Sponsored

Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
midwestpilot

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone who argues against electric vehicles because of fossil fuel electricity generation has a fundamental misunderstanding of the lifetime ecological benefit, and is arguing in the past. Oil and coal fired plants are being shutdown at a rapid rate and solar and wind has become far more profitable at existing infrastructure rates. It’s happening, and no amount of yelling will change that.

But beyond that, again think of the absolute cool factor of electric off-roading vehicles once some of these issues are solved. Electric vehicles lend themselves to modularity and while some of the components are complex, major pieces could be swapped on the field more easily. And again just think of how cool it would be to go ona trail and have no range anxiety at all because as long as you can see the sky or have moving water around, you’d have a way to stay topped off. Wouldn’t that be incredible? Plus on a vehicle like the Bronco you could have 500+ horsepower and torque. That’s insane. I’d love that.

The fact is we can argue all day about this but the data is there and a quick fact check shows rapid adoption of clean energy generation and electric vehicles. The economic push is there, it’s just a matter of time tulle the flop in that direction happens as a whole.

Im still buying my V6 Bronco, but the moment an electric comes out I’m there.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ask any kid do you want an electric scooter or a gas mini bike for christmas ?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ask any kid do you want an electric scooter or a gas mini bike for christmas ?
As a kid I wanted anything that went fast. I didn't care how or why. My mountain bike went real fast with no fuel. My 1965 snowmobile went fast spewing all kinds of shit. Didn't even think about it.

It's us adults that worry about stuff like that.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I wasn't, till now...

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've only driven gas powered vehicles since the early 1970's. But I could see myself with an electric vehicle someday. As long as the range is ok and there are plenty of charging stations around.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I'm not sure if the Bronco will be offered with fully electric windows and seats.

In all seriousness though, I'm very happy with the gas option. I won't say I will never own an all electric vehicle because you never know what the future holds LOL.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've only driven gas powered vehicles since the early 1970's. But I could see myself with an electric vehicle someday. As long as the range is ok and there are plenty of charging stations around.
I have a reserve on a cybertruck bet it comes before the bronco lol.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think fully electric would be cool, and they should do it along with the F-150.

However, I personally need the comfort of a half step PHEV version. There are a lot of places I’d like to go that have long hauls between charges on the road, and proving out how much trail crawling you can do between charges.

(I guess you could trailer a solar array like Mark Watney ....)

OP
OP
midwestpilot

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think fully electric would be cool, and they should do it along with the F-150.

However, I personally need the comfort of a half step PHEV version. There are a lot of places I’d like to go that have long hauls between charges on the road, and proving out how much trail crawling you can do between charges.

(I guess you could trailer a solar array like Mark Watney ....)
I’m growing potatoes in the back of mine. Ya know, just in case.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This was probably my biggest disappointment when the Bronco was revealed. I don’t think the gas version will be obsolete for a very long time though. I imagine there will be plenty of time for it to maintain its resale value even with the advent of hybrid tech. I have heavily looked into the Wrangler 4XE which I considered ordering instead. Only problem is they don’t have pricing for it yet, although I was told I could order one with a 5000 dollar non refundable deposit, which was a solid no.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol. They literally are.

Gas vehicles will still be around for a long time but you're out to lunch if you think fossil fuels will be around forever.
I don't think any of us who prefer "fossil fuel" vehicles over electric are out to lunch. We choose not to stop and plug in somewhere but to fill up instead.

Deleted member 13702

That cartoon represents a small minded point of view. With all the energy options out there, from wind, solar, tidal, natural gas, to full on fusion reactors(like the one china is building), small minded points of view like this only surpress these technologies. There was a time, very distant from now, when America had dreams, and built those dreams. Nothing could stop us, which is how we became the country that developed the atomic bomb, nuclear reactors, and put a man on the moon. Yet anytime people talk about energy independence it's thought of as a pipe dream and people are mocked back into submission.
Have we become a country that is so set in our ways that we have forgotten how to dream and build big? I hope not. Companies like Tesla have inspired other companies to think differently. Which is why there is a mustang mach E. We should be encouraging the same ideas in our energy industry. Why is it so hard to see that the longer we live in the past, the more the future will pass us by.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not the most informed person when it comes to electric vehicles and I have not read this entire thread. I work for a RR and have an understanding of how locomotives work. Here is what I want in an electric vehicle. electric motors at each corner that draw from batteries and a small efficient gas motor to maintain the charge on the batteries when on long hauls. I have no interest in extended periods of down time waiting for the batteries to charge. Hybrid for extended distance driving, full electric for local only.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.