BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of these tie rod breaks have been with stock tires / not lifted?

Many, but a fair question. The most 'public' break was dude with water in 40" tires.... a recipe for disaster in most applications.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How helpful. One page of wiring for the rack.

1660321220997.png
Power, Ground, and CAN...thats it! Everything else is internal. I gotta believe this is gonna work fine once flashed!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup - Ford creates an ā€œas producedā€ calibration for all the modules. The dealership, rightfully, does not have the tools to just drop in whatever calibration or section of calibration they want.
This sucks to install a steering rack.

Well, if this one is overly complicated, does anyone know of an aftermarket unit that is available and works, or one on the way?

Iā€™m getting a Badlands and wonā€™t be lifting for a couple more years, but when I do, plan to replace the rack.

Will immediately either upgrade my tie rods to something mid grade or just carry a couple spare in my kit for if they fail on a trial.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting discussion. iā€™ll be watching the outcome.

For practical purposes for 95% of people who canā€™t do or wonā€™t pay someone to do this isnā€™t carrying an extra set of tie rods with you off-road a cheaper/easier solution? Even I can change those and Iā€™m hardly Mr. Goodwrench.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For practical purposes for 95% of people who canā€™t do or wonā€™t pay someone to do this isnā€™t carrying an extra set of tie rods with you off-road a cheaper/easier solution? Even I can change those and Iā€™m hardly Mr. Goodwrench.
Right...this is kinda an extreme measure. However, wouldnt ya like to know how this is gonna work if you wanted to go this route? I know I do!

Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting for sure. Hopefully the electronics hurdle can be overcome.

I have to think someone somewhere at Ford has the answer, in that they showed this rack off originally as a Ford Performance upgrade.

They must have a work around to add it as a performance part to existing standard Rack Broncos???

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is in preparation for the 5.2 supercharged Preditor 760hp swap....one thing at a time folks....
The bolts and nuts are the easy part.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting for sure. Hopefully the electronics hurdle can be overcome.

I have to think someone somewhere at Ford has the answer, in that they showed this rack off originally as a Ford Performance upgrade.

They must have a work around to add it as a performance part to existing standard Rack Broncos???
Absolutely
They are just super slow! For example Spicer has had 5.38 gears available for months but can't sell them because Ford can't get the programming done to change the shift points....in due time Ford performance will have the fix available. The steering even says "Ford performance " on it.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, if this one is overly complicated, does anyone know of an aftermarket unit that is available and works, or one on the way?

Iā€™m getting a Badlands and wonā€™t be lifting for a couple more years, but when I do, plan to replace the rack.

Will immediately either upgrade my tie rods to something mid grade or just carry a couple spare in my kit for if they fail on a trial.
Yeah by the time most folks get their bronco this will be an easy plug-n- play deal.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Until there's a fix for the broken tie rod issue, Ford recommends you use your vehicle for off-road fun only, and avoid paved driveways and parking lots.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got the call that my rack is in! Unfortunately I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and I promised I would bring the Bronco cause my friends wana check it out, so I won't get to start my install till next week. @BigMeatsBronco you said above you removed the front diff mount and removed the tie rods and 1 shock and you could get it out? I dont have diff drop brackets on mine, so I'm gonna budget time for full diff removal if needed, but hope to get it done quicker than that!

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Marlin Crawler think about making something.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...uspension-in-development-for-bronco-21.38166/
I hope 23 models come with this upgrade.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is in preparation for the 5.2 supercharged Preditor 760hp swap....one thing at a time folks....
The bolts and nuts are the easy part.

Yeah a supercharged 5.2 is nice but I would much rather have a supercharged 7.3 Godzilla. šŸ˜

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1660340043863
Sponsored