Sponsored

Has anyone ran Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic oil in their Broncos? Had any issues?

OP
OP
Jimbob007

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been a minute, so here's an update for those curious...as of Thursday the dealership started working on my Bronco, I presume currently unhooking everything from the engine to take it out. They had a part on backorder that showed up along with some one time use stuff that they forgot to initially order...so hopefully the swap will be done early next week. Then there's a couple of silly recall things I'm having them fix
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m running Penzoil Ultra Platinum for about 4k miles now without issue.
I'm at 29,000 miles. No issues.

Cold wouldn't do that. We drove to Colorado and got stuck due to darkness in the mountains and had to camp. Temps dropped below 32 degrees - drove back to Florida with no issues at all.

OP
OP
Jimbob007

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm at 29,000 miles. No issues.

Cold wouldn't do that. We drove to Colorado and got stuck due to darkness in the mountains and had to camp. Temps dropped below 32 degrees - drove back to Florida with no issues at all.
I'm of the opinion it was probably coolant intrusion

OP
OP
Jimbob007

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
She's back! I went to pick her up earlier, and everything seems in order. She runs good so far. It appears the tech took it on a 30 mile test drive to verify the fix. Besides replacing the long block (I assume that means engine), they apparently replaced the turbo as well due to contaminated oil passages
Sponsored