Sponsored

How long until someone figures out a fix / tweak / mod to pull the rear soft top window tight?

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If only Jonathan Ward were OCD about details.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
if the hard top back glass was removable or if it would go down into the tailgate I would get one but for now I will drive it like a convertible, even on the highway. Until the aftermarket can catch up with something new.
It is removable. Leastways when looking at a 2-door Bronco the other day, the sales guy mentioned when they removed the hardtop, they first removed the rear glass hatch. Not sure why they did that, because I always remove my Jeep hardtops with the rear hatch as a unit. But apparently the rear glass hatch on the Bronco is removable via some bolts, in case someone wants to remove it. I didn't look closely how, just going by what the sales guy told me.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a related note, nobody really talks about how great the Bronco soft top looks when the soft side and rear panels are off. Classic safari top. Much better looking than Jeepā€™s soft top with the wide read corner panels, IMO.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of off topic, but I'd probably take out a second mortgage to get roadster inserts and soft doors for the 6G. I'm drooling over here.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is removable. Leastways when looking at a 2-door Bronco the other day, the sales guy mentioned when they removed the hardtop, they first removed the rear glass hatch. Not sure why they did that, because I always remove my Jeep hardtops with the rear hatch as a unit. But apparently the rear glass hatch on the Bronco is removable via some bolts, in case someone wants to remove it. I didn't look closely how, just going by what the sales guy told me.
I think you misunderstood .... they removed the whole rear hatch with the glass attached .... the back windshield glass does NOT come off separately.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good lord some of ya'll are buying the wrong vehicle.
yep, it seems like there are a lot of people who are dumb enough to buy a car they hate. i wish i was smart enough to make so many people spend their money on something they hate so much. hell, they are even getting in line and buying these stupid things before the factory can make them and complaining they need to wait so long... those marketing guy really earned their money... (sarcasm font) #adulting

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

yep, it seems like there are a lot of people who are dumb enough to buy a car they hate. i wish i was smart enough to make so many people spend their money on something they hate so much. hell, they are even getting in line and buying these stupid things before the factory can make them and complaining they need to wait so long... those marketing guy really earned their money... (sarcasm font) #adulting
most of the anger comes from people who still dont have a VIN .... i get it

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

most of the anger comes from people who still dont have a VIN .... i get it
so now is the time to cancel their orders and get out of a purchase which will never bring them pleasure. i don't have a vin yet, but i either want to purchase the car i ordered or am too stubborn to admit i made a mistake...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why can best top get this right . Yet we get please change to this top that makes my $55000 rig look like the side windows are warn out. Give these things a few years they will look even better. This is the rockstars who thought a bull bar covering the bronco logo would be good.
Ford Bronco How long until someone figures out a fix / tweak / mod to pull the rear soft top window tight? 4E1569CA-DAA4-43DF-AF99-2AB15A6FAAD4

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every soft top I've owned, the windows were like this. No matter how nice the windows looked new, they were wavey after a few uses.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s not the tilt up featureā€¦itā€™s poor fitment and clear material that is too thin. Hopefully Webasto offer stiffer rear windows aftermarket to fix their stupid wavy windows. There is no way Ford intended in their spec to them to allow thatā€¦.look at new windows on the Bestop fastback the versionā€¦perfect. Itā€™s not that hardā€¦
I have too agree. The windows of that other off road vehicle not to be named aren't like that.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

doesn't bother me, I want the ease of use and convenience of open/close on short notice and no panels to lug around with me. Those would mostly live in the garage anyways.
Also kind of adds a bit to the retro look of the whole rig, not expecting a Porsche roof here. I'm sure aftermarket will come out with something. Ideally I want MIC top in back and soft over both rows of seats in front. 'Till then I'll be happy with the quick open/close of the softie and never look at the wrinkly windows after day one anyway.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Get a Bestopā€¦
Why can best top get this right?
Because theyā€™ve been making them for so long for Jeeps, old Broncos, etc.

The only way to fix the factory top is lose the buckles at the top of the windows, and put in zippers or the slid out tracks like the Bestops. After you get the stretch across the entire window top to bottom, then you can never lift up the rear because over time that is going to create waves in the plastic.

Net - it is in the design, and I donā€™t see a fix without changing the design.
Sponsored