Sponsored

How many are you are considering leasing versus buying the Bronco?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
People think I am crazy for saying that these will lease out starting at $350-400 (40K miles over 3 years, maybe $1000 down). But it makes sense because of their likely high residual value and the fact that Ford/Dealers are motivated to have a solid stock of used ones for dealers in a few years. We will see.

Also, maybe these will be "hobby cars" not daily drivers which may prompt some to opt into low mileage leases.
That was my first thought as well, and followed it up with what you said.. Simple supply and demand and likely higher than normal residual for a pick up / real SUV could make it a lease contender for someone who only daily drives.

I'm leasing my Subaru Crosstrek now but plan to buy the Bronco as I plan on keeping it longer than my last few cars and will invariably damage it some and don't want to have to repair cosmetic stuff to turn a lease in.
Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

chuckle....yeah but who cares? So why are we wasting time on this subject we should just get the new toy and play with it. I for one have no desire to leave anything for my remaining kid my daughter.
Which model are you contemplating getting?
What are you getting? Why?

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy or bust
Never liked leases, but I keep cars for a looooong time

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
well, originally I reserved a Badlands, but I don’t really care about the disconnect. Then, when I added in the extras that I wanted, a Wildtrak already has most of them... and cheaper! So, i’m going Wildtrak... I guess... I think... maybe... well, we’ll see!!!
I liked the wildtrack untill i saw no fog lights. Fog lights are essential like rain sensing wipers for me

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What are you getting? Why?
wildtrak or badlands. Would like the 4.7 final drive ratio. I would like the 2.3 not fond of v6's with 10sp fog lights. I find the specs confusing and will have to talk to Ford before ordering. I almost always order vehiles with all options. Also must have is the 360 view which i saw mentioned but not listed in the comparison neither are fog lamps.
Have you decided?
Also in the brochure it mentions a 1.5 eco boost engine?

Last edited:

Sponsored

n0mn0mkrumycake

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 XLT FX4 CC, 2001 Audi B5S4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I leased my 2017 F150 36 months 15k miles, my buyout was $27k with x-plan and offers even after buying out at the end of my lease my payment stayed below $500/month and total money after tax and financing charges im still under sticker for a 50k+ truck. you can modify a lease, just get bolt-ons and keep original parts because if you want to turn it in you just swap original stuff back on and sell the aftermarket stuff. only thing you can't do is a lift because you have to permanently cut the frame. everything else you can do though. Leasing can be a great option if the numbers are right.
Ford Bronco How many are you are considering leasing versus buying the Bronco? 20190512_120247

I get z plan and leasing F150s has been great for me. I looked at all the costs, interest rate and reduction of risk (you can turn in a vehicle that has had problems). It was almost the same expense as buying and if I didn’t like the truck, I get something different. Granted, those two years limit modifications, but it was to have a “free” look and a known price if I decided to purchase. Ford is fine doing leases if it makes sense. They book the sale, the leasing company makes $ on the lease and the dealer network gets access to a fleet of low mileage used cars. The question becomes what the residual is and how predictable is it? Mustang GTs are usually not leased and incentives are rare. 1. Because they sell everything they make and 2. The lease returns are often beat to hell. Bronco would face a similar situation. I would prefer to lease and see if the 2.3l is the right choice, but I am assuming it will not be as attractive as the F150s here in the Detroit market.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan...

buy.
modify the shit out of it.
keep original parts.
expect all of the mods to fit a 2023 Warthog type.
whatever won’t fit a 2023 Warthog type leave on, remove other parts.
sell 2021.
buy 2023 Warthog.
add old parts.
live happily ever after.

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a small business owner or in a situation where leasing makes sense.

I'm not even willing to finance more than three years but that's my own pet peeve.

I believe in staying within our means but am also open to stretching a bit when it makes sense for the long term.

With that said, I'll be opening my wallet for a Bronco, lol.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whatever you do, just make sure you understand what you are signing up for. I've seen people do a cash-out refi on their house because a mortgage broker convinced them the super low interest rate was a good deal. (But it is interest compounded for 30 years!)

Leases and loans have different good and bad points. For me personally, I put way too many miles on my vehicles to lease. While I don't plan on modifying my Bronco until it's out of warranty, I do plan on scratching it up a bit, maybe even on the way home from Iowa when I pick it up. (Isn't that what it was designed for?) Plus, every vehicle I've owned someone gets Coca-Cola all over the interior, and I don't expect this one to be any different.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People think I am crazy for saying that these will lease out starting at $350-400 (40K miles over 3 years, maybe $1000 down). But it makes sense because of their likely high residual value and the fact that Ford/Dealers are motivated to have a solid stock of used ones for dealers in a few years. We will see.

Also, maybe these will be "hobby cars" not daily drivers which may prompt some to opt into low mileage leases.
Just kidding... Had to post it though.
tenor.gif

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two issues with considering leasing:

1. Sales Taxes as discussed, it would db nice to dole this out over 3 years of a lease and then 50% of the rest at buyout. Relatively same amount but not as painful as a $4k check to DMV for the honor of a new Bronco. (Hence will ONLY buy a new Bronc if they figure out this interior multicolor mess!!!)

2. Aftermarket add ons. Assume if we add a bumper or lights or anything that they would have to be removed and brought back to factory delivered status at lease turn in. If you do not buy it out, you may get more $$$ due.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also thought the Volvo subscription program was interesting... Sign up for 3 years of payments and get a brand new SUV EVERY year for the 3 years. Thats 3 Volvo's over the course of the subscription and you get the latest and greatest of new designs every year. At the end, drive it onto the lot and walk away.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve never leased a car but have nothing against it if it works for you....I know someone with an economics bachelor and an MBA in forensic accounting and partner at a Big 4 firm and only leases cars. The idea is that if you don’t drive too many miles, the lease is just another budgeted expense but you’ll never have to pay for maintenance or repairs and will always have a newer car. You will just have a monthly payment indefinitely.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely not, they don't call it a 'Flease' for nothing. I am paying cash for mine and bypassing the lien business. I want to own both of my Broncos straight up.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer in Long Island, NY said he heard they plan to have "aggressive leading deals". I took that to mean cheap.
Which dealer is this?
Sponsored