CooterBrownATX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a day one order that switched to a soft top to get the order filled during the original hard top 1.0 fiasco. I just started looking at getting a hard top and expected to pay under $1K for the OEM version since that was the markup for it. LOL. Guess I'll just suck it up and get the Advanced Fiberglass one piece instead.

The soft top, while fun for the 4 months a year the weather is good enough for it, is just miserable during the summer. The AC cannot keep up with 100+ degrees every day. The backseats are unusable without vents in back and the front seats are barely comfortable. Hopefully, it's better with a hard top.

Sponsored

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was a day one order that switched to a soft top to get the order filled during the original hard top 1.0 fiasco. I just started looking at getting a hard top and expected to pay under $1K for the OEM version since that was the markup for it. LOL. Guess I'll just suck it up and get the Advanced Fiberglass one piece instead.

The soft top, while fun for the 4 months a year the weather is good enough for it, is just miserable during the summer. The AC cannot keep up with 100+ degrees every day. The backseats are unusable without vents in back and the front seats are barely comfortable. Hopefully, it's better with a hard top.
You might need to get your A/C checked. I have a softtop in Arizona and consistently have days +110 degrees and no issues at all. My daughter always sits in the backseat and the other day was hunched over because she said the AC blowing on her was too cold. That being said, I always auto-start about 1 min before I head out....def helps to have it pre-cooled before hoping in on those super hot days.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed mine does just fine and I'm an Eskimo. It also helps to lower a window an inch or so to help the ac push out the hot air.

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I didn’t go through all seven pages, but didn’t find a price for the hard top. Any info from dealerships on potential costs or a discount for those that switch to ST to expedite order?

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I didn’t go through all seven pages, but didn’t find a price for the hard top. Any info from dealerships on potential costs or a discount for those that switch to ST to expedite order?
I know member flip (who is a dealer here) priced everything to put a MIC top together a few months ago, and it was $10K. Prices may have possibly come down some, but expect to still pay over $7K.
Sponsored