Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the soft top. So much nicer just flipping it back and getting some sun.
My only complaint are perceived sound differences and the lack of solid mounting points for roof top items. Thankfully there’s some aftermarket coming out to help.
Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I never considered a hard top living in south AL. Overall no major issue. The IAG lift struts for the rear clam shell is one of the nicest upgrades and makes that feature much more usable. I have no issues taking windows in and out and the aligns and ensures they are sealed. No fraying issues. Awesome to be able to just flip back in like 5 seconds or in 3-5 minutes have the top all the way back. Make sure when you go back that you collapse and “lock down” the top. Some complained about it moving around when all the way down but if you lock it in, should be no issue. Only minor complaints is the amount of water that pours off right at the doors when you open the door in heavy rain and the fabric does stretch a tad after several ups and downs allowing a little more flutter at high speed when closed. What would be nice, if someone could design a bow with velcro that could be installed perpendicular to the main bows when the top is up to tighten up the roof fabric to prevent flutter at higher speeds. Of course the bow would need to be removable to let the top back. Awesome to have the top back, my preference!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We love our soft top. It’s so easy to flip open to the first position and not too hard to open it all the way. The rear flip up is good - it would be nice if it opened a bit higher, but it is definitely useable. You can get gas struts to eliminate the prop rod (haven’t dime that yet). I wish it had glass windows, but other than that, we love it.
So glad you're enjoying your Bronco's features, Allen!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love having the soft top. I even changed my badlands order to a soft top. It’s so easy to put it down. I live in the Deep South and we don’t get a lot of cold weather so even in the winter I’ll likely have the top down just to make a 1 mile grocery run.
So glad you're enjoying the features of your Badlands order!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Loved top down for the last day in the Chicago 'burbs. Mid-70's!!!! Now in the 30's for a few weeks and then we get to try the Bronco in snow.

The ONLY time I hate this soft top is putting in the frickin' windows!!! UGH, there HAD to be a better way. The bottoms don't slide well, the sides are 1/4" too short to fit well....so aggravating. Ford Engineers....really?

Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As is the case with all hard shopping decisions in life, the correct answer is: get both.

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in Northern NJ and took delivery this past January. I had it up in the Adirondacks the first 2 weeks. I was surprised how well it held the heat. No issues thru the winter.

Its definitely louder than I would like, however that is easily overshadowed with how easy it is to open or take down. I dont need to plan where im going to keep my panels from a hard top, I just instead leave a bag for my windows rolles in my trunk during the nicer months. Even just throwing it open on a whim is easy and fun.

For the amount I open and close it, its so muc easier to deal with IMO.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bestop, but I love mine and never going hard again

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second winter starting in Lake Tahoe. Survived first year just fine and looked great, until a bear busted it trying to get into left rear corner. I took the insurance money and buying an ADV top next year.

The soft top has a broken cable, plastic snap, with bear puncture wound, but still works great.

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If (and its a huge if) Ford ever gets there shit together I will have a 2dr Wildtrak coming… I originally was firm on holding out for the Black Modular Hard Top… but alas Ford has once again failed us…. My 2dr Wildtrak is now on order with the shit Mic Top….. my first modification will be to put a Best Top Slant Back Trek Soft Top on. (May be looking to sell the MIC Top.)
I have a very good idea what im getting into with a Soft Top 4x4….I have a 2010 Soft Top 2dr Wrangler that i bought new… its soft top doesn’t leak at all and has held up just fine for over 12 years now.
Will often run the Wildtrak with the doors off and the side & rear windows out….If I spend another winter in upstate NY, I am confident the the soft top with the side & rear windows in will be just fine.

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting for Ford to sell the hardtop...My dealer submitted my order without the hardtop without my knowledge. I do not hate the the softie, but I always wanted both- as my order was for the dual top option, because of my location's seasonal extremes.
Great to have my (soft topped) Bronco since May...But now that the Oregon rain forest season is here for the next 7+ months, time will tell how it holds up.
I have concerns it will start to show Oregon wear, but I try to keep it clean and protected.
Both my dealer(drink), and Ford (drink again) have stated I will "eventually have the hardtop".
I for now keep the Bronco covered to keep the soft top in decent shape. A new garage is likely to be a solution, way before Ford or my dealer (finish the bottle) come thru with their promises.

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Overall, I like the soft top. This is the first convertible vehicle I've owned and I was worried that the noise would be too much for me. My best friend has a first edition hard top so I'm in that all the time and have a ton of comparisons. I've fashioned an egg crate that sandwiches between the best top Bimini and the soft top, and it is actually quieter than a hard top bronco on the highway - except when passing a semi or going under an over pass. This insulation over the driver position does a tremendous job of insulating out the wind noise at highway speeds!

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the idea of the soft top. Really enjoyed it this summer. I have concerns about its longevity and true ability to seal out the elements. I don't regret having the car for over a year in exchange for removing the hard top option, but I'll buy a hard top when the become readily available.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got the soft top so I could get one sooner and it’s a good thing as we took delivery last April(126 days after order was placed) but are still waiting on our 7/20/20 MIC top order that is now scheduled for 11/22 production. My oldest daughter is buying our current Bronco when the hard top comes in and I’m swapping the tops. She’ll be living/working in MN year round and I’ll be taking my Bronco to Naples FL for 6+ months each winter so I have zero need for a hard top. 75% of my miles will likely be with the doors off and I will by a power soft top as soon as the aftermarket provides one, hopefully in January. In Naples we mostly are driving in 25-45mph zones so a power soft top is the easy choice. We currently have a power top convertible car and drop the top almost every day.

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Current soft top owners, how are you liking it so far?

I am really torn on which way to go. In particular, I’d be interested to know how the lift-style opening at the rear is working IRL. I overland my rigs, and often work out of the back in the evenings, cooking dinner and whatnot. My concern is that the inability to flip up the rear plastic window could be a challenge.

I’d be curious to hear from actual owners, not just people who have played with the soft top on a test drive. Thanks in advance.
I switched to a soft top and I really regret it. It is loud, the back doesn’t open enough to be useful, and I want a roof rack for camping and other activities.

Hold out for a hard top. You will always be able to add a soft top on later or sell the hard top if you want to.
Sponsored