steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's been a lot of talk about bronze bushings, I just don't recall if we knew 74Weld was using them in their rack.
I'm sure most of you guys are following the other thread, but just in case...

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1680041449412

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's been a lot of talk about bronze bushings, I just don't recall if we knew 74Weld was using them in their rack.
I'm sure most of you guys are following the other thread, but just in case...

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1680041449412
Exodus 4x4 mentioned that they were going to use oil impregnated bronze bushings or similar in the production rack a while back, but that's the first pic I've seen of them. Gonna be a pretty stout rack for sure.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to flaunt my ignorance some... do all 2023 wildtracks with squatch have the HOSS 3.0 rack?
I tried to build on FORDs website and with squatch it added 3.0 automatically. That being said if so I've got a VIN :geek:.
That being said has anyone tried to install on a 2023 Badlands without the vin change? Just wondered if they may have just added it across all levels. I might try it after my funds recover from buying the Hutchinson wheels.

RM wheel.jpg

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need to flaunt my ignorance some... do all 2023 wildtracks with squatch have the HOSS 3.0 rack?
I tried to build on FORDs website and with squatch it added 3.0 automatically. That being said if so I've got a VIN :geek:.
That being said has anyone tried to install on a 2023 Badlands without the vin change? Just wondered if they may have just added it across all levels. I might try it after my funds recover from buying the Hutchinson wheels.

RM wheel.jpg
Just Wildtrak. Was an option in 22.5, standard on WT in 23 (and up we would assume)
EDIT: Originally all WTs were squatch...don't know if that has changed, but have never heard of a "non-squatch" wildtrak. BL trim was the highest one w/the squatch/no squatch modifier. Has that changed?

Last edited:

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much appreciation for the pioneers on this thread… it’s been an awesome read. Really looking forward to seeing if it’ll be possible to simply obtain a 3.0 rack at some point and bolt it up to my ‘22 2.0 motor and make it work

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RM wheel.jpg
how you gonna put them 5 lugs on yer Bronco? the wheels are awesome tho...glad to hear you got your VIN, finally.

Bronkey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can the dealer program one of these on-vehicle, on a Wildtrak 3.0, then just transplant it to a different Bronco? I don't want to mess with all of the hacking, I just want it to work.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can the dealer program one of these on-vehicle, on a Wildtrak 3.0, then just transplant it to a different Bronco? I don't want to mess with all of the hacking, I just want it to work.
most dealers don't have a clue how to do this. the programming is easy now that we have a system in place that works. a few dealers have contacted me for advice or instructions. I predict the ford pro cal tool will be able to do this in the near future.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how you gonna put them 5 lugs on yer Bronco? the wheels are awesome tho...glad to hear you got your VIN, finally.
I just grabbed a stock photo from the web. Most of these go on jeeps and Toyota. They have them hub-centric for bronco as well.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT Screenshot_20230403-123314_Samsung Notes

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just grabbed a stock photo from the web. Most of these go on jeeps and Toyota. They have them hub-centric for bronco as well.
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT Screenshot_20230403-123314_Samsung Notes
Watch the offset, my 18mm offset is to close to the spindle to run 13.5" wide 37s. Those are even closer so you are limiting yourself to 12.5" wide tires.

13.5" tires have an advantage based on personal experience.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs