Sponsored

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had wanted a Tacoma for as long as I can remember, and finally bought a new 2017 in late 2016. I kept it 4 years, and said I'd never let it go. And then Ford did the unthinkable by dropping a Bronco that is a legitimate 4x4 instead of just the crossover minivan POS I expected like the Blazer.
I get the need for that as well, so I'm happy to see the Bronco Sport as well, but I'd never let my Tacoma go for that. So in the meantime, I'm driving old clapped out junk, hoping to keep it running until I can actually lay hands on my new Bronco, because the Taco has been gone for a few months now...
I was in the same boat, my dad had Toyota trucks since I was born. I really wanted an FJ Cruiser Trail Teams and when I started looking in early 2019 the prices were absurd for a manual with decent miles. We're talking $30-35k for a 5-7 year old vehicle. I thought I'd do the practical thing and just buy a new Tacoma for $37k. Like I said I like it but don't love it, the manual and V6 aren't that fun and I don't use the bed nearly as much as I should. Good thing is it holds its value like no other and will continue to be my daily until I decide I'm ready to pounce on a Bronco..

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I very much intend to keep this vehicle for 300K miles, granted it lasts that long. I’m the type to change the oil every 3k miles religiously. I’ve had a 2016 BMW 4 series coupe for 82,000 miles with zero issues, only regular maintenance. I hope to be the guy in 2065 with that mint high mileage Bronco. Curious to see how much time others intend to keep theirs. Cheers!
No vehicle (driving under normal conditions) needs oil changes every 3000 miles anymore. 7500 to 10K is just fine.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My plan is to hold the Bronco very long term. My job shifted to work from home due to the pandemic so daily driving mileage will be drastically reduced - which I am hoping translates to a long life the the rig. 10 year retirement window and I am planning to hold this beyond that.

Sponsored

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I very much intend to keep this vehicle for 300K miles, granted it lasts that long. I’m the type to change the oil every 3k miles religiously. I’ve had a 2016 BMW 4 series coupe for 82,000 miles with zero issues, only regular maintenance. I hope to be the guy in 2065 with that mint high mileage Bronco. Curious to see how much time others intend to keep theirs. Cheers!
Ford Bronco How long will you keep your Bronco? 1611671923054

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No vehicle (driving under normal conditions) needs oil changes every 3000 miles anymore. 7500 to 10K is just fine.
This seems true which is part of ingenuity and progress in manufacturing.
Back in yonder years if you had a 100k mile vehicle it needed an engine rebuild and you'd been through several sets of ignition parts.

With all that said I fall there in the middle ground. I change the oil when I rotate the tires to keep it all on schedule, every 5k.
Even run Mobil1 and still change every 5k.
Maybe money down the drain but it keeps it consistent and I know it's playing it safe that way.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what the expected life of the computer components are? Seems like that would be the limiting factor in eventually having to send it to the boneyard.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree, use good oil. If every 3000 miles is good, every 1000 has to be better...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know what the expected life of the computer components are? Seems like that would be the limiting factor in eventually having to send it to the boneyard.
this is the Achilles heel of the Fords I've owned.
I've had several full size trucks, a few smaller cars, and a handful of sports cars.
In each it wasn't the mechanicals that were an issue.
It was always electrical parts, from fuse blocks to fuel pump relays to IAC or emissions circuit issues.
To be fair in the few GM's I've owned in the past 20 years as well have had similar issues with electronics and the interiors start falling apart.
Probably due to common supplier chains and cheap imported parts.

Reactions: jxc

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I plan to keep it 30 years and then give a future grandchild. Maybe the hope of a sweet ass ride will make them be nice to me.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nephew just turning 6, little gearhead. Told him he can have the Bronco when he gets his license so that would be 10 years of ownership for me. Probably 75K on it when he gets it.

EMrider

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll own my Bronco until it begins to fail on me mechanically or the interior becomes too ratty to enjoy. I’ve owned several vehicles well past 100k miles. With good care, 100k is easy in terms of engine, drivetrain, tranny, etc....... What typically causes me to get rid of a vehicle is that the interior is shot and the technology becomes dated. The Bronco will be my DD and I plan to use it as often as possible for camping, over landing, exploring, etc.... It is a tool, not a museum piece.

R

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Until I die, which at my age might be three years or 20 :cool:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changed my mind - until my daughter asks for it.

*post-25 and even then I'll probably offer to buy her something else instead
Sponsored