First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If 50% of the world's cars are electric by 2050 that will be a total reduction of global C02 emissions of about 3.5%.
How is that calculated?
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How is that calculated?
From this article and a quote: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikesc...en-the-power-comes-from-coal/?sh=3f2ed8212320

"The study projects that by 2050, half of cars on the roads could be electric, leading to a reduction in global CO2 emissions of up to 1.5 gigatons per year, which is the same as the total current CO2 emissions of Russia."

Currently we are at about 36.5 gigatons globaly but estimates have that rising to 43 gigatons by 2030, mostly due to India, China, and other developing nations.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

From this article and a quote: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikesc...en-the-power-comes-from-coal/?sh=3f2ed8212320

"The study projects that by 2050, half of cars on the roads could be electric, leading to a reduction in global CO2 emissions of up to 1.5 gigatons per year, which is the same as the total current CO2 emissions of Russia."

Currently we are at about 36.5 gigatons globaly but estimates have that rising to 43 gigatons by 2030, mostly due to India, China, and other developing nations.
3.5-5% is a pretty big dent when coming from just EV's,. Keep in mind that transportation only represents 14% CO2 globally (2010 data and its closer to 29% in the us). Thats cutting 25% off the emissions from one sector. pretty decent imho

although 30years is a long time

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3.5-5% is a pretty big dent when coming from just EV's,. Keep in mind that transportation only represents 14% CO2 globally (2010 data and its closer to 29% in the us). Thats cutting 25% off the emissions from one sector. pretty decent imho

although 30years is a long time
It is a long time and it will be interesting to see the market share growth of EV’s over the next decade or two. I love the low maintenance and performance of my Tesla that drives like new at 126k miles. I would buy another electric vehicle but I’m not ready to give up my diesel for towing just yet.

Last edited:

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Re: charging stations

I just drove from Montana to Wisconsin. I used to poo-poo electric vehicles saying “how will you ever drive an electric vehicle across eastern Montana or North Dakota ?”. Well, I now have to eat my words, there are charging stations all over the place now. Including some remote places that really surprised me.
Can you get a 400 mile charge in 10 minutes?

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you get a 400 mile charge in 10 minutes?
I have no idea.

I have never driven an electric vehicle and I don’t know what their range is, nor how fast they charge.

My comment that you responded to was my observation that I have been seeing charging stations appear in remote areas that I had not previously seen them.

It sounds like you are trolling to try try to make some kind of point. Sorry I could not help you.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And where do you charge it in rural America or rural trails?

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And where do you charge it in rural America or rural trails?
In rural America.... at your house, overnight. How many miles do you drive in a day?

Even if it were more than the range of a proposed EV Bronco. It doesn't mean it isn't a product worth selling. It would fit plenty of folks driving habits.

Let's not pretend every bronco is going to be on a trail or even in rural America.

"Mark Allen, head of design at Jeep, told ABC News in September 2019 that 10% to 15% of customers take their Wranglers off-road."

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have no idea.

I have never driven an electric vehicle and I don’t know what their range is, nor how fast they charge.

My comment that you responded to was my observation that I have been seeing charging stations appear in remote areas that I had not previously seen them.

It sounds like you are trolling to try try to make some kind of point. Sorry I could not help you.
Don't think he was trolling. Too many places where a charging station can't be that could leave you stranded. Can always carry a gas can or two to limp you to a fuel station.

Practical for some vehicles, but not really on a true enthusiast's vehicle. I guess if it was being used as a city person toy, but not for those in rural areas or using them on remote trails as many will be.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'd be more interested in a hybrid that made a fuel engine more efficient than an ev unit
Sponsored