First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have one on the way as well. @BigMeatsBronco is it physically bolted in yet? I'm hoping that the PSCM is blank and will accept software for any trim. I've replaced several Ford electric racks, and generally they work out of the box, but need programming for vehicle options like lane keep assist and collision avoidance. 10hrs to install a rack? That's nuts. I'll try and do a writeup when I get mine so DIY folks can have some idea of what it really takes to do it. Also wana find out if the vehicle is driveable once it's installed, but not flashed.

EDIT: I just lokked up labor time on Alldata for the rack. 6.5 hrs plus alignment! What on earth can be so difficult about this rack?

SECOND EDIT: Now I see, the front dropout has to come completely off the vehicle...UUUGH!
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one on the way as well. @BigMeatsBronco is it physically bolted in yet? I'm hoping that the PSCM is blank and will accept software for any trim. I've replaced several Ford electric racks, and generally they work out of the box, but need programming for vehicle options like lane keep assist and collision avoidance. 10hrs to install a rack? That's nuts. I'll try and do a writeup when I get mine so DIY folks can have some idea of what it really takes to do it. Also wana find out if the vehicle is driveable once it's installed, but not flashed.

EDIT: I just lokked up labor time on Alldata for the rack. 6.5 hrs plus alignment! What on earth can be so difficult about this rack?

SECOND EDIT: Now I see, the front dropout has to come completely off the vehicle...UUUGH!
Yeah the whole front axle has to come out

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well here it is folks it showed up and she sure is sexy in a beefy way!!!!

Ford wants $1700 to do the install but can't seem to get the programming or calibration for it🤔🤪🫣🫢🤭

Anyway I'll devise a solution very soon since Ford's programming team is slow and well just plain dumb. ( Maybe this is why some folks have got their new WT yet....their built but the programming is way behind....

I'll keep the community informed and up to date on this awesome upgrade as it progresses.

PXL_20220811_215551912.jpg

PXL_20220811_220409717.jpg
woohoo!! Cant wait to hear how you like it

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

following. good luck OP. If this works they're going to sell a bunch of these I think.

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, awesome and bookmarked. Watching in anticipation - prolly gonna order and let her sit. See what you crazy kids figure out over the next month or two... Good luck!! 👍👍

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Other than the inner and outer tie rods, what is different/improved on the rack itself?

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well here it is folks it showed up and she sure is sexy in a beefy way!!!!

Ford wants $1700 to do the install but can't seem to get the programming or calibration for it🤔🤪🫣🫢🤭

Anyway I'll devise a solution very soon since Ford's programming team is slow and well just plain dumb. ( Maybe this is why some folks have got their new WT yet....their built but the programming is way behind....

I'll keep the community informed and up to date on this awesome upgrade as it progresses.

PXL_20220811_215551912.jpg

PXL_20220811_220409717.jpg
I have a WT w/Hoss 3.0 What exavtly is there to program or calibrate? Honest question

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a WT w/Hoss 3.0 What exavtly is there to program or calibrate? Honest question
It comes with a new PSCM and it’s blank on arrival. I am really curious if you can bolt in the old one and get some magic.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On yours nothing. The OP is trying to install the hoss 3.0 rack in a first edition. We all think there is a way to make it work...but nobody's done it yet

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the distinct advantages of this rack over the standard one? The tie rods look beefed up but curious about other upgrades it has.

Sponsored

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is what I tell everyone looking at this as a DIY upgrade..... changing the tie rods, easy; upgrading to fox 2.5s harder, but not too bad if you are comfortable with compressing springs; but the rack requires a little more effort just to get to it and then programing. When I was up underneath mine installing new aluminum skids, I looked the rack over as much as I could (can't really see much with everything in there). This is pretty much the one thing I am glad 99'd and modified to get, even though the fox 2.5s will likely be taken off in the near future for adjustables.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are the distinct advantages of this rack over the standard one? The tie rods look beefed up but curious about other upgrades it has.
It is the heavy duty steering rack off the bronco raptor. If you make the tie rods stouter or beefed up to take on more impact without failure the rack is the next in line to receive that energy/force. Newton's 3rd law..... Specifically, I believe the housing an internals are bigger and built/designed for more abuse.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is the heavy duty steering rack off the bronco raptor. If you make the tie rods stouter or beefed up to take on more impact without failure the rack is the next in line to receive that energy/force. Newton's 3rd law..... Specifically, I believe the housing an internals are bigger and built/designed for more abuse.
The raptor is HOSS 4.0, are you sure it has the same rack?

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The raptor is HOSS 4.0, are you sure it has the same rack?
Yes. Hoss 4.0 refers to the shocks (live valve shocks on the raptor). Hoss 3 Wildtrak's and raptor broncos share the same steering rack and tie rods.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Hoss 4.0 refers to the shocks (live valve shocks on the raptor). Hoss 3 Wildtrak's and raptor broncos share the same steering rack and tie rods.
I wouldn’t think the tie rods would be the same if the Raptor is wider??
Sponsored