Sponsored

how did you handle first stone chip on body?!

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can live with rock chips, it's the door dinging a..holes that I have a problem with. I park out and away from everybody. My wife jokes that we should just walk to the store instead.
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After about the 3rd chip,
Cracked open a beer and then the touch up paint.

Now to deal with the nice chip in the windshield we just received Monday.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I feel the pain here! First chip came on my drive home from Detroit! Somewhere in south Chicago a stone came up from the car in front of me and smacked the passenger mirror. I didn't stop to inspect :). By the time I got to the north side, I got another rock into the windshield to earn my first chip there. Now, over the past 10 months, I've collected another mystery dent in the hood, kids backed into the snowmobile trailer to claim the first rear corner scratches, and another doozy of a windshield chip driving up northern Wi over NYE. It's constant. But I love it!!!! Just gonna keep racking up the trophies!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got one on the front edge of front hood. It sucked and I worry about rust. My wife said grow up those trucks aren’t meant to be perfect and pretty haha
The good news is your hood can't rust. The bad news, look at every 10+ year old Ford with paint chips in the hood and you'll see bubbling paint, the aluminum starts to corrode. Seal it up.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front right fender near the top, wasn't there when I took it to the dealer for work but was found when washing it after its return. Total denial on their part but did provide me with a pint of paint to touch it up.

IMG_0458.jpeg

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I scratched both my doors taking them off for the first time. Scratched my driver side roll bar pretty good taking the soft top off for the first time. Other random chips here and there, mainly from the Goodyears throwing rocks. Both my rear flares are riddled with chips in them. Now, 15k miles in, I don’t even care anymore. Been having so much fun taking it on adventures to spots I’d otherwise never have gone. If you use it as intended, it’s just going to happen eventually.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
how long after you got your truck did you notice a chip in the paint?
Did you freak out and get it fixed immediately or treat it as a badge of honour!
Day after picking it up I parked it next to a beater in a Walmart parking lot that looked like a homeless junky was living out of it. I parked good and close hoping they would door it.

They didn't.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My modular bumper has been peppered with some rock chips. Under the advice I found on B6G, I got some black spray paint and touched it up with a tiny brush. Worked awesome! I know it's powder coated, but the paint helped cover the tiny chips and you can't even tell now.

Sponsored

Mean Green Bronc Machine

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No rock chips, but I did manage to destroy paint on the inside of my tailgate with some poorly loaded cargo. Happened on day two—nice, go me.

Ordered a paint correction pen from the dealer... waited 3 months for it to arrive. And now that paint correction pen is sitting in my cabinet waiting for the weather to not be total garbage.
I've also scratched the paint on the tailgate. Had a wire basket back there that rubbed my paint right off.

Mean Green Bronc Machine

Outer Banks
First Name
Erica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

how long after you got your truck did you notice a chip in the paint?
Did you freak out and get it fixed immediately or treat it as a badge of honour!
I acquired a nice ding on Tuesday. Someone backed into me, coming out of a parking space, so not very fast thank goodness, but that left a nice sized bruise on my back passenger fender. I definitely freaked out, but when I got home and looked at it again it wasn't so bad. Still anxious to get it fixed though, because I'm just pissed it happened to my new car. Won't be driving my Bronco to work much longer. people are always getting dings in our parking lot, so I'm looking for a used car stat.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My first paint chip was a good one.. Dropped my driver door first time trying to put it back on. Curled the rear bottom corner and had to beat it out with a hammer to make it close. Other than that Ive got a few nicks in the roll bar from taking the top off/on. I got some touch up paint but havent had the top off to do it since its been cold.

OP
OP
mdepll

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No rock chips, but I did manage to destroy paint on the inside of my tailgate with some poorly loaded cargo. Happened on day two—nice, go me.

Ordered a paint correction pen from the dealer... waited 3 months for it to arrive. And now that paint correction pen is sitting in my cabinet waiting for the weather to not be total garbage.
Is there an online link to order paint correction pen?

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go to IAG website
Sponsored