First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Brand new 2023, 6500 miles and you already lost a key? That was the key part, one key.
One key to me isnt a redflag but guess it could be. I only got one. Keys get lost didn't really think twice about it. Girls especially lose their stuff id say or atleast my girlfriend does. Ive had one key on some cars 2 on others.
Sponsored

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Greetings everyone I am Nick from Phoenix and I once had a bronco raptor but I am in a tough situation currently and figured I would try one last shot of help. No attorney is helping me , private investigator , or ford corporate. I am currently out 75k and my Bronco raptor that I feel I deserve back. I am not new to forums or the truck world I come from a land over at tacomaworld.com over 5-6 years now. Geico my insurance company is trying to help me but not getting much (ive been completely transparent with them and they couldn't believe the story but are fairly invested). Just looking for SOME help from the community

Everyone bare with me and take this thread down if need be. Please no insults im already screwed out the money anyway

STORY:
I purchased a new ish ford bronco raptor (2023 model) off craigslist (March 27). About 10 days or so after purchase I realized I needed a truck (April 11). I traded it into the Chapman Ford (The Bronco) for a new Ford raptor. I had it for 10 days. I get a call Tuesday April 18 from the dealer to immediately bring it back (new car in my possession and registered to me now). Well the thing was stolen (the bronco I bought) BUT from the Ford factory (from the plant). They have over 4 million dollars in Broncos mustang and F150s missing publicly on the news. Now when i bought this Bronco it was a cash deal seller wanted cash only. I do my due diligence I run the carfax comes back clean, I check the door vin to the title it's a match. I check the car vin to the window its a match. Final step the next day I tell him meet me at the DMV he meets me at the DMV. We go in with his title it clears boom I have a Arizona title to this bronco my name the exact vin everything. All is good. Well now I am out the vehicle I purchased and 75 thousand dollars (from the bronco). The Ford dealer is giving it back to Ford. Apparently Ford already got their insurance payout (from the lost bronco). I am out my brand new raptor I also bought as I was forced to return it and the Bronco confiscated. The original vin does not come back stolen either when searched in a national database. I believe Ford corporate should be held liable for losing over 70-80 vehicles from their factory plant? I had to speak to the police and prove I didn't originally take the vehicle and everything.

Over 4.8 million in theft off their lot and of all people I had one in my possession unknowing.

Second I have lots of documentation and photos of person who sold it to me but not their real name / was a cash deal / and alot of paper work saved still with me (records from alaska and California)

The vin I had: 1FMEE5JR6PLB12341

THE REAL VIN IT WAS AND A 2022 ACTUALLY: 1FMEE5JRXNLA50665

Its still sitting locked up at the dealer today. I believe the vehicle is now useless and in reality would be great to just have it back and enjoy it with a branded title till it dies.
Sending you good luck, this is an incredibly frustrating situation. A couple years back I bought a phone off craigslist to save some money and it was stolen and locked. I didn't realize until it was too late. Haven't used the site since. I tried to track down the scammer using the little info I had on them but it never led anywhere. Really hoping you have better luck.

Sponsored

RX8

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel bad for the OP. This story is a cautionary tale for anyone buying a used car, especially a hugely expensive vehicle at a price thousands of dollars below market value found on Craigslist. These criminals are very good at what they do and while the OP performed some due diligence it still left him vulnerable.

Unfortunately, this is not Ford’s fault so there will be no monetary reimbursement. The OP purchased a stolen vehicle. whoever purchases a stolen vehicle can go back to the person who sold it to them for recourse. That is why the dealership who took the Bronco in on trade backed out of the deal with the OP once they found out it was stolen. The OP’s only recourse is to find the person who sold the Bronco to him and sue them to get his money back. The story about conflict of interest with multiple attorneys the OP contacted sounds bizarre. No way all those attorneys have a working relationship with the dealership. The dealership is not even liable for the OP’s stolen vehicle so not sure why taking this case would be a conflict of interest. Maybe the OP told the attorney he wanted to sue the dealership and they declined knowing there wasn’t a case.

I am not an attorney but I watch a lot of TV.

OP
OP

ONCEHADABRAPTOR

Raptor
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I feel bad for the OP. This story is a cautionary tale for anyone buying a used car, especially a hugely expensive vehicle at a price thousands of dollars below market value found on Craigslist. These criminals are very good at what they do and while the OP performed some due diligence it still left him vulnerable.

Unfortunately, this is not Ford’s fault so there will be no monetary reimbursement. The OP purchased a stolen vehicle. whoever purchases a stolen vehicle can go back to the person who sold it to them for recourse. That is why the dealership who took the Bronco in on trade backed out of the deal with the OP once they found out it was stolen. The OP’s only recourse is to find the person who sold the Bronco to him and sue them to get his money back. The story about conflict of interest with multiple attorneys the OP contacted sounds bizarre. No way all those attorneys have a working relationship with the dealership. The dealership is not even liable for the OP’s stolen vehicle so not sure why taking this case would be a conflict of interest. Maybe the OP told the attorney he wanted to sue the dealership and they declined knowing there wasn’t a case.

I am not an attorney but I watch a lot of TV.
Ya no idea why and to be honest the story was copy and pasted to every attorney (the op post) I added some more detail here as we are car guys they must be not. I tried emailing or calling several in the auto world of attorney some references I was given as well all same thing. Some didn't even talk to because they dont even answer and I have to explain my story to a probably 18 year old office girl which she has to relay.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would start with the vin number you have must be a salvage bronco bought for parts. find out where it came from who owned it first.
It was stolen from a dealer, has nothing to do with a salvage title. The scammers cloned the VIN and it was caught when the OP traded it in. Dealer took back the Raptor F150 that he traded it for, since the trade-in was a stolen vehicle.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you call Homeland security (TSA) yet? Those bag tags will have exactly who they are. SEA has some very sophisticated cameras all over and ONT is a smaller airport, so they would be easy to pickup.

Easiest piece to the puzzle is the bag tag information.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya no idea why and to be honest the story was copy and pasted to every attorney (the op post) I added some more detail here as we are car guys they must be not. I tried emailing or calling several in the auto world of attorney some references I was given as well all same thing. Some didn't even talk to because they dont even answer and I have to explain my story to a probably 18 year old office girl which she has to relay.
But you have never said what you need an attorney for? To sue the dealership? To sue the seller? Sue Ford because they had vehicles stolen from them? Sue the insurance company? To defend you against upcoming charges? What?

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Soooo.....which one of you is 'John' ?
Sponsored

Status