Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inners are the inner rods, correct boot, inner clamp, outer clamp. For the jamb, I just went to the nut and bolt place behind us and picked up a few. M16x1.5 is correct.

https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-inner-tie-rod-nb3z3280d?c=bD00NyZuPUNhdGVnb3J5IFBhZ2U=

Left outer.
https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-outer-tie-rod-nb3z3a130c?c=bD0zMiZuPUNhdGVnb3J5IFBhZ2U=

Right outer.
https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-outer-tie-rod-nb3z3a130b?c=bD0yOSZuPUNhdGVnb3J5IFBhZ2U=

Posting links for visuals, not trying to make a shameless sales pitch. Seeing is easier to explain.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Icon dropped their price on their HD tie rods....funny you can get new beefy forged tie rods for less than the BB clamp on brace bandaids....ROFL

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

6G-2101~2.jpg

Yes a 2.0 tie rod, the internal race was damaged. He hit a tree (no clue on mileage), got a bunch of codes. Group went on a second trail, he headed back. Got a call he had steering faults and described a steering clunk. I thought he killed his rack and went to help (I organized the trail run). Took a while to figure out what went wrong. You could put full force into the tie rod and everything felt fine. This was a very odd failure that had all the tell tale signs of rack failure (codes, clicking, tooth skipping feel).

100% tension crushed the internal race. For the life of me I have no clue why the tie rod didn't snap.
how does the steering system throw bells and whistles and faults when the failure is NOT in the rack???? Something is missing here, there is NO way the steering system knows a tie rod has been damaged...it's impossible.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how does the steering system throw bells and whistles and faults when the failure is NOT in the rack???? Something is missing here, there is NO way the steering system knows a tie rod has been damaged...it's impossible.
I think there's some sort of internal thermistor, sees too much heat/motor stress. Could be tied to bigger tires, a lot of slow or no speed turning, possibly bent steering parts.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inners are the inner rods, correct boot, inner clamp, outer clamp. For the jamb, I just went to the nut and bolt place behind us and picked up a few. M16x1.5 is correct.

https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-inner-tie-rod-nb3z3280d?c=bD00NyZuPUNhdGVnb3J5IFBhZ2U=

Left outer.
https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-outer-tie-rod-nb3z3a130c?c=bD0zMiZuPUNhdGVnb3J5IFBhZ2U=

Right outer.
https://www.ruxerparts.com/oem-parts/ford-outer-tie-rod-nb3z3a130b?c=bD0yOSZuPUNhdGVnb3J5IFBhZ2U=

Posting links for visuals, not trying to make a shameless sales pitch. Seeing is easier to explain.
I gotta agree w/ @Snacktime, that's a little pricey! Only reason I bring it up is that you gotta figure that as part of your upgrade cost if going "stage 2"...If going Hoss 3/Stage 3 those are included w/the Hoss 3.0 rack. Trying to figure how to package the upgrades price wise!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just speculating and assuming software was loaded correctly and that all of the sensors are working as designed.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1685971002551

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1685971064900

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gotta agree w/ @Snacktime, that's a little pricey! Only reason I bring it up is that you gotta figure that as part of your upgrade cost if going "stage 2"...If going Hoss 3/Stage 3 those are included w/the Hoss 3.0 rack. Trying to figure how to package the upgrades price wise!
Those are list, not 6G but point taken, still expensive for what they are. If you order a long rack these should come with it.

Long rack NB3Z-3504-M has a list price of $1,921.82. Short rack, NB3Z-3504-N has a list of $1,860.00 and includes everything but the outers. Makes no sense doing the math, $60.00 more and you get both outers on the long rack.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are list, not 6G but point taken, still expensive for what they are. If you order a long rack these should come with it.

Long rack NB3Z-3504-M has a list price of $1,921.82. Short rack, NB3Z-3504-N has a list of $1,860.00 and includes everything but the outers. Makes no sense doing the math, $60.00 more and you get both outers on the long rack.
You interested in wholesaling some racks? Quinn mentioned he would buy them by the palletload if he could find someone to sell them to him. I have bought 2 so far, and looks like I'm gonna want more if this is an upgrade that I get interested customers on! Shipping to the west coast probably negates any savings, but from IN to SE WI shouldn't be too bad. PM me if this interests you!

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No clue, he also lost power steering. The power steering assist fault was visually displayed on the dash. Only thing we could think of is the alignment was to far off and made the steering rack motor overheat? Also he may have got the steering rack components wet as the impact occured while driving through a nice size puddle.

We disconnected and reconnected the battery several times. This was during the trouble shooting. I want to pull the rack out when we do his bushings to make sure everything we can visually see is still good. I will see what codes are in the system at that time.

Video of the day, shameless 😁 club promotion. Don't mind the fat guy talking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think there's some sort of internal thermistor, sees too much heat/motor stress. Could be tied to bigger tires, a lot of slow or no speed turning, possibly bent steering parts.
I was guessing something else got damaged.... maybe the torque sensor saw something out of range when the tree hit it

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was guessing something else got damaged.... maybe the torque sensor saw something out of range when the tree hit it
The fault came back after 10-15 minutes of driving on the freeway home, worst case is I am going to hook it up to FDRS and run the diagnostics. My obsession with the steering system continues. Still working on getting a steering rack for a trail spare.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Icon dropped their price on their HD tie rods....funny you can get new beefy forged tie rods for less than the BB clamp on brace bandaids....ROFL
a brace of any kind is not an effective way to increase bending strength. During bending shear is developed through the cross-section providing a linear distribution of stress. Compression on one end and tension on the other. A brace is discontinuous (two pieces, tie road and brace). That limits the effectiveness it can have. It is a band aid.

to make a brace work well would require very tight tolerances and more than a few small screws to develop sufficient load across the interface. Not very good design practice.

It is way too easy to increase bending strength by increasing tie rod diameter. Strength increases with the fourth power of diameter. Just an 1/8” buys you a ton. Ford knows this but didn’t want to do that because it wouldn’t match well with their “weak” bushing/housing design.

broncbuster is a clever marketing machine. That brace looks massive and is very simple to install. The most clever thing from their bushing design is the blue piece that lets you seat the bushing. Simple and easy so marketable to a large audience.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My steering rack MOTOR is toast. Has anyone had that happened yet?? I brought it in last week because it felt like I lost power steering. They told me the motor is fried, which is why it feels that way. Steering racks are of course on backorder so I don't know when I'm getting it replaced. I have the bushing in on the drivers side and Fabtech tie rods.
Sponsored