Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. It is human nature that when a commitment is made for something there is a physiological impression that makes the person believe it was the right choice no matter what. This causes the person to be far more inclined to let others know how much they like it. No one wants to look like an ignoramus for making a bad decision. It is a form of Cognitive Dissonance, which comes from a human desire to be consistent. I'm not bagging on the soft-toppers, a hard top choice can beget the same response. All I am saying is that when asking someone how they feel about a big decision they committed to, take it with a grain of salt . . . what would you expect them to say?
I hear ya and what you say is true for the most part. But I've seen a good amount of ppl here who have admitted to hating their own soft top.

Whats the psychological word for when you didn't know you wanted something until you were forced into it

Whatever that is...that's me. Feels so odd that I never even entertained the soft top but now I can't imagine limiting myself to a hard top
Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya and what you say is true for the most part. But I've seen a good amount of ppl here who have admitted to hating their own soft top.

Whats the psychological word for when you didn't know you wanted something until you were forced into it

Whatever that is...that's me. Feels so odd that I never even entertained the soft top but now I can't imagine limiting myself to a hard top
Yes, like everything else what I said is not universally true for everyone of course, just saying it's a common human behavior we need to look out for. Someone already responded that some people say they think it's great because it really is. Subjectivity can rule the day too. I think what you said here is great, the bottom line is it's good for you and no one cam tell you otherwise.

Sponsored

VicDamone

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have eyeballs. You can say it’s not loud and some might believe that but you can’t convince me that it looks great “in person” lol.

Eyeballs.
🤣 hey man do you. You hate the Soft Top, I dislike the MIC top. Difference is I don’t need to state my hate for something. Just keep it moving.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really liked it. Looks good, easy to use, nice to know you have a full roof if you are caught in the elements. My preference is to keep the roof down all the time from May-October in Md. but I like to know I can put it up if it gets a little too cold or if it rains. Not sure I will have the same confidence with the hard top. I am a long time CJ owner and this top is so much easier to remove and put back on, My only negative comment would be that in the down position, it significantly limits the use of the rearview mirror but I got used to it, you can still use it but you only see cars about 10-15 yards behind you, anything closer can be obstructed from view. I say all this because I just got VINs on my 2 door order, and I was going to change to a 4dr so I could get the softop and have the added convenience, but alas Ford once again provide me misleading info, told me in an email no more 2 door units would be produced in MY21 if I did not have a VIN by the date they sent an email, so I was waiting to re-order my MY22 and then they sent me a VIN. Had I known I was not getting pushed to MY22 as they stated in their email, I probably would have changed my order to a 4DR. Oh well, still very excited about my 2 door, I will probably order the after market soft top.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love it. few scratches but Ford will handle those.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Owners, How Are You Liking It? 328974BC-7DA1-4D49-99C7-B35944204DB2

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The MOD is the real top. For me the plastic top and the soft top is really a coin flip, so I went with the soft top and I am ecstatic now that I am driving it.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Living in a cold climate, I stuck with MIC. Granted I stilll don’t have it. If I lived somewhere warmer, I’d have a soft top anyday.

Sponsored

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We Definitely love the soft top. Can’t wait to ride with it even half way down. That will be the extent of it. Our Gladiator has a hard top and we have yet to ride with it off. Seems like way too much effort to take all 3 pieces off and store.

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loving my soft top down here in Texas. Flip it back most rides and can easily do it at stop lights. It’s definitely louder than my 4Runner but nothing a little music doesn’t fix quickly. No leaks thus far even using a power washer to it. 10/10 recommend!

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Badlands Sasquatch, Z4, Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm suprisingly satisfied with the soft top. I was sure I wanted the hard top, and that's what I had ordered, but due to unrelated circumstances, I ended up buying a soft-top Bronco. The top has exceeded my expectations. Was actually quieter than I expected on a cross-country job. Was stable with no flapping around. I like the option of having the top in place with the windows out, and I've tried it in each different configuration, including completely removed. Very easy process.
I didn't like the looks of the completely folded back option, but even that has turned out to be fine even if the rear view is somewhat obstructed.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't hate it. Nowhere near as loud as I remember our old ('97? I think) Jeep being. Looking forward to some nice weather where it's not 'snowing' cottonwood fluff so I can pull the panels and drop it all the way back. Did a little driving around earlier this spring with it back in Position 1 and the windows down, and that was pretty great.

Only real issue is when it's raining heavily, there's a stream of water that drains off just behind the frame of the front of the top where it first sags a bit. Got a couple suggestions I might try, like stuffing a half-round of water pipe foam insulation under the top in the gap between the front of the frame and the first crossbar.
Sponsored