Sponsored

Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
midwestpilot

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-3 years is beyond a pipe dream, you only have to convert 97.4% of the market, maybe 10-20 years is closer to reality.

Sales of electric cars topped 2.1 million globally in 2019, surpassing 2018 – already a record year – to boost the stock to 7.2 million electric cars. 1 Electric cars, which accounted for 2.6% of global car sales and about 1% of global car stock in 2019, registered a 40% year-on-year increase.

https://www.iea.org/reports/global-ev-outlook-2020
I feel like you’re way reading into what I’m saying lol. 2-3 years may become the tipping point. Widespread adoption is 10-20 years out yeah. But closer than people think once it hits critical mass. Not trying to start a fight in this thread with gas fans.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I feel like you’re way reading into what I’m saying lol. 2-3 years may become the tipping point. Widespread adoption is 10-20 years out yeah. But closer than people think once it hits critical mass. Not trying to start a fight in this thread with gas fans.
No replacement for displacement...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Live in the Appalachians. Hybrid would be doable. All electric, no...

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have driven Tesla’s. I actually ship them out of California.

They are super fast and really quiet. But when that battery is dead you can’t even get into the car. Not only can you not get into the car, you can’t even access the door handle to try to open the door. I believe there is some kind of work around to crawling through the frunk but it’s really frustrating.

I couldn’t imagine how helpless I would feel being off road or in the middle of nowhere highway and I can’t even get back in to my car and wait for a tow truck.
Wasn't there a story a while back about a guy who got in his Tesla and drove out into the desert. Couldn't get back in his car because he was using his phone and had no service. He didn't bring the key fob because Tesla recommends using the app as the primary way to get into and start your car.
I hate carrying keys, but will never trust my phone and an app for getting into my car.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you looked at the R1S and R1T? If you're thinking about a Bronco then those are more likely to be your bag than the Cybertruck is.
I have, yeah. I love the idea of the R1S. I’m not a giant fan of the headlights but even less so the $70k starting price.

The spec sheet on the cyber truck is absolutely insane especially for the money. It’s looks tho. Only a mother (or father in Elon’s case) could love.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The horse analogy is a good one. And there are more horses alive today than in 1900 — nearly all of them live better lives. Petrol engines aren’t going to completely disappear they’ll just be more of a niche product for enthusiasts.

You currently sit on a near vertical exponential curve of technology. The range/battery/charging questions will be solved without question.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol. They literally are.

Gas vehicles will still be around for a long time but you're out to lunch if you think fossil fuels will be around forever.
They’ll be around longer than your bronco. Explain the electric replacement for an airplane? If it weren't for subsidies electric cars would not
Be at all viable economically.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. They literally are.

Gas vehicles will still be around for a long time but you're out to lunch if you think fossil fuels will be around forever.
I am glad we are exploring and implementing other sources of energy. Let us not forget that the electricity that is charging the batteries comes from somewhere...coal, oil, nuclear-powered plants, hydro and some other sources. Basically, if you don't put solar panels on the vehicle there is a good chance the electricity it is using still comes from fossil fuels.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have zero interest in a purely electric vehicle now and in the next few generations of horrifically destructive battery technology.

Beyond lack of infrastructure, the EV industry is polluting at levels not seen since the world was at war and in new and exciting ways.
That's part of what's been bugging me.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am glad we are exploring and implementing other sources of energy. Let us not forget that the electricity that is charging the batteries comes from somewhere...coal, oil, nuclear-powered plants, hydro and some other sources. Basically, if you don't put solar panels on the vehicle there is a good chance the electricity it is using still comes from fossil fuels.
You're right but I don't think anyone doesn't realize that at some point down the line fossil fuels are used to produce electricity.

My province gets 97% of its power from hydro. Hydro is not without its ecological issues either, and fossil fuels, are still used in day to day operations of those plants and the grid as a whole but its still, by far, mostly a renewable resource.

No energy source is without its troubles, even solar.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bad memes are stupid too.

This is a diesel van, towing a battery cell, charging an electric car.

I get the humour of the meme but it's not like this is how all EVs are being charged.

The "future" will not be without its troubles either. EVs aren't a silver bullet to the ICE.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that picture from the future? Didn't think so.

It's the present that's stupid. Once we improve battery technology the future will be just fine.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have zero interest in a purely electric vehicle now and in the next few generations of horrifically destructive battery technology.

Beyond lack of infrastructure, the EV industry is polluting at levels not seen since the world was at war and in new and exciting ways.
That's part of what's been bugging me.
Ford Bronco Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas? 1607337401481

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

main-qimg-cf4ae668fe67f7dcebfc2053520721b9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.