Sponsored

How long until someone figures out a fix / tweak / mod to pull the rear soft top window tight?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a Bestop…

Because they’ve been making them for so long for Jeeps, old Broncos, etc.

The only way to fix the factory top is lose the buckles at the top of the windows, and put in zippers or the slid out tracks like the Bestops. After you get the stretch across the entire window top to bottom, then you can never lift up the rear because over time that is going to create waves in the plastic.

Net - it is in the design, and I don’t see a fix without changing the design.
I don’t think so…I think Bestop uses thicker plastic that makes it easy to look good all the time…you can tell when you handle their panels you won’t have those waves. The clips would be fine if they used windows like these…

C2517468-6924-473D-89AF-9D66DBC8611F.png
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t think so…I think Bestop uses thicker plastic that makes it easy to look good all the time…you can tell when you handle their panels you won’t have those waves. The clips would be fine if they used windows like these…
Come to think of it both Quadratec and Bestop make a big deal out of the type of window plastic, so you are probably right. Which means maybe one of them will come out with a different window replacement kit.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that thing is a piece of shit too.

#hoping2023modtopisnotstrikethree
Pssst... here’s another secret.. you don’t have to buy a bronco if you think it looks like ass...

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many hardtop Broncos have been delivered already. Many.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the idea of mic top in the back and soft tops covering the 1st and 2nd rows.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you misunderstood .... they removed the whole rear hatch with the glass attached .... the back windshield glass does NOT come off separately.
Correct, they unbolted the entire rear hatch which includes the rear glass. Not sure why they did that, apparently they thought it needed to be done when removing the top. But yeah, it wasn't a quick release type situation.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pssst... here’s another secret.. you don’t have to buy a bronco if you think it looks like ass...
Or! I can wait until 2023. Or! I can order my Bronco now and live with that butt-ugly soft top until Ford puts out the beautiful (hopefully high quality) modular painted top that they've been teasing people with for years. (y)

Last edited:

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Although I have not either seen or driven a Bronco soft top yet, I would hazard a guess that the poor window fitment on the factory soft top is the cause of much of the reported cabin noise.

I have owned (2) soft tops in the past, and taken a cross-Canada trip with a friend in a 3rd. My first was a 1984 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible. Equipped with a vinyl soft top and glass rear window, it was noticeably louder than the hard top variant, but that wasn’t anything a good stereo couldn’t drown out. My wife’s 2005 PT GT Turbo convertible comes with a thick fabric soft top with sound deadening liner and glass windows, and it’s quiet enough you don’t even need good tunes to drown out road noise on the highway. The cross-Canada journey though was had in a 1990 Suzuki Samurai with a soft top not dissimilar from the Ford offering, and it was a nee level of hell. This was a new vehicle at the time, and unless you were riding a Semi’s ass (caught in the slipstream) you couldn’t hear yourself think. The loose fit plastic windows flapped like a panicked murder of crows at anything faster than 80-90 kph. Those tops were just not made for highway travel; off road use only.
Ford Bronco How long until someone figures out a fix / tweak / mod to pull the rear soft top window tight? D44AB09F-242C-43B0-9052-195FAB7686CB

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dang I never thought I was too terribly OCD until now, every new thread about owners picking up their new Bronco's and if it has a soft top they all have the same horizontal wavey back window look. I have a soft top 4 door Bronco with a build date coming up and I keep looking for a post from someone saying they have fixed the wrinkly back soft top window. I am hopeful a strip of pipe insulation along the top bar above the window may do the trick or a shortening of the window tops buckle straps; if possible. See I told ya I'm too OCD, In the grand scheme of things it's not a deal breaker I will certainly accept it, but not without a fight.
Not an issue.

OP
OP

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a simple idea to tighten up the windows a bit.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just put the soft-top panel windows back on my Bronco for the first time. So easy.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to say…I was swaying hard on the soft top - but, I’m loving it. At this point I’m thinking I’ll go “Dual-Top” once we switch our reservation out of 99 for MY23.

I also noticed there is a ton of slack on the loops that hold the clips. Not sure why they’re not adjustable - but, if it’s bothering you - very easy to close the tension with some butt connectors like the video below or even sew them tighter.
Sponsored