First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man... a day after dropping $$ on new bumpers. Hope my stock rack with BB driver bushing and soon to be RC passenger bushing will hold up for another season!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

😡

*Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

Yeah, it's got some weird exclusions as to why the Procal won't work. Basically if it's a 4DR it has to have the Squatch package.

But yet ALL 2DRs. 🤪

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not understanding the Non-SAS Badlands. It has the gearing, it has front and rear lockers, and it has the disco. So what is the part that could not be programmed? The gearing? Is it a typo?

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😡

*Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.
No core charge makes it right around the same cost as buying the rack witnout going through Ford performance if someone is going to keep their old rack.

No reason you can't still program this one using the methods already worked out here if you want it in one of the "excluded" vehicles, but unless it's on sale, no reason for the diy crowd to buy it.

The only person this benefits is a Sasquatch owner that wants a dealer install.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is such an easy thing to do without the ProCal, and although I see value in the ProCal, it's not because of this feature.

Don't let programming the rack with FDRS scare any of you off, it's easy.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is such an easy thing to do without the ProCal, and although I see value in the ProCal, it's not because of this feature.

Don't let programming the rack with FDRS scare any of you off, it's easy.
Is ProCal the $500+ Ford performance software that means premium gasoline is required? I'm fine with my current performance, so no way I'm paying extra for ProCal, and then getting stuck paying extra (often a dollar more per gallon here in Chicagland) for premium fuel.

I work in IT and had no problem using Forscan to make changes to my Bronco. But FDRS requires a subscription/license or dealer to use?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is ProCal the $500+ Ford performance software that means premium gasoline is required?
You can buy and use the calibration dongle without having the performance tune installed. It’s an expensive (and limited) alternative to FDRS that way though. There is a 2-day FDRs license option that is not extremely crazy priced, and some compatible dongles for a bit over $100 if you research it

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is ProCal the $500+ Ford performance software that means premium gasoline is required? I'm fine with my current performance, so no way I'm paying extra for ProCal, and then getting stuck paying extra (often a dollar more per gallon here in Chicagland) for premium fuel.

I work in IT and had no problem using Forscan to make changes to my Bronco. But FDRS requires a subscription/license or dealer to use?
$50 for a 2 day FDRS subscription. I use it rarely enough that that is the option I use. Just remember not to buy the subscription until you are ready to use it! Www.motorcraftservice.com

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I have run 87 in my Bronco plenty of times with the Ford Performance Tune, it will run, but it prefers 91-93 octane. No knock issues so far (but I usually run 87 when it's cold out and when I am ferrying the vehicle on road trips).
Sponsored