First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guy buys stolen Braptor "cheap" and tax free, using cash and the system.
Guy then tries to flip the stolen Bronco for a profit.
Guy either gets impatient or can't find anyone as gullible as him, so he trades it in on a truck.
Dealer discovers the scam and takes truck back.
Guy is out the money, but flexes that he'll make it up quickly due to multi-million dollar parts business.
B6G has two days of entertainment while waiting for the next shit show.
You should have added that OP's original story has morphed and wilted during 24 pages of cross examination by the B6G prosecution.
- Thread title is "Help: ...." Later OP stated this post is just a cautionary tale for other folks out there.
- OP has stated several times he is a Ford guy through and through. Except the only other vehicle he references is a clapped out Taco.
- OP initially stated he bought the Braptor and quickly figured out it wouldn't work for his multimillion dollar parts business run out of this Taco so he chose to trade it in on a new Raptor F-150. Later he admitted he purchased it to flip it.
- OP said the mileage and sellers story added up in his mind but the posted/forged documents pretty much prove that the Braptor was never in Alaska.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You should have added that OP's original story has morphed and wilted during 24 pages of cross examination by the B6G prosecution.
- Thread title is "Help: ...." Later OP stated this post is just a cautionary tale for other folks out there.
- OP has stated several times he is a Ford guy through and through. Except the only other vehicle he references is a clapped out Taco.
- OP initially stated he bought the Braptor and quickly figured out it wouldn't work for his multimillion dollar parts business run out of this Taco so he chose to trade it in on a new Raptor F-150. Later he admitted he purchased it to flip it.
- OP said the mileage and sellers story added up in his mind but the posted/forged documents pretty much prove that the Braptor was never in Alaska.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Pretty much. Although when I did wash it definitely had some sort of salt and winter ish weather so it did trek some where. I also found a pine cone lodged in the engine bay by the intake. random. I ive been rotating cars for some time now the last 3-4 years but choose to limit it to one nice new vehicle.
I had a 2011 Gt in 2016 I traded in for the Tacoma. Over time I did the kings methods baja pods the full starter kit. It was my first ever dealer purchase. Then I started my business and messed around with profits with second cars. So I got a 2012 gt 5.0 grabber blue track pack my second ford (bought for 13.5 divorce sale / sold for 18) / isf 2 of them (first one 16.5 sold 19 | Second one paid 20 sold for 18 / gt3 (98k but it fell into my lap my family friend passed drove it 2 years sold it 112) / turbo s (only had it 2 months paid 135 sold for 135 broke even and got nervous on the car market and needed funds for down payment to house. Should have never sold it because I got the bug again and turned into a full loss. The F150 was avalanche gray and fully loaded. Loved the color and the girlfriend loves cement vehicles so I knew shed love it. Bronco had the damage cig smoke shit like that. I was already close to a new vehicle I felt so may as well just get a new one I can call mine. Bought bed liner and all that stuff for it which I then gave to the dealer as some of my heavy boxes scratched the metal bed

Last edited:

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As a foreigner here... Even if you expected it to be stolen, doing the deal at the MVD is the due diligence you'd take to put that to bed no?

I've certainly never checked if my vehicles were vin swapped. See the title, have the DMV (registry in Canada) check its legit, check/clear the lien... I'm on my way.

Sponsored

ezatx

Base
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 USMC IFAV, 2010 911, 2023 Base mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's fucking nuts

Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Etc. Etc. Etc.
Yeah, nothing quite adds up unless he has a “cash” business on the side ;)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Etc. Etc. Etc.
This. Page after page of conflicting/changing details by the OP who has yet to contact the FBI or the 6g member who volunteered to help. I would use the term victim very loosely here.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This. Page after page of conflicting/changing details by the OP who has yet to contact the FBI or the 6g member who volunteered to help. I would use the term victim very loosely here.
I talked to him on the phone for an hour gotta tell you that to? Most shit on here is useless anyways everyone in their own world he forwarded everything

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to take the OP's side for a minute here. He did the transaction in person at the MVD (DMV for out of state folks). MVD titled it. MVD also failed to notice the VIN had been tampered with. Obviously the MVD folks are not forensic experts...

But, that's what I would do on a deal that felt even a little bit sketchy, meet at the actual MVD for the paperwork. If the State Government says it's legit...

The actual lesson here is "don't buy a vehicle on an out of state title" unless it's from a friend or family.
Nothing wrong with buying a vehicle on an out of state title. I know I’ll be looking at things way more closely if I ever purchase a car privately. This story definitely opened my eyes, to be bold enough to go into the DMV tells me these are professional scammers.

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Brand new 2023, 6500 miles and you already lost a key? That was the key part, one key.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.