Sponsored

How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco?

mzmargo

Black Diamond
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2dr BD Iconic Silver
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all,

I just bought my first new car - a 2023 2 door BD m/t. Love it.

New issue, my 2008 Escape worked great for camping with my Germán shepherd. How are other dog owners doing with their two doors?

I hate how he can't put his head out the window anymore. Has anyone installed a sliding window on their hard tops? Someone recommended just leaving the rear glass open and letting the dog stick his head out that way.

So if that's the case, now I want to protect the top edge of the tailgate. Suggestions? Clear/black vinyl?

Thanks in advance, happy to have found this forum.

M

dog.JPG

IMG_2188.jpg
Sponsored

Simple Man

Black Diamond
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Subaru Outback MT,'70 F-250 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DoUSquatch

Base
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buy seat covers and a center console cover protectant.

Looking back, I would have done this 1st and had little to no issues when my lil guy was a puppy.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Passenger seat forward as much as possible should be able to poke the snout out there

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
mzmargo

mzmargo

Black Diamond
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2dr BD Iconic Silver
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? IMG_2288

Saw this scrolling through facebook. I wonder if there is something similar but for a sliding window like the back of a pickup truck??

Would love to see this for my dog.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Passenger seat forward as much as possible should be able to poke the snout out there
This what we do. We have a 45 lb mutt, and he sits on the back seat and has his face on the door sill.

Sponsored

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
When my wife is in the car, the big dog is in the back and she’s perfectly happy to set herself between the seats and scout by looking through the windshield. When it’s just me and the dog or dogs, they get the front seat and the window goes down at stops or when we’re on the property. Otherwise, when we’re moving the window is up to keep them from taking something in the eye. The big girl is perfectly content with the windshield in that situation as well. The little guy on the other hand insists on the driver’s side window until we’re down to the public road. At the rate he’s growing that’s not going to last long though.🤣

Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? A9239ED9-E02B-46A5-87DC-294858035E00

Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? 52EF82A7-7767-47BD-B1CF-D77C1215DD83

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I have my daughters dog I put him in the Ford branded vehicle kennel. I’m sure there are less costly options but I wanted to use ford points. The back seats need to be down for it to fit but otherwise it works well. I attached two of the tethers to the floor mounted anchors and the other two to the front seat molle panels. I use a ramp to get him into the bronco and with the kennel on the back seats like this it gives plenty of cargo room to store the ramp and whatever else I need. While he can’t put his head out the window for fresh air he does seem to like being able to see out of the side and rear glass.
Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? IMG_0014
Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? 69983909287__A5FD2D93-617B-4CA2-B0B3-8465881BEB32

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not recommended to run with the rear glass open, it can bring exhaust into the cab.
Ive done this for years on my jeeps and now my bronco. Not once has that been an issue. Maybe if all the other windows were closed but with the rest of the windows down it has no effect.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ha, took mine to the groomer for his first Bronco ride. He's really not much of a car dog - getting car sick often when it was necessary to take him out (to the Vet or groomer). He did OK in the Bronco - maybe he can see out better, not sure.
Ford Bronco How are other dog owners doing with their 2-door Bronco? Rusty_cut.JPG

(edit) I did have a full protective cover for the back of the seats and rear cargo, so if there were any accidents, it wouldn't be hard to clean up.
Sponsored

Last edited: