2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wildtrak, hardtop, lux,
Just got scheduled for 1/24/2022.
No reservation..
Order Date 10/25/2021

How is a non-res holder getting built with an order date of late '21?
Could your dealer gave you a priority build for 22?
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wildtrak, hardtop, lux,
Just got scheduled for 1/24/2022.
No reservation..
Order Date 10/25/2021

How is a non-res holder getting built with an order date of late '21?
Let's face it, this is just Ford screwing the customer and rewarding high volume dealerships. Ford should have been up front about dealer allocation vs reservation position before the reservation system went live in July of last year.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw the New Pro-x on the commute home last Night!
Nice!!!! Fully loaded with a Fender Soundsystem pro X with leather for $45k is not bad! Considering prices are up right now!!!
Ford better get it together soon I’m thinking of jumping ship!!!
And it tows 6200k or so
the redesigned 2023 Canyon AT4-X and Colorado ZR2 will debut in Jan and hit dealers by June. Going to very very nice. My Bronco better hurry.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ah, you see, the hook is set. I too was once scheduled for production, for the first time, but then 5 other re-schedules occurred. You may believe yours will built January, I would not hold my breath!:ROFLMAO:
Yeah I wonder about this. Seems to be a pattern here. I too got the e-mail today that I got a build scheduled for 1/24/2022 and was shocked. I had previously thought summer or early fall build. I guess I feel better than if I hadn’t gotten the e-mail today. But I am still pretty skeptical of a 1/24 buIld based on experience of others. Trying to not get too excited. Original reservation was March 20, 2021 and first ordered a few days after that. Of course, that got 99’ed. Then re-ordered a 2022 in early November.

Somebody suggested posting build details, so FWIW, my build is WT, soft top, lux, tow, 2.7, leather, aux, mod bumper, full bash guards, iconic silver. I REALLY DON’T want a soft top, but I want MIC even less. Got my fingers crossed that I can purchase a body color matching mod top (or similar aftermarket) in the not too distant future. Really sick for those early reservation holders that aren’t scheduled yet. I never gave it much thought, but it seems more and more clear that choice of dealer makes a big difference in timing of build.

Is there a clear consensus about time difference between first scheduled build and actual build?

Last edited:

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 '94 Bronco, '15 F-Type S, '11 TL, '16 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm glad someone else posted this. Ive seen a few now that get scheduled within a couple months of reservation/order while some of us are waiting for a year and a half. I'm so confused. But not angry. Just hope 100% of these are genuine enthusiasts and not those @$$holes trying to make a buck by flipping them.
Edit: My info for reference
Reservation date: 7/14 9a et
Order date(s): 1/26, 10/22
Scheduled for production: week of 12/20/21
WT 4D, Lux, VB, MIC

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reservation system was suspect before, but seems to have completely gone off the rails. Im not even sure what to do now. 7-15 2 dr BL, and there seems to be plenty of reservations still lingering before mine even without dealing with allocation bull. I’m at a smallish dealership in MA, and to be fair with them they have been great. All complaints with Ford.
I still want the truck. And I don’t need it right now, even with the year plus delay. But @Fordmotorcompany this is not how you build brand loyalty. In a few years this might seem like a “blip”, but Ford is losing future customers after this.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm glad someone else posted this. Ive seen a few now that get scheduled within a couple months of reservation/order while some of us are waiting for a year and a half. I'm so confused. But not angry. Just hope 100% of these are genuine enthusiasts and not those @$$holes trying to make a buck by flipping them.
Really like your ‘94. You’re lucky to have that to carry you over until you get your new WT. I had an ‘89 Eddie Bauer Bronco that I loved. Another example of “should have never sold.” There is a 5G red Bronco rolling around North Phoenix that is beautiful and really got me thinking about re-doing one of those. It pulled up next to me one day when I was on my bike and I’ve seen it once or twice since. It’s a well kept or well restored, spectacular truck. Anyway, hang in there, it wouldn’t surprise me if you got your WT before me.

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is stuff like this, that makes me feel like I should place another order.

Priority list for getting scheduled by Ford seems to be as follows:

Priority 1 - Those without a need for a Bronco who are really just purchasing to just turn it around and make a quick buck, they get scheduled quickly. Especially if they have multiples ordered in which case all their orders get built early.

Priority 2 - Those who gave up waiting and purchased one that someone else decided they didn't want, a dealer demo , or someone else who got one that is selling. Within days of taking ownership of that Bronco, they get the email with a build date for their original reservation/order.

Priority 3 - People who make a second order thinking maybe it would get filled in 2023, but within weeks that second order gets scheduled while their first remains waiting. About the time of delivery of that second order, their early reservation finally gets scheduled.
Was thinking about option 3 but I'm afraid they'll tell me its getting built WAY before Im ready to pay for it!! Lol

S4DDLUP

Wildtrak
First Name
J.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really like your ‘94. You’re lucky to have that to carry you over until you get your new WT. I had an ‘89 Eddie Bauer Bronco that I loved. Another example of “should have never sold.” There is a 5G red Bronco rolling around North Phoenix that is beautiful and really got me thinking about re-doing one of those. It pulled up next to me one day when I was on my bike and I’ve seen it once or twice since. It’s a well kept or well restored, spectacular truck. Anyway, hang in there, it wouldn’t surprise me if you got your WT before me.
Thanks man; people like you are why I keep coming back to the forum. At the end of the day, pretty much all of us are true enthusiasts and we have at least 1 similar interest. I hope the day never comes that I don't get excited to see a Bronco rollin' towards me on the road or on the other side of a trail head.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer that you ordered through must not have any other buildable orders. Allocations seem to play a big role in this. From the patterns that I'm seeing, the computer model must go through each dealers orders and build what they can. With commodity shortages, it seems like reservation date only plays a small role at this time. I wonder if the model randomly chooses the dealer or if there's a particular order that it goes through each time.
This.

Sponsored

Incommunicado

Big Bend
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

8/20 reservation and finally got an order email!!! Problem: not my fn order. So whoever is getting this one, guess I’ll get your vin, updates, photo… while nothing happens on my actual order… unless it’s getting built secretly and someone else is getting my updates. Almost so exciting! Thanks Ford. Meanwhile I’ll try to live vicariously through those just placing orders and skipping ahead of us. The shit show goes on.

Ford Bronco How is this possible?! 4D035A43-6A3E-4376-AD60-647F830E7A98

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's face it, this is just Ford screwing the customer and rewarding high volume dealerships. Ford should have been up front about dealer allocation vs reservation position before the reservation system went live in July of last year.
It's not exactly that simple. Plenty of early reservations at high volume dealerships are still waiting too. It's the ratio of allocations to reservations you want to maximize.

The sequence in which orders are being pulled for production is dictated by a process that takes into account not just commodities and the per-dealer allocation formula, but all kinds of sales and marketing considerations like regional balancing. And there's probably even a randomized component, so that Dealer A doesn't always get their second allocation before Dealer B, and so forth. It's completely opaque to the end customer (and mostly opaque to dealers) and nothing at all like the simple timestamp reservation system that Ford misled us about.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My story...

I'm in Colorado Springs, CO but went with a small dealer in Missouri for my reservation/order. They only had 10-12 reservations for a 2021 Bronco...with just a couple of allocations. (I made a deal for invoice w/no dealer fees)

I'm a 7/15/20 reservation holder and was #4, I believe.

I didn't get a '21 and had to resubmit my order for a '22 last month. I originally had a 2-door Badlands/Squatch/2.7/Lux/MIC/Tow/Mod Bumper ordered. I received call from my dealer just over a week ago and he informed me that he had submitted an order (no reservation)and that order was being previewed! That order had a soft top. The dealer asked me if I wanted to change to a 4-door soft top and see if it gets picked up. I figured I'd give it a shot and if it doesn't get picked up within a month or two, I'd go back to a 2-door.

So, sure enough, I get picked up for a build yesterday. 4-door, Badlands, soft top, 2.7, Lux. I dropped the 2-door, tow and modular bumper. The decision was easy for me as I was wavering on a 4-door anyway (for the extra space for camping/fishing gear and dogs). I don't mind the soft top because I'll have the top off most of the time anyway and will get the MIC in a couple of years.

Very thankful that I have a great dealer who communicates well. So glad I changed my order.
I dealt with similar. Live in CO but reserved at a small dealer out of state. They were allocated 10-12 Broncos this year. He said they can't afford to screw people over with ADM's and all that because it only takes one or two people to back out of an order, and their future allocations will take a hit as it is. He had one person back out of a First Edition that was already ordered. That means the dealer is already flirting with the 80% order match.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saw the New Pro-x on the commute home last Night!
Nice!!!! Fully loaded with a Fender Soundsystem pro X with leather for $45k is not bad! Considering prices are up right now!!!
Ford better get it together soon I’m thinking of jumping ship!!!
And it tows 6200k or so
@Montana Bronco
Sponsored