Sponsored

How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco?

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ive done this for years on my jeeps and now my bronco. Not once has that been an issue. Maybe if all the other windows were closed but with the rest of the windows down it has no effect.
I have a 21 4runner that I drive everywhere with the rear window down. It's 50% of why we got it in the first place.
Sponsored

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rear seat delete
Build platform to make it all level back there
Trektop softop with side windows taken out

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ha, took mine to the groomer for his first Bronco ride. He's really not much of a car dog - getting car sick often when it was necessary to take him out (to the Vet or groomer). He did OK in the Bronco - maybe he can see out better, not sure.
Rusty_cut.JPG
We had one that would get sick every time we had to get her in the car. It was miserable.
I decided to work with her on it by giving non-stop, calm and gentle praise in the car and started the program just getting into the car and back out, getting in starting the motor then off and back out, backing up a few feet and then forward, then around the block, and so on and so on.
It worked great. She never puked in the car again.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive done this for years on my jeeps and now my bronco. Not once has that been an issue. Maybe if all the other windows were closed but with the rest of the windows down it has no effect.
It has no effect until it does...

Fantastic that you have not had any problems, but CO is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and can be deadly. Without a detector you wouldn't know that you, your family, or pets are being exposed.

NO2, while easier to detect, is no less dangerous. The CDC says:

How can nitrogen oxides affect my health?
Low levels of nitrogen oxides in the air can irritate your eyes, nose, throat, and lungs, possibly causing you to cough and experience shortness of breath, tiredness, and nausea. Exposure to low levels can also result in fluid build-up in the lungs 1 or 2 days after exposure.

We do not know if exposure to nitrogen oxides will result in reproductive effects in humans.

CO Fact Sheet

Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Dogs

And while I agree with you that in all likelihood it's safe if you have your windows down and adequate fresh air coming in to negate the negative pressure caused by pushing a brick thru the air at whatever speed, it's good to understand the risks associated.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ride in the back?

Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? IMG_3861.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
mzmargo

mzmargo

Black Diamond
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2dr BD Iconic Silver
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rear seat delete
Build platform to make it all level back there
Trektop softop with side windows taken out
Never knew the trektop existed. Looks nice. Still hoping to find a window replacement for the hardtop but this is a promising lead! Thanks for sharing!

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I might as well do the rear seat delete i my moar door. I might have the rear seats up once a month for the occasional work lunch trip where everyone want to take the Bronco.

The seats folded flat give my dogs full access to the rear windows and with the soft top windows out they both just go to the back and have there big ass heads sticking out on either side of the spare.

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gunner Kennel secured to the (removed) rear seat studs. If anyone is making it out of a severe crash, you best believe it’s going to be my dog.

Reactions: DKG

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi all,

I just bought my first new car - a 2023 2 door BD m/t. Love it.

New issue, my 2008 Escape worked great for camping with my Germán shepherd. How are other dog owners doing with their two doors?

I hate how he can't put his head out the window anymore. Has anyone installed a sliding window on their hard tops? Someone recommended just leaving the rear glass open and letting the dog stick his head out that way.

So if that's the case, now I want to protect the top edge of the tailgate. Suggestions? Clear/black vinyl?

Thanks in advance, happy to have found this forum.

My Chihuahua and Border Collie let me drive them around in THEIR Bronco. Chihuahua sits on console . Collie hangs out passenger window.
Just going slow around our village.

dog.JPG

IMG_2188.jpg

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
My bichon frise (10lbs) road from NJ to FL on the arm rest covered with a blanket. Don't remember shifting being a problem. Had a bed set up in the back for her but she wanted to ride with the guys and would sit up once in a while to to look at the road. Usually I use my honda element for driving her around, seat forward her paws on the shelf above the glove box perfect setup for her looking out he windshield. For the Bronco trying to figure a way to protect all the soft plastic and the door panels with her standing at the window.

Sponsored

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Eventually the Goose Gear rear seat delete and a custom fit tnccrates.com (sort of the same idea as our old Element), but for the time being they get the back seat of our '17 Ridgeline with harnesses to the rear seat belts.

FDHog

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat FX4, 22 Road Glide ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Henry is my 1 yr old 100lb monster of an English Lab.
Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? IMG_4286

In the Bronco, I have the rear seat delete and a Bartact pet divider that goes in the space between the 2 seats, but when the passenger seat is empty, he takes over.In the F150, we have a Dirty Dog Pet Divider net to keep the monster in the rear. Had to buy a seat cover for the passenger seat cause when it's just e and him, the front seat is his.

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dog rides shotgun harnessed in unless my gf is with me and then he's in the back. Either way he is happy and loves his drives

Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? IMG_1204
Sponsored